Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ninja turtles

Default Re: Ninja turtles

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?
    Even so, it still would change everything from the ground up because

- Because if they are aliens what is Splinter's importance in the story because the father/son dynamic between the turtles will no longer matter because they won't have a connection through the fact that he's the only other being that's in their shoes

- How much will the dynamic of the turtles being brothers that stick together because they are really alone in their kind have?

- What will happen with the Backstory of Splinter's master and Shredder/Oroku Saki?

This changes a lot more than you think, I don't plan on letting this work me up too much but some of y'all should atleast be understanding towards the core fanbase and not view them as nuisances. that's all I ask

WOW 400 people are online right now. 230 are watching this thread. Michael you've got talent. :borat

P.S. Patience to the quick judges. It's too early to make any conclusions.

I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.
    Isn't it about getting attention and then talking about it some more?
    Not that you linked to someone's fb page, he is one happy guy who shares his opinion on you-name-it.
    Also all the fan blogs, where do they get their clicks (-> returns on ads and such) from?

Yeah, a bit cynical. But then, what forums be if we were all to agree.

Thumbs up Re: Ninja turtles

http://bayhem.com/GCbhKD

PANGEA, the original writing & development team for TMNT Playmates Toys, commends the Bay vision: mutate away! The Utrom are with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    Even so, it still would change everything from the ground up because

- Because if they are aliens what is Splinter's importance in the story because the father/son dynamic between the turtles will no longer matter because they won't have a connection through the fact that he's the only other being that's in their shoes

- How much will the dynamic of the turtles being brothers that stick together because they are really alone in their kind have?

- What will happen with the Backstory of Splinter's master and Shredder/Oroku Saki?

This changes a lot more than you think, I don't plan on letting this work me up too much but some of y'all should atleast be understanding towards the core fanbase and not view them as nuisances. that's all I ask
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.

Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.
    It doesn't have to be EXACTLY like it....please quit oversimplifying the issue, they can make an "original" story while keeping the crucial elements of the mythos intact the same way other TMNT spinoffs have done the same.

I also feel compelled to ask this: What good is having your favorite property on the big screen if they're not even going to stay loyal to the source(s)?

If this doesn't respect the source material, I'm staying home.

You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?
    Touche.

I also feel compelled to ask this: What good is having your favorite property on the big screen if they're not even going to stay loyal to the source(s)?
    Because 1, somethings don't work when adapted to the big screen (Megatron being a gun, Soundwave being a tape deck). And 2, it's called creative license (Optimus Prime not being a flat nose truck, Bumblebee not being a VW).

Because 1, somethings don't work when adapted to the big screen (Megatron being a gun, Soundwave being a tape deck). And 2, it's called creative license (Optimus Prime not being a flat nose truck, Bumblebee not being a VW).
    What makes you think that the Ninja Turtles and Splinter being mutated by an ooze from another planet won't "work" on screen? Especially when aliens are becoming quite a cliche in this era of cinema.. Not every decision Bay makes is gold dude.(No offense, Mr.Bay)

2) So would you watch a Spider-man film where he didn't get his powers from being bit by a Spider if Bay was attached?

But it has proven to work on the big screen. The 1990 film stayed pretty close to the comic origin and was a huge success. If it's not broke why fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    But it has proven to work on the big screen. The 1990 film stayed pretty close to the comic origin and was a huge success. If it's not broke why fix it?
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Serious question, not trolling but has anyone tried watching those old TMNT movies lately?

The first came on tv a few weeks ago in the UK, it's not aged well. I'd put it on par with the 80s transformers movie in that it's only worth watching as abit of nostalgic fun!

I consider myself quite a big TMNT fan and changing the backstory means nothing to me the only thing I ask of any project I'm looking forward to is that it be good! And that's impossible to judge yet!

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Serious question, not trolling but has anyone tried watching those old TMNT movies lately?

The first came on tv a few weeks ago in the UK, it's not aged well. I'd put it on par with the 80s transformers movie in that it's only worth watching as abit of nostalgic fun!

I consider myself quite a big TMNT fan and changing the backstory means nothing to me the only thing I ask of any project I'm looking forward to is that it be good! And that's impossible to judge yet!
    Even so...the concept seemed plausible with the audience and can still remain plausible with the audience

I still enjoy the TMNT film when I watch it on DVD and find it entertaining though

What makes you think that the Ninja Turtles and Splinter being mutated by an ooze from another planet won't "work" on screen? Especially when aliens are becoming quite a cliche in this era of cinema.. Not every decision Bay makes is gold dude.(No offense, Mr.Bay)
    It's a simple concept not high concept.

2) So would you watch a Spider-man film where he didn't get his powers from being bit by a Spider if Bay was attached?
    If memory serves me correctly, Bay passed on Spiderman for a bunch of reasons. I'd watch it anyway. I'm open-minded.

it's a simple concept not high concept.
    And that's a bad thing......why?

If memory serves me correctly, bay passed on spiderman for a bunch of reasons. I'd watch it anyway. I'm open-minded.
    lol

People will spaz out at the littlest things. I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a little kid, but I have no problem with the alien angle. It's a whole new branch on the franchise. Heck, has anyone read the comic? The characters started out as trained assassins for petes sake!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    People will spaz out at the littlest things. I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a little kid, but I have no problem with the alien angle. It's a whole new branch on the franchise. Heck, has anyone read the comic? The characters started out as trained assassins for petes sake!
    Which is what I WAS hoping this film would harken back to seeing as how they are MUTANT NINJA TURTLES lol.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I hope Bay isn't spending too much time on prep, isn't this around the time that P&G should have started shooting?

I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.
    I would rather watch those movies than the next Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay. The last time I checked, those movies didn't really have an "entertaining story".

I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.
    I'm with you on that 100% there has to be more then just the things like in the cartoons, there has to be more story and complexity to it or it'll be boring as hell like you said..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I'm with you on that 100% there has to be more then just the things like in the cartoons, there has to be more story and complexity to it or it'll be boring as hell like you said..
    This is the point I'm trying to make...I'm fine with deviations from the storylines as long as they don't Radically change everything about the characters motives, relationship dynamics, and backgrounds as well as the tone of the franchise.

For instance, if the Turtles have the same background, motives etc, I wouldn't have no problem if the storyline they started off with was the storyline with the invasion of Baxter Stockman's mousers or the Dimension X storyline since the recent line of comics are incorporating the latter elements.

Name the last Bay film to have "complexity" to its storyline? His movies can be entertaining don't get me wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    If it's interesting enough, and well done. There are some things that don't need to be change, and there are others that are necessary to change from the source material. Honestly they just need to keep the original origin. They can do whatever they want with the humor and the action. But the origin cannot change. That just wouldn't make sense to make them aliens, and having Shredder their main adversary from the start. He had a lot to do with Splinter's past. Boring is good only at certain limits, but if you drag it out too long then it's not good. I prefer having a TMNT movie at least 95% faithful, at least, with the original origin still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBargas
    I would rather watch those movies than the next Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay.
    Yeah, you and two other people.

The last time I checked, those movies didn't really have an "entertaining story".
    But they were entertaining nonetheless.