Thread: Halo 4

Banned

Default Halo 4

I'll never forget the first time I played Halo: Combat Evolved on the original Xbox console. I was working at Dick Smith Electronics at the time (equivalent to Fry's electronics for all the American S4TE members), the console and game arrived one morning with a huge custom built display stand from Microsoft, we set the console up and immediately loaded the demo games CD for all to see. Throughout the day I kept catching glimpses of an amazing looking FPS and hearing the eerie background music of Halo. It wasn't until the end of the day that all my team mates were finally allowed some alone time with the console.... the majority of my team and I left the site in the early hours of the morning.

I've followed the series with a passion... what's not to like about it? He's a 8ft tall genetically engineered super soldier in an ultra high tech battle suit with a super advanced AI sentient being assisting him. I bought the original Xbox console with Halo: Combat Evolved, Limited Edition Halo 2 game, Legendary Edition Halo 3 with the Limited Edition Halo Xbox 360 Console, Legendary Halo Reach and the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary edition games all on launch days (usually pre-ordering my console and/or games to make the most of exclusive offers). After all the work I do for my company, donating time, money and manpower to community volunteering programs, valuable family time and keeping the ladies happy, this is my one true joy. I probably feel the same way about Halo as most of you feel about Transformers. I've played (and done very well) in single and multi-player tournaments, collected some of the merchandise (a couple of figurines and T-Shirts) and kept up to date with all the latest news from Halo Way point via 343 Industries, Xbox live and Microsoft.

Several years have passed, the console has evolved and so has the Halo series. It's now one of the biggest and most profitable sectors of the Microsoft Corporation. It alone generates billions of dollars every year in games sales, merchandise, Xbox live memberships and more. That is the number one reason why Microsoft and 343 Industries are being very, very careful about the idea of a Halo movie. One bad director, producer, story line and movie could damage their multi-billion dollar baby. Peter Jackson was rumoured to have been offered the rights to the movie but they parted ways on creative differences, the only other people talented enough to handle a movie (trilogy) of this magnitude might be James Cameron or Ridley Scott. Sorry Bay fans, I do not hate Michael’s talented work but I personally do not think he has the expertise to handle this project.

The time has come for a new trilogy and a new console. Microsoft are not giving away very much about the new console but 343 Industries are slowly but surely drip feeding the eager masses with tantalising videos, pics and extra’s on Xbox live. I for one cannot wait to get my hands on the Legendary Edition Halo 4 and the new console!

Goodbye Battlefield and COD… game over!

2011 teaser trailer

2012 Halo 4: First look.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/games/halo4/Overview

Halo holds a special place in my heart too, but for a slightly different reason. I feel I was hoodwinked by Microsoft with Halo 2, and I never really got over it. Halo one was and still is one on my all time favorite games. Its the reason I bought an XBox in the first place (and it's the only reason the XBox didn't go the way of the Dreamcast). The gameplay and story were top notch. So fast forward to Halo 2. At E3 that year, we get the first trailer, leading everyone to believe the Master Chief would be doing battle on Earth. Not only was that not the case (I think there was ONE Earth mission), but we had to play as the Arbitor for half the game, which approximately .003% of Halo fans ever wanted to do. And lets not even talk about the ending. The original Halo will always be tops for me. Halo 4 does look great though.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: Halo 4

I love Halo too. I can also remember the first time I played Combat Evolved, which had me hooked. I do enjoy games such as Call of Duty but it doesn't have the same charm (if there is any) to what you get with Halo. Although it is short, Halo 3 is my favourite of the bunch, ODST at the bottom.

I also really enjoy watching Red vs. Blue!

Banned

Red VS Blue is hilarious! The new animated series looks really good as well.

I love the Halo live action trailers, gives me hope that the Halo movie will be worth waiting for.

Banned

The limited edition has been released but I'm waiting for the Legendary edition

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines...tin-51612.aspx

Did you read the article? It sounds like they're not doing one.

Banned

Yeah I read it but I'm hoping they listen to public demand and release a Limited Edition Legendary version like with Halo Reach.

I get where they're coming from by offering 2 editions - standard and Limited but I WANT LEGENDARY!! So then it can match my Legendary edition Halo 3 console, Halo 3 game, the Spartan helmet and the Reach statue I've followed Halo from the very moment i saw the demo playing on the 1st gen Xbox 360 console and have always purchased the top shelf editions.

I see where you're going, but I myself don't really mind. Hopefully they will listen for your case.

I do wish they were releasing a bonus disc with a Making-of though, to me that is the ultimate extra of Collectors editions. Halo 2 and 3 had one, Reach didn't, wish Halo 4 did though, would love to know more about creating the game and more about 343 taking over the series.

Banned

Looks badass!

Banned

Nerdgasm!