Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 322

Thread: Ninja turtles

  1. #26

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?
    Even so, it still would change everything from the ground up because

    - Because if they are aliens what is Splinter's importance in the story because the father/son dynamic between the turtles will no longer matter because they won't have a connection through the fact that he's the only other being that's in their shoes

    - How much will the dynamic of the turtles being brothers that stick together because they are really alone in their kind have?

    - What will happen with the Backstory of Splinter's master and Shredder/Oroku Saki?

    This changes a lot more than you think, I don't plan on letting this work me up too much but some of y'all should atleast be understanding towards the core fanbase and not view them as nuisances. that's all I ask

  2. #27
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    WOW 400 people are online right now. 230 are watching this thread. Michael you've got talent. :borat

    P.S. Patience to the quick judges. It's too early to make any conclusions.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.
    Isn't it about getting attention and then talking about it some more?
    Not that you linked to someone's fb page, he is one happy guy who shares his opinion on you-name-it.
    Also all the fan blogs, where do they get their clicks (-> returns on ads and such) from?


    Yeah, a bit cynical. But then, what forums be if we were all to agree.

  4. #29
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Thumbs up Re: Ninja turtles

    http://bayhem.com/GCbhKD

    PANGEA, the original writing & development team for TMNT Playmates Toys, commends the Bay vision: mutate away! The Utrom are with you!

  5. #30
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    Even so, it still would change everything from the ground up because

    - Because if they are aliens what is Splinter's importance in the story because the father/son dynamic between the turtles will no longer matter because they won't have a connection through the fact that he's the only other being that's in their shoes

    - How much will the dynamic of the turtles being brothers that stick together because they are really alone in their kind have?

    - What will happen with the Backstory of Splinter's master and Shredder/Oroku Saki?

    This changes a lot more than you think, I don't plan on letting this work me up too much but some of y'all should atleast be understanding towards the core fanbase and not view them as nuisances. that's all I ask
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.

  6. #31

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.
    It doesn't have to be EXACTLY like it....please quit oversimplifying the issue, they can make an "original" story while keeping the crucial elements of the mythos intact the same way other TMNT spinoffs have done the same.

  7. #32

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    I also feel compelled to ask this: What good is having your favorite property on the big screen if they're not even going to stay loyal to the source(s)?

  8. #33

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.
    If this doesn't respect the source material, I'm staying home.

  9. #34
    Senior Member TIMtationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,101

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?
    Touche.

  10. #35
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    I also feel compelled to ask this: What good is having your favorite property on the big screen if they're not even going to stay loyal to the source(s)?
    Because 1, somethings don't work when adapted to the big screen (Megatron being a gun, Soundwave being a tape deck). And 2, it's called creative license (Optimus Prime not being a flat nose truck, Bumblebee not being a VW).

  11. #36

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Because 1, somethings don't work when adapted to the big screen (Megatron being a gun, Soundwave being a tape deck). And 2, it's called creative license (Optimus Prime not being a flat nose truck, Bumblebee not being a VW).
    What makes you think that the Ninja Turtles and Splinter being mutated by an ooze from another planet won't "work" on screen? Especially when aliens are becoming quite a cliche in this era of cinema.. Not every decision Bay makes is gold dude.(No offense, Mr.Bay)

    2) So would you watch a Spider-man film where he didn't get his powers from being bit by a Spider if Bay was attached?

  12. #37

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Because 1, somethings don't work when adapted to the big screen (Megatron being a gun, Soundwave being a tape deck). And 2, it's called creative license (Optimus Prime not being a flat nose truck, Bumblebee not being a VW).

    But it has proven to work on the big screen. The 1990 film stayed pretty close to the comic origin and was a huge success. If it's not broke why fix it?

  13. #38

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    But it has proven to work on the big screen. The 1990 film stayed pretty close to the comic origin and was a huge success. If it's not broke why fix it?
    ^This

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    But it has proven to work on the big screen. The 1990 film stayed pretty close to the comic origin and was a huge success. If it's not broke why fix it?
    Serious question, not trolling but has anyone tried watching those old TMNT movies lately?

    The first came on tv a few weeks ago in the UK, it's not aged well. I'd put it on par with the 80s transformers movie in that it's only worth watching as abit of nostalgic fun!

