Thread: What they meant with Re-imagining?

Default What they meant with Re-imagining?

what you guys think the crew meant that TF4 is re-imagining of the franchise.

a popular theory is that by re-imagining they mean reboot, but Nelson said tf4 is not a reboot and if i remember Lorenzo (the producer of the franchise) said there still some continuty in tf4 (meaning it takes place in the same universe as the past films)

so what they mean with re-imagining since tf4 will be part of the same continuty

Default Re: What they meant with Re-imagining?

Im assuming they are going to take the route of focusing more on the robots, instead of making them a pretty background for the humans. its something that people have constantly been asking for, whether one of the TF filims was well liked or not. Hopefully, Transformers Prime's success plays some part in this reimagining, considering it focuses so much on the bots. I sure hope this is the case with the next film cuz its not like an "easier said than done" kind of thing, it the exact opposite. its a... just freaking do it, and you'll have an awesome movie thats actually about transformers. when they are on screen, thats when the movies are at their best. plus, im assuming less comedy. well, i mean, less "obnoxious and loud" comedy.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

It probably means RE-INVENTED.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

It means they plan on taking the focus away from Sam/Carly/Sams Parents/Simmons and shifting it on Mikeala and her Dad's autobody business along with Lennox/Epps returning as the military force.

So basically out with the old and in with the old.

With the rough plot being...

The remaining Decepticons plan on finding/capturing Mikeala, killing her dad forcing Sam/Carly out of hiding for the final 3rd of the film only for Mikeala to be killed off and Unicron being hinted at only to emerge in TF5. The film ends with Sam being guilted because of Mikeala's death and Sideswipe/Ratchet being killed by the emerging Seekers kickstarting a dark end to a new trilogy.

So essentially TF4 will be a true Revenge film and the Decepticons first Victory of sorts in the series.

To be fair I loved the second half of DOTM but I feel like the first half of the film was wasted trying to sell us on Sam/Carly rather than focusing on the main arc. All of that could have been salvaged had everyone involved not gotten dramatic. I still would have liked to see what Ehren Kruger had originally written for the first half of the movie had the Mikeala character still been there which he did write. Maybe one day the script will be leaked.

I just hope nothing close or around "beast wares" ...

Personally, I think transformers signature comes from G1 to headmasters and then jumping straight to this movies, everything else in between I consider it as fail (even the new PRIME series).

Quote Originally Posted by metsuke
    I just hope nothing close or around "beast wares" ...

Personally, I think transformers signature comes from G1 to headmasters and then jumping straight to this movies, everything else in between I consider it as fail (even the new PRIME series).
    Don't worry if Michael didn't like the Dinobots then he's not gonna like the predicons and the other group i think (Maximals i think?)
    And PRIME series are probably to young to get any story from.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

I think they are re-newing the franchise with a different feel to it, i think they are going with more serious tone i think, that way a death of a robot has more impact and so on, it makes everything stronger and more meaningful i think..

Maybe they read that comment on the other thread back then? I said something like "do it Saving Private Ryan style".. Of course i dont know if they read this, i'm just guessing.