Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ninja turtles

Default Re: Ninja turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    WOW! What have we got here? Several bitching fan boys who have just joined the boards and already started insulting the regular members here.
    I'm sorry but aside from Buttercup insulting starscream1017 two posts prior to yours who else exactly has insulted you regular members?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    : rol Good Lord. I'm surprised you could remove your lips from Bay's ass long enough to type that post. As someone already stated, Transformers was NOT dead prior to the movies, though admittedly it wasn't at the height of it's popularity anymore. But that's a far cry from resurrecting a dead franchise. You're exaggerating as much as the fanboys you're complaining about. Everyone understands that different teams bring different visions to the subject. What exists in one medium (comics/cartoons) doesn't always translate well to movies, thus some changes are necessary/acceptable. Needless changes are, well....needless.

Oh yes. That'd be great. Just close down registration and ban everyone who doesn't share your love of Bay. Then you can just all have a cuddle party, hug each other, and collectively kiss Bay's ass. It's like a little community of Bay-Fanboys.
    Im not kissing anyones ass.. i just think its stupid how ppl are reacting to a statement made & jumping to conclusions without even seeing anything first! the original creators are on board, and people are still hating for no reason! they should see something before judging.. if people hate Bay, don't watch the film.. end of story.

this forum is for Michael's fans, who want to discuss his movies.. not for people who want to hate on him.. there are plenty of other forums where people are complaining about raped childhoods.. the fact that you and others have only joined this month tells us why your here..

One of the original creators is on board, the other one recently made another post about this on his blog.
    http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....urtles-as.html

WOW! What have we got here? Several bitching fan boys who have just joined the boards and already started insulting the regular members here. Way to go .... :borat

Show some respect to the place where you've been accepted to and get...

Attachment 5323
    I've actually started to relax over this issue now that I have a reason to but besides the fact that Kimmel ripped off an Animaniacs skit, anyone who's a regular on a forum has lost their license to tell someone to "Get-A-Life" the second they signed on...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevic View Post
    If not for those "hardcore" fans supporting the franchises and making it successful in the first place these movies would not even exist. While the movies aren't made just for them they are an integral and expected primary target audience for the them as they are the ones who would most likely pay to see them, non-fans would be far more hesitant. So it is understandable that they would be upset over changes to what they percieve as essential plotlines.
    I agree. Still MB's Transformers are aimed at the general public. Sorry! But because of this, TV series like TF:Prime are possible which is exactly what hardcore fans want.

And how exactly do you know they would have failed if they followed the source material more closely? You don't, for all we know they could have been just as, if not more, successful. You are just making a baseless assertion.
    Absolutely all the things I say are just my thoughts. They might not be right and some people won't like them. That's normal. I made my assertion based on the fact that the source material from the 80's would really look ridiculous now. I'm grateful to Michael that he changed Bumblebee's and Megatron's alt modes and many other things which could work better now. Actually whatever people say Ehren Krueger is a big G1 fan and really tried hard to not disappoint the fans.

Oh please. While the TF movies may have made the franchise more successul, which wasn't only because of just Bay I might add, it didn't resurrect it as they had on-going series (comics, toys and animated TV shows) before and during the production of the 2007 TF movie.
    Not only they resurrected the franchise but it entered in another golden period. Just for example in 2007 Hasbro reported net income of $32.9 million, compared to net loss of $4.9 million from the previous year. And this was only for the first quarter of the year before the actual premiere of the movie...

I'm sorry but aside from Buttercup insulting starscream1017 two posts prior to yours who else exactly has insulted you regular members?
    Well from 5-6 new members who mainly discuss the Turtles' issues one already insulting is a pretty big percentage. Almost 20% of the new members. : rol

P.S. Damn! Why am I even bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    anyone who's a regular on a forum has lost their license to tell someone to "Get-A-Life" the second they signed on...
    What?

Are talking about my post or the person who posted the video? If you feel offended by the video than I really feel sorry for you.

What?

Are talking about my post or the person who posted the video? If you feel offended by the video than I really feel sorry for you.
    Nah...the fact that you regurgitated as if you were better than us or something......Kimmel is at the bottom of the totem pole with hosts of his kind so there's no worry about him, even though I think it's quite funny that he'd even care about the outrage since he "has a life" but that's for another time lol.

