Thread: Summer 2013 Movies!

Default Summer 2013 Movies!

There is a poll at "comingsoon" about the most anticipated movie for summer 2013. Oh boy what a summer that will be. Let me just quote you some of them:

After Earth - M. Night Shyamalan's new Sci-Fi movie with Will Smith.
    Synopsis: Will and Jaden Smith are set to star as a father and son who crash-land on Earth one thousand years after mankind has abandoned the planet. The crash leaves the elder Smith badly injured, and it's up to the boy to find help in what is now a strange and dangerous place.

Fast & Furious 6 - Again from Justin Lin with Vin, Paul, The Rock and of course Michelle Rodriguez.

The Hangover III - From the writer of the second part.

Iron man 3 - Directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).

The Lone Ranger - Together again Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski.
    Synopsis: A thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

Man of Steel - Zack Snyder's view of Superman.

Oblivion - Sci-Fi movie directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron Legacy).
    Synopsis: In a future where the Earth's surface has been irradiated beyond recognition, the remnants of humanity live above the clouds, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. But when surface drone repairman Jak discovers a mysterious woman in a crash-landed pod, it sets off an unstoppable chain of events that will force him to question everything he knows.

Pacific Rim - Guillermo del Toro's new big budget Sci-Fi movie.
    Synopsis: A science fiction treatment by Travis Beacham which sees a future Earth defending itself from attacking creatures. The film takes place on two worlds. The first is an alternate version of Earth in the near future, decades after an historic date in November 2012 when the first kaiju, a towering Godzilla-like beast, emerged from a hole in the Pacific Ocean and attacked the city of Osaka, Japan. The second is ‘The Anteverse,’ another universe on the other side of that gaping portal, 5 miles below our ocean’s surface. And the human use huge battle droids to fight these creatures.

Robopocalypse - Steven Spielberg's new Sci-Fi movie.
    Synopsis: The film is based on Daniel H. Wilson's uncomfortably humorous survival guide "How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion." The book is an inspired and hilarious look at how humans can defeat the inevitable robot rebellion - as revealed by a robotics expert.
    How do you spot a robot mimicking a human? How do you recognize and then deactivate a rebel servant robot? How do you escape a murderous "smart" house, or evade a swarm of marauding robotic flies? In this dryly hilarious survival guide, Wilson teaches worried humans the keys to quashing a robot mutiny.

R.I.P.D. - Based on the Dark Horse mini-series, "R.I.P.D." (short for "Rest In Peace Department") is Peter Lenkov's comedic amalgam of the police and zombie genres featuring two dead police officers whose job it is to help the dead "rest in peace."

Star Trek - Again directed by J. J. Abrams with the same cast.

The Wolverine - Hugh Jackman is back. The synopsis sounds a little disturbing though.
    Synopsis: Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers and Silver Samurai.

Also there will be some animation movies (Despicable Me 2, Smurfs 2, Turbo, Monsters University).

For me the most anticipated movie is Pacific Rim, then Iron Man3, Man of Steel, Star Trek and Robopocalypse and Oblivion and.... damn they're too many. It'll be a busy summer.

What movie do you anticipate the most?

If you want you can check the poll results at http://www.comingsoon.net/

Default Re: Summer 2013 Movies!

Of that list the only one that jumps out at me is Star Trek. However with Robopocalypse being directed by Spielberg,chances are I will see that in the theater. The only other "must see" movie for me concerning 2013 actually comes out in Dec...The Hobbit: There and Back again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_in_film#2013

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

My top for 2013 is The Hobbit and Pain and Gain.

Not really keen on Man of Steel, I like Superman, but I think Zach Snyder is a rather poor director, haven't enjoyed any of his films and I don't like his style.

While I think Snyder is a decent director and enjoyed a few of his movies,I'm not sure he is the right choice to helm Superman with his style and massive CGI.

Plus I'm not really interested in another version of Kal-El vs. General Zod.

I'll see most of these, but Pacific Rim is probably #1 for me. Read about After Earth awhile back, also sounds interesting. Post apocalyptic movies just do it for me.

Today it was announced that Robocop will be released on August 9, 2013. So the summer list just got bigger.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Oh, I would also like to see Pixar's Monsters Univeristy

2013 will be pretty epic.

Most anticipated movies for me:

The Last Stand
    Gangster Squad
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
    A Good Way to Die Hard
    Elysium
    Carrie
    Jack the Giant Killer
    G. I. Joe: Retaliation
    Jurassic Park 3D
    Oblivion
    Evil Dead
    Iron Man 3
    Kick Ass 2
    Star Trek Into Darkness
    White House Down
    Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
    Fast & Furious 6
    Epic
    After Earth
    Man of Steel
    World War Z
    Independence Day 3D
    The Lone Ranger
    Rush
    Pacific Rim
    R.I.P.D.
    The Wolverine
    300: Rise of an Empire
    RoboCop
    The Tomb
    Star Wars: Episode 2 3D
    Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
    Star Wars: Episode 3 3D
    Thor: The Dark World
    The Seventh Son
    Ender's Game
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    47 Ronin
    Jack Ryan
    Walking with Dinosaurs

40 movies. I'm sure I'm missing something but this makes approximately 1 good movie per week. Not Bad!