    I consider myself quite a big TMNT fan and changing the backstory means nothing to me the only thing I ask of any project I'm looking forward to is that it be good! And that's impossible to judge yet!

  15. #40

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Serious question, not trolling but has anyone tried watching those old TMNT movies lately?

    The first came on tv a few weeks ago in the UK, it's not aged well. I'd put it on par with the 80s transformers movie in that it's only worth watching as abit of nostalgic fun!

    I consider myself quite a big TMNT fan and changing the backstory means nothing to me the only thing I ask of any project I'm looking forward to is that it be good! And that's impossible to judge yet!
    Even so...the concept seemed plausible with the audience and can still remain plausible with the audience

    I still enjoy the TMNT film when I watch it on DVD and find it entertaining though

  16. #41
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    What makes you think that the Ninja Turtles and Splinter being mutated by an ooze from another planet won't "work" on screen? Especially when aliens are becoming quite a cliche in this era of cinema.. Not every decision Bay makes is gold dude.(No offense, Mr.Bay)
    It's a simple concept not high concept.

    2) So would you watch a Spider-man film where he didn't get his powers from being bit by a Spider if Bay was attached?
    If memory serves me correctly, Bay passed on Spiderman for a bunch of reasons. I'd watch it anyway. I'm open-minded.

  17. #42

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    it's a simple concept not high concept.
    And that's a bad thing......why?

    If memory serves me correctly, bay passed on spiderman for a bunch of reasons. I'd watch it anyway. I'm open-minded.
    lol

  18. #43
    Senior Member taybrian1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    People will spaz out at the littlest things. I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a little kid, but I have no problem with the alien angle. It's a whole new branch on the franchise. Heck, has anyone read the comic? The characters started out as trained assassins for petes sake!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

  19. #44

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    People will spaz out at the littlest things. I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a little kid, but I have no problem with the alien angle. It's a whole new branch on the franchise. Heck, has anyone read the comic? The characters started out as trained assassins for petes sake!
    Which is what I WAS hoping this film would harken back to seeing as how they are MUTANT NINJA TURTLES lol.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,149

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    I hope Bay isn't spending too much time on prep, isn't this around the time that P&G should have started shooting?

  21. #46
    Junior Member DCBargas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.

    I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.
    I would rather watch those movies than the next Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay. The last time I checked, those movies didn't really have an "entertaining story".

  22. #47
    Senior Member Flyingheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Europe, Belgium, Antwerp, Brecht.
    Posts
    3,992

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.

    I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Sorry, but if this has the same EXACT plot as the cartoon or the comics, I'll stay at home.
    I'm with you on that 100% there has to be more then just the things like in the cartoons, there has to be more story and complexity to it or it'll be boring as hell like you said..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

  23. #48

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I'm with you on that 100% there has to be more then just the things like in the cartoons, there has to be more story and complexity to it or it'll be boring as hell like you said..
    This is the point I'm trying to make...I'm fine with deviations from the storylines as long as they don't Radically change everything about the characters motives, relationship dynamics, and backgrounds as well as the tone of the franchise.

    For instance, if the Turtles have the same background, motives etc, I wouldn't have no problem if the storyline they started off with was the storyline with the invasion of Baxter Stockman's mousers or the Dimension X storyline since the recent line of comics are incorporating the latter elements.

    Name the last Bay film to have "complexity" to its storyline? His movies can be entertaining don't get me wrong..

  24. #49
    Junior Member DCBargas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Ninja turtles

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I'm with you on that 100% there has to be more then just the things like in the cartoons, there has to be more story and complexity to it or it'll be boring as hell like you said..
    If it's interesting enough, and well done. There are some things that don't need to be change, and there are others that are necessary to change from the source material. Honestly they just need to keep the original origin. They can do whatever they want with the humor and the action. But the origin cannot change. That just wouldn't make sense to make them aliens, and having Shredder their main adversary from the start. He had a lot to do with Splinter's past. Boring is good only at certain limits, but if you drag it out too long then it's not good. I prefer having a TMNT movie at least 95% faithful, at least, with the original origin still intact.

  25. #50
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCBargas
    I would rather watch those movies than the next Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay.
    Yeah, you and two other people.

    The last time I checked, those movies didn't really have an "entertaining story".
    But they were entertaining nonetheless.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •