Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ninja turtles

Default Ninja turtles

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

Michael

Yeah thats what i was thinking, thanks for calming them down, the net is crazy right now jeezz..

Good luck with everything btw
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: Ninja turtles

Micheal, I trusted you with Transformers. I trust you with this.

Quote Originally Posted by jianozi
    Micheal, I trusted you with Transformers. I trust you with this.
    Same here
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Told ya Mr. Bay would listen.

Oh and Michael, there is already a thread going.... Just kidding

So Eastman is involved? That's good to hear.

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

Michael
    I appreciate you at least addressing the issue...

So does this mean the T.C.R.I/Ooze aspect will be intact or what?

I've been waiting for a new live action TMNT movie for so long! I'm loving the team that's aboard this one too. Admittedly at first I was a bit taken aback by the Turtles as aliens thing, but as I thought about it more it seems like it could actually make for a pretty cool idea. Plus, and I'm not even sure if this is where they're going with it, but could make it easier to open the door for a certain resident of Dimension X. I'm all for updating things to make it more contemporary. With all the complaining people seem to forget Ninja Turtles 3. There's no way it can be worse than that one.

Side note: The only thing I really want, that may be a little dated, is for Michelangelo to say cowabunga; at least once.
    "While all the other kids were out playing ball and stuff, I used to stay in my room and imagine that there was a camera in the wall. And I used to really believe that I was putting on a television show and that it was going out to somewhere in the world."

-Andy Kaufman-

Myspace Youtube

I loved the movies as a kid and I'm really surprised that there are so many hardcore fans of this. Never thought they were so popular. Nice move producing this. :borat

And the fans have to remember that there are also writers, directors and other people involved with this not only Michael.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Fans need to take a breath, and chill.

Mike, don't bother with these people. You don't have to explaing anything. I've read some stuff on the web and it's truly shocking how ridiculous some folks are (some, not all of them). Instead of being grateful that their favorite characters will have their own big-budget action movie, they complain about one decision made by the filmmakers. Do these people even realize how difficult it is to green-lit a $100 million movie these days?

No, they have no idea whatsoever and they take it all for granted. They should be happy that someone will actually invest so much cash in a "Ninja Turtles" movie. But I guess they don't care about that - for them it's a lot easier to just sit in front of a computer and be hateful 24/7. Which is quite sad.

Do what you do best, Michael, and don't let few angry "fanboys" change your mind.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

It's not just fan boys, even the guy who voiced Mike in the movies spoke out against this.
    https://www.facebook.com/robbie.rist...50753394410645

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's not just fan boys, even the guy who voiced Mike in the movies spoke out against this.

And he also said this to TMZ - "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He (Bay) has made WAY more money at this than I have."

- http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/20/teenag...lo-sodomizing/

And no offence, but it's hard to take him seriously when he's using the term "raping childhood memories" after just one statement from Bay. That's just lame when it's coming from a grown-ass man. Or maybe....he's not really angry, he just wants to take advantage of the situation and get his name out there.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    https://www.facebook.com/robbie.rist...50753394410645
    I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.

I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Mike, don't bother with these people. You don't have to explaing anything. I've read some stuff on the web and it's truly shocking how ridiculous some folks are (some, not all of them). Instead of being grateful that their favorite characters will have their own big-budget action movie, they complain about one decision made by the filmmakers. Do these people even realize how difficult it is to green-lit a $100 million movie these days? .
    Um, 1990?

Personally, I just think Bay was trying to get the fanbase going.

Quote Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post
    Um, 1990?

It was made for $13 million. I wouldn't call that a big-budget movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Mike, don't bother with these people. You don't have to explain anything. I've read some stuff on the web and it's truly shocking how ridiculous some folks are (some, not all of them). Instead of being grateful that their favorite characters will have their own big-budget action movie, they complain about one decision made by the filmmakers. Do these people even realize how difficult it is to green-lit a $100 million movie these days?

No, they have no idea whatsoever and they take it all for granted. They should be happy that someone will actually invest so much cash in a "Ninja Turtles" movie. But I guess they don't care about that - for them it's a lot easier to just sit in front of a computer and be hateful 24/7. Which is quite sad.

Do what you do best, Michael, and don't let few angry "fanboys" change your mind.
    Jeezz.. louise.. i fully agree with you man i just tried to talk to one of those psycho's on Twitter and there's no way you can have a decent conversation with these people, it's crazy out there right now.. but at least Michael scored some serious attention for TMNT with this haha like i said earlier, very smart! ;D my man Michael! :borat

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point.

I rather have an entertaining story instead of than a boring one which is 100% faithful to it's source material. Case in point: John Carter and The Watchmen. Boring as hell and they tanked at the boxoffice.
    No one is asking that's 100% faithful, they want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, if someone made Superman a human that uses a jetpack and laser goggles to fight crime then it would get an even bigger uproar than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15

No one is asking that's 100% faithful, they want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, if someone made Superman a human that uses a jetpack and laser goggles to fight crime then it would get an even bigger uproar than this.
    False equivalency. If you think mutation is only applicable to earthly being, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem

And he also said this to TMZ - "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He (Bay) has made WAY more money at this than I have."

- http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/20/teenag...lo-sodomizing/

And no offence, but it's hard to take him seriously when he's using the term "raping childhood memories" after just one statement from Bay. That's just lame when it's coming from a grown-ass man. Or maybe....he's not really angry, he just wants to take advantage of the situation and get his name out there.
    I wonder if he's going to lobby for a part in the movie? A grown ass man obsessed with using the term "sodomizing".

For once I understand the issue being brought up by fans about this. (The level headed fans with legit concerns, not the idiotic death threat making ones). If they're aliens, this must mean there is a whole species of alien turtles out there somewhere right? And if that's the case, then they really aren't mutants. Doesn't that seem a little off to you?

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX
    For once I understand the issue being brought up by fans about this. (The level headed fans with legit concerns, not the idiotic death threat making ones). If they're aliens, this must mean there is a whole species of alien turtles out there somewhere right? And if that's the case, then they really aren't mutants. Doesn't that seem a little off to you?
    You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?

haha never a doll moment with michael's projects, must say as a kid from the eighties...i grow up with transformers and turtles...two franchises i loved the most from my childhoold, transformers more than the ninja turtles. anyway....looking forward to a new TMNT story this time with krang ! (don't deny it )

I just wanna say you have all my trust michael bay !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

What always gets me about situations like this is the sense of entitlement!It's fine to have concerns. But certain crazy people think they can tell producers, writers, and directors to change their projects on a whim. A creative team has every right to stamp their own vision on any property as far as I'm concerned. And if the worst comes to the worst and it turns out crap... Well it's not the end of the world is it?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You assume they will arrive to earth as turtles right?
    They're not going to pull off another "Arrival to Earth" are they?