I also want to see a lot of these, but Pacific Rim is nestled firmly at the top of my list. If I could buy my tickets now, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    There is a poll at "comingsoon" about the most anticipated movie for summer 2013. Oh boy what a summer that will be. Let me just quote you some of them:

After Earth - M. Night Shyamalan's new Sci-Fi movie with Will Smith.
    Synopsis: Will and Jaden Smith are set to star as a father and son who crash-land on Earth one thousand years after mankind has abandoned the planet. The crash leaves the elder Smith badly injured, and it's up to the boy to find help in what is now a strange and dangerous place.

Fast & Furious 6 - Again from Justin Lin with Vin, Paul, The Rock and of course Michelle Rodriguez.

The Hangover III - From the writer of the second part.

Iron man 3 - Directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).

The Lone Ranger - Together again Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski.
    Synopsis: A thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

Man of Steel - Zack Snyder's view of Superman.

Oblivion - Sci-Fi movie directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron Legacy).
    Synopsis: In a future where the Earth's surface has been irradiated beyond recognition, the remnants of humanity live above the clouds, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. But when surface drone repairman Jak discovers a mysterious woman in a crash-landed pod, it sets off an unstoppable chain of events that will force him to question everything he knows.

Pacific Rim - Guillermo del Toro's new big budget Sci-Fi movie.
    Synopsis: A science fiction treatment by Travis Beacham which sees a future Earth defending itself from attacking creatures. The film takes place on two worlds. The first is an alternate version of Earth in the near future, decades after an historic date in November 2012 when the first kaiju, a towering Godzilla-like beast, emerged from a hole in the Pacific Ocean and attacked the city of Osaka, Japan. The second is ‘The Anteverse,’ another universe on the other side of that gaping portal, 5 miles below our ocean’s surface. And the human use huge battle droids to fight these creatures.

Robopocalypse - Steven Spielberg's new Sci-Fi movie.
    Synopsis: The film is based on Daniel H. Wilson's uncomfortably humorous survival guide "How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion." The book is an inspired and hilarious look at how humans can defeat the inevitable robot rebellion - as revealed by a robotics expert.
    How do you spot a robot mimicking a human? How do you recognize and then deactivate a rebel servant robot? How do you escape a murderous "smart" house, or evade a swarm of marauding robotic flies? In this dryly hilarious survival guide, Wilson teaches worried humans the keys to quashing a robot mutiny.

R.I.P.D. - Based on the Dark Horse mini-series, "R.I.P.D." (short for "Rest In Peace Department") is Peter Lenkov's comedic amalgam of the police and zombie genres featuring two dead police officers whose job it is to help the dead "rest in peace."

Star Trek - Again directed by J. J. Abrams with the same cast.

The Wolverine - Hugh Jackman is back. The synopsis sounds a little disturbing though.
    Synopsis: Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers and Silver Samurai.

Also there will be some animation movies (Despicable Me 2, Smurfs 2, Turbo, Monsters University).

For me the most anticipated movie is Pacific Rim, then Iron Man3, Man of Steel, Star Trek and Robopocalypse and Oblivion and.... damn they're too many. It'll be a busy summer.

What movie do you anticipate the most?

If you want you can check the poll results at http://www.comingsoon.net/
    Sound nice especially Superman, i think Snyder is quite a unique director who gave us the kick-ass Dawn of the Dead remake and two excellent adaptations of graphic novels known as 300 and Watchmen, i think this could be the best film he did since that.

Yes,Pacific Rim is simply the most anticipated film of 2013!and hope it will be the highest grossing too!
    Most anticipated movies for me and the worldwide box office prediction :-

The Last Stand - US200M
    Gangster Squad - US150M
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - US200M
    A Good Way to Die Hard - US400M
    Elysium - US450M
    Carrie - US100M
    Jack the Giant Killer - US300M
    G. I. Joe: Retaliation - US400M
    Oblivion - US500M
    Evil Dead - US80M
    Iron Man 3 - US900M
    Kick Ass 2 - US180M
    Star Trek Into Darkness - US450M
    White House Down - US250M
    Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - US250M
    Fast & Furious 6 - US700M
    Epic - US700M
    After Earth - US600M
    Man of Steel - US800M
    World War Z - US350M
    The Lone Ranger - US300M
    Rush - US200M
    Pacific Rim - US1.2B
    R.I.P.D. - US250M
    The Wolverine - US350M
    300: Rise of an Empire - US350M
    RoboCop - US400M
    The Tomb - US250M
    Sin City: A Dame to Kill for - US150M
    Thor: The Dark World - US500M
    The Seventh Son - US450M
    Ender's Game - US400M
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - US1.1B
    47 Ronin - US250M
    Jack Ryan - US200M
    Walking with Dinosaurs - US150M

The predictions above is predict according to audiences preferable, the number came out should be like this...

2012 was the most successful year in Hollywood (box office wise). I'm sure 2013 will be even better.
    Here are 180 movies for your consideration during 2013. Kudos to Empire for the great compilation and effort:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/2013preview/

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Pacific Rim
    G.I. Joe Retaliation
    Fast & Furious 6
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    Man of Steel
    and others.