Nah...the fact that you regurgitated as if you were better than us or something.
    You're missing the point. My post was for the guy who managed to insult a member on his 3rd post.

You're missing the point. My post was for the guy who managed to insult a member on his 3rd post.
    I just think you could have handled that better..

I just think you could have handled that better..
    Imagine if I told these exact words to the Turtle fans and their reaction.

Imagine if I told that to the reaction of the Turtle fans.
    For the extremists that would hold true, Some of us are just trying to get y'all to understand why them being full-on alien changes the whole franchise and would be a problem...

Thumbs up Re: Ninja turtles

Guys.. ladies.. relax.. take a bite out of these..

When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Guys.. ladies.. relax.. take a bite out of these..

Real smooth lol....we're just starting to really "relax" and doing this might get some fans riled up a bit....like I said, Real Smooth

But to set a more "brighter atmosphere" for this board.... visually here's something I'd like to see for the Turtles' looks:

747_max.jpg

048_max.jpg

634_max.jpg

359_max.jpg

Depending on what tone they go for..

Thumbs down Re: Ninja turtles

after hearing the news that a new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie was in the works and it was directed by michael bay I was really happy.

when I found out michael bay was destroying the franchise by making the turtles as aliens I was enraged and compelled to register and voice my displeasure here.

please stop with this nonsense.

I will not watch it, and I will tell my friends and family not to watch such rape of the ninja turtles with this crap.

I like michael bay and his previous movies, but this, this is too much.

maybe this change was made to promote the movie with negative publicity, who knows but this is the most boneheaded idea I have heard of this franchise ever.

might as well call it the next aliens installment, now with ninja aliens

This movie is directed by Michael Bay, he is one of five producers on the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Perndog View Post
    after hearing the news that a new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie was in the works and it was directed by michael bay I was really happy.
    Michael Bay is producing the movie. Not directing it.

who is then
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

I will not watch it, and I will tell my friends and family not to watch such rape of the ninja turtles with this crap.
    You know what nonsense needs to be stopped? The use of the word "rape" in this context. You cannot sexually assault a film. It's impossible.

It's okay to be displeased with the changes (which I'm still taking with a grain of salt), many fans have spoken very maturely about it. But this whole "raping my childhood" or "raping of the Ninja Turtles" rhetoric is getting very, very old. Not only does it sound very immature, but the very use of it puts one into that "raging fanboy with no life" stereotype the media loves to mock.*

*And yes, I've been guilty of mocking that stereotype myself (like me going "bwahaha!" at the Jimmy Kimmel bit), but that's because it's a made up video by a talk show host that's not meant to be taken seriously. (Really, it's not.)

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    who is then
    Jonathan Liebesman

there's one going to be on tv
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Wasn't there something in the 2007 TMNT about the turtles maybe being aliens?

when I found out michael bay was destroying the franchise by making the turtles as aliens I was enraged and compelled to register and voice my displeasure here.

#1 - it is not directed by Michael Bay, its Jonathan Liebesman
    #2 - please tell your friends and family not to watch it so that the theater seats will be available for the people actually do wanna watch it, thank you
    #3 - I also refuse to watch the rape of a turtle, let alone a ninja turtle........that is illegal, please don't mention such sexually grotesque things ever again
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    #3 - I also refuse to watch the rape of a turtle, let alone a ninja turtle........that is illegal, please don't mention such sexually grotesque things ever again
    LMAO!! :lmao

But to set a more "brighter atmosphere" for this board.... visually here's something I'd like to see for the Turtles' looks:

747_max.jpg

048_max.jpg

634_max.jpg

359_max.jpg

Depending on what tone they go for..
    I think they look a little 2 old in these pics, more like grandpa ninja turtles than teenage turtles.. but they might drop the whole teenage aspect of it anyways. so who knows.. cant wait to see some concept stuff!

@FlyingHeart LOL at that pic! that was funny as hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Wasn't there something in the 2007 TMNT about the turtles maybe being aliens?
    Uh, no.