Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ninja turtles

Default Re: Ninja turtles

You know I love the discussions here! Personally I can handle the idea of the turtles being aliens; at this point I trust Michael Bay when it comes to movies. Transformers was amazing and the feel of his movies will really help bring the Turtles into the 21st Century. And I'd love to see Kang done in a way that makes him something more than a joke, so I hope he's brought into the movie. By the way, here are some recent illustrations that I did as a pet project, it's TMNT vs Zombies! This is how I've always pictured the Turtles, tough and gritty. If the new movie could bring something like this to the big screen I'd love it!
    Raphael.jpgLeonardo.jpgDonatello.jpgMichelangelo.jpg

If michael bay wanted alien turtles, why didnt he just start a new franchise? why destroy a solid one that enjoyed success as it was? making them aliens totally changes the story and forcing it into this abomination makes this franchise total trash.

I hope we are all wrong and this alien garbage is just "out of context"

btw that vid posted really brings out what a joke the movie will be

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perndog View Post
    If michael bay wanted alien turtles.

People would start calling it a rip-off and say that Bay should of just done Ninja Turtles. It's a lose/lose situation.

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    I hope not. I never did like those, I thought they were fucking ugly.
    Agreed. So much fanboy love for this artist, but I just don't see it. His April was far from sexy - his style has a very Elvis on velvet look, or dogs playing poker....
    http://daverapoza.cghub.com/images/page:3/

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    People would start calling it a rip-off and say that Bay should of just done Ninja Turtles. It's a lose/lose situation.

that should be a clue then that making the ninja turtles, alien is the worst idea anybody can come up with in regards to this franchise.

it totally changes everything and its not the same story anymore, the way I grew up will be violated with no lube.

michael bay should stop this abomination NOW! while it can still be salvaged.

They'll start filming late this summer or early in the fall. With the post production of P&G and the pre production of TF4 looks like it'll be a busy summer for Michael.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91128

I hope the film honors the turtles personalities: Leonardo -the tormented leader Raphael- the grump Donatello- the inventor and Michelangelo the knuckle head

All the other concepts I am willing to be open minded about.

The alien concept could work if handled correctly. I do not like the planet of turtle concept. I would not mind krang losing some chemical that crash lands into a swamp on earth etc.

We will have to wait and see. I am excited for the film and know that Bay and Co. will deliver as always.

PS I hope they keep the traditional color scheme as well.
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Please don't let him sing then! The last time he sang the Vanilla Ice song was here in Belgium (i love the 90's festival) and what i've seen and heard, it wasn't good at all!

awesome review

after all those years, seeing the clips from the first movie, man, that orginal story is classic !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Why the alien route I wonder? Bay has already done this with Transformers.
    I personally really like the original story that the Ninja Turtles spawned from ooze. It's not hard to bring up the original story like it was told in our contemporary time.

Alien Ninja Tutles just doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post

The alien thing is a done deal. You don't make an official announcement and then change it. The question is how the writers will handle it.
    Hopefully.
    Michael did announce TF3 would be his last TF film.

Jesscia Biel says she would be up for playing April.
    http://collider.com/jessica-biel-tot...erview/184922/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    http://collider.com/jessica-biel-tot...erview/184922/
    Im up for her playing ANYTHING!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

She became famous because of her role in a Michael Bay-produced movie, so I wouldn't be surprised if she end up joining this one too.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I thought she became famous because of her role in 7th Heaven?

I thought she became famous because of her role in 7th Heaven?

No. Before "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" she was just one of the many pretty faces in Hollywood. After the success of that movie she became a recognizable name. Not a huge star, but pretty famous nonetheless. She even said during a press junket a few years back that her life was changed after "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and more people knew who she was.

Also, they started offering her big roles in big films after "TTCM". That's not a coincidence.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Perndog View Post
    If michael bay wanted alien turtles, why didnt he just start a new franchise? why destroy a solid one that enjoyed success as it was? making them aliens totally changes the story and forcing it into this abomination makes this franchise total trash.
    My first thoughts exactly after watching the awesome first movie (since years) from the nineties last night, those one-liners from mickey, great stuff, and I remembered them all

the origin story is classic, changing that you change everything. Look, I am a huge michael bay fan, I must admit alien turtle race is not a good idea. Feels more like battletoads the movie. Or like making the moon home planet for Transformers. It's just not the same. Makes it more awkward that kevin eastman approves.

Does some one knows how Nickelodeon feel about this? the owners.
    The just made a new cartoon based on the classic origin story, and next year there is a movie with the same characters but with a new origin story ? Very confusing isnít it? . or am I alone in this ?
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Yes, I agree it's very confusing, especially to kids. In the cartoon the Turtles are mutants, in the film their aliens, in the cartoon Shredder's a human ninja master, in the film he's an alien called Schrader, in the cartoon the Foot are a clan, in the cartoon the're a milittary operation, the cartoon his henchmen are Dogpound and Fishface, in the film it's Bebop and Rocksteady, in the cartoon the're a bunch of "Kraang", in the film there's one "Krang".

So excited for the movie! Michael is going to be great for this film!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I've just read the first few lines.

One part of this scene has one of the turtles THROWING A FORKLIFT, which BOUNCES OFF ANOTHER TURTLE'S SHELL, and INTO AN SUV, causing a HUGE EXPLOSION.
    I think someone is making fun with the whole story. How come a "basic user" from CBM got his hands on the script. I'm not trusting this.

Is this site run by 10-year-olds?

Judging by the way they express themselves I would say "yes". I saw two of their "articles" and my brain almost melted. Another site to avoid.

Yeah CBM are very often the first to post many things but they're not always very credible. This article is the best example. First it was posted in the "news" section, then moved to "fan fic" and now it's in "editorial" marked as Satire. Even they don't know what exactly is this. And even the guy who wrote it was surprised that they tagged it as Satire and moved it. : rol

Sadly everything he says is true. I guess you could say it's fake, but than someone would have had to take their time too write a 119 page fake script.