Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ninja turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem

This comment takes the cake. Incredible. Do yourself a favor and google "audience polls" and "CinemaScore". And then check the results for all Michael Bay films.

Yes, all of them were positive. And no, reviews don't mean anything. Especially when it comes to mainstream Hollywood movies. You can trust me on that, because it's my job to know these things. And I really don't like when people who don't know anything about that paint a different picture and make up their own "facts".
    Dude your so right about that.
    Reviews come from seperate people you just can not trust reviews on whats good or not, you can with products that you buy in onlineshops but not with movies.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: Ninja turtles

Even if all the angry fans had a valid reason for the creative team to change it back to the way it was , I'd still hope they ignore you and do what they want!

Thing is if a Director, writer, or producer just change things at the whim of a vocal minority, it means they don't have that much passion or vision for what their doing to start with! And that is surely worse than changing things.

Box office doesn't always tell the story with regards to how much people like a movie, but $2.7 billion for the TF franchise? C'mon. Admittedly, $1.2 billion might have been courtesy of Sora.

A measure (not the end-all-be-all though) I like to use is home sales (Blu-ray/DVD) because people who are willing to fork out money to own a movie... probably like it.

TF? $292 million
    TF2? $222 million
    TF3? $46 million (six months)

That's about $560 million total so far.

So yeah, a few people like these movies, and yeah, Bay kinda knows what he's doing.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Where I got my numbers BTW: http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/se...ansformers.php

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I love Conan (and clearly his audience likes the idea of Bay rebooting the franchise).

Here's a short scene from the movie : )

"You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post

Hahahah :lmao that's better.

I'm sick of humping dogs/turtles jokes with Michael.

^^^^^^^^^^

Perfect! Thanks Jimmy Kimmel. :borat
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

wohahaha, mega funny dude

interesting to see a ninja turltes sub forum on the boards ! gonna follow it with much interest
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Bwahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    judith and laird defended bay.. like don't put the cart before the horse
    Laird didn't exactly define Bay, this is what he said.
    Did you really get out of what I wrote that I in any way, shape or form LIKE the idea of a planet of Turtles? If so, I guess I have to re-think how I express myself.

Just so it's absolutely clear -- I think a planet of turtles is not, in and of itself, a bad idea for some kind of science fiction/fantasy story. But as a way to explain any aspect of the backstory of TMNT, I think it is awful and unnecessary.

Of course, we have no idea at this point if the plan is to have a planet of Turtles. It's probably a good idea to wait and see. -- PL
    Though, it seems like Eastman did.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=56782

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    When will the hardcore fans understand that these movies are not made for them? When will hardcore fans understand that they are very little compared to the audience as a whole? Did the hardcore fans asked themselves the question what would have happened if Michael made the 2007 TF movie exactly as they wanted closely following the source material? I can tell you what would have happened. There wouldn't have been more TF movies because they would have failed at the box office and all sequels depends on $$$$$. Michael makes his movies to be enjoyed by the general public. That makes them successful. Like it or not but there are much more people liking his movies than don't. You can check for example on Facebook. Only the first movie has 15 000 000 fans. All the fans have to be grateful to Bay. He resurrected the whole franchise - the toys, the comics, new successful TV shows. This is all because of Bay. This is all because he made his movies for the general public and not the hardcore fans. I can see that this will happen with TMNT as well. This is the best news that the fans could want.
    Here's the thing I don't get, if they don't care if the fans of the licensee see the movie than why are you using said licensee? If you are aiming this at the masses who don't know who the TMNT are, and don't care what their origin is, than why would you change something you know would piss off fans? Why would you want to turn off a group of people from seeing your movie? The hardcore fans are the ones who go see the movies over and over again. Batman Begins and Iron Man, stuck pretty close to the source martial, and shown you can appeal to the fans, and the general public at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

And this is the first official confirmation that Jonathan Liebesman is in. Thanks for the link.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Nelson, will the release date be placed under the board's title? Just as a sort of uniform for all of the movie boards listed

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Bwahahaha!!!
    yeah and those Genre fans with "no life" that Jimmy talks about are in the music, film, and comic industry making money so he needs to watch his tongue when he stereotypes and ridicules fandom of any kind..

The Wu-Tang clans are comic fans, are they "lifeless"

Not to mention, this can easily apply to anyone that enjoys fan forums so I wouldn't be acting like he's so right..

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    yeah and those Genre fans with "no life" that Jimmy talks about are in the music, film, and comic industry making money so he needs to watch his tongue when he stereotypes and ridicules fandom of any kind..

The Wu-Tang clans are comic fans, are they "lifeless"

Not to mention, this can easily apply to anyone that enjoys fan forums so I wouldn't be acting like he's so right..
    You're confusing nerds with fanboys.

http://www.chud.com/14136/the-devins...-not-a-fanboy/

Jim Lawson, one of the artists from the comics, posted some drawings about what he thinks a turtles as alien film would look like.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=56776

Brian Tyler or Steve Jablonsky for score, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.
    That's ridiculous. Having the same origin story does not equate to the same plot as the cartoons/comics. It's backstory. It's what defines the characters (what most fans are worried is going to change by changing the origin). The last CGI film didn't even touch on the origin, but retained it, and it was a completely new plot.

Basically, what I'm hearing, is that they will be aliens and not teenagers? So this movie is going to go the same way as Catwoman and the American Godzilla movie. It'll be Ninja Turtles, but in name only. I don't really get that. If you're going to change so much, just make a different movie and call it something else.

And also here's Peter Laird's newest comment on his blog

Did you really get out of what I wrote that I in any way, shape or form LIKE the idea of a planet of Turtles? If so, I guess I have to re-think how I express myself.

Just so it's absolutely clear -- I think a planet of turtles is not, in and of itself, a bad idea for some kind of science fiction/fantasy story. But as a way to explain any aspect of the backstory of TMNT, I think it is awful and unnecessary.

Of course, we have no idea at this point if the plan is to have a planet of Turtles. It's probably a good idea to wait and see. -- PL

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You're confusing nerds with fanboys.

http://www.chud.com/14136/the-devins...-not-a-fanboy/

And this is said by someone who should practice what he preaches because I've seen more than one article of this guy bitching about something from an upcoming film..

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

:lmao:lmao

Both of those videos are great! Even the humping turtle one. He's done rats and dogs, why not turtles?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't really get that. If you're going to change so much, just make a different movie and call it something else.
    Well actually that's exactly what they are doing. They're making a different movie and it won't be called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still that doesn't mean that the fans won't enjoy it. Michael said that there will be plenty of things for the fan boys. Just be open minded, don't make quick conclusions before we even know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Well actually that's exactly what they are doing. They're making a different movie and it won't be called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still that doesn't mean that the fans won't enjoy it. Michael said that there will be plenty of things for the fan boys. Just be open minded, don't make quick conclusions before we even know something.
    Well actually, not really. If you say Ninja Turtles people still immediately think TMNT. That's like removing Star Trek from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. You're not fooling anybody. Regardless, I'm not saying it'll be a box office flop or people won't enjoy it. But if there are too many deviations from the source material....too many needless deviations.....It'll be the Ninja Turtles in name only. It'll be what Transmorphers is to Transformers.

Hollywood is going to do what they want to do. And we'll see how it looks when more details surface. I have many worries that changing their origin forces too many other changes. Just like with the American Godzilla movie. I love Zilla, and a small part of me enjoyed the movie for what it was.....an interpretation of Godzilla. A bad one, but an interpretation none-the-less. However, I know it's NOT Godzilla...nor will it ever be.

Ok, so I am a fan of your work. But, this time I think you are off base.

And since I have seen a lot of people on the thread who don't seem to get why we fans of tmnt are so upset about the alien thing, let me try to help you understand.

Imagine Bay was working on a football movie. All the football fans would be excited because he does great work. Then, they found out that in HIS movie, the ball would be round. Because, there were so many things that could be improved about the movie with a round ball instead of an oval ball. Well, no matter how awesome his plot, effects, and marketing were, football fans would be pissed off because: that isn't a football.

Turning mutants into aliens is just as bad. It would also be akin to turning superman into a mutant. Its just wrong and way to annoying to overlook. I pray to god this is a marketing stunt.