Thread: Mass Effect The Movie!

Default Mass Effect The Movie!

I don't know how many of you have played the 2 parts of the Mass Effect game. For me it's one of the best Sci Fi games ever. It has a complex story with twists, huge diversity of alien species and alien worlds, great concepts and designs and of course loads of action. A few days ago the last trailer of the third and final game was released. It blew me away and it made me think that if someone managed to do a movie from this it'll be the greatest sci fi movie.

The movie should be very heavy on CGI and it'll cost not less than a $200 million. So I was happy when Legendary pictures were announced to helm this project. They know very well how to do big budget movies (they did the new Batman trilogy, Superman Returns, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, 300, Clash & Wrath of the Titans etc.). The writer of the movie is Mark Protosevich (I'm Legend, Thor, Jurassic Park 4) so I'm very happy with it. After some misunderstandings it was announced that the movie will be based on the first part of the game. This is indeed good news, because all other movies based on games fail because they try to do a new story. And the movie really can take the advantage on the fact that all the characters and designs are already developed so not much of an RND.
    The thing that bothers me is that first the movie was supposed to come in 2012 but obviously it's too late for this. I hope the project is still on. The last news about this were from 4 months ago so there is still hope.

http://screenrant.com/mass-effect-mo...ry-rob-140975/

Default Re: Mass Effect The Movie!

I knew there were fans here!!! We just wait 'till Tuesday!!

Now, I think the onloy way a ME movie could work is: If it was entirely CGI.
    Think about it: It would look fantastic!!! Just watch the CGI trailer of ME3. The same voice actors could play the characters. And we already have Clint Mansell to score the films!!

As for the director, there's only one person who can have several great and different characters and he makes you love and care for every single one: Christopher Nolan.

A live action movie will be really hard to do but not impossible. They did a pretty good job with this TV Spot:

Everything depends if they manage to find the money. Legendary could definitely pull this off. Some of their upcoming films are Jack the Giant Killer, 300: Battle of ArtemIsia, The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel and Pacific Rim. And they always had a good collaboration with Zack Snyder. So why not.

I don't think Snyder's up for the job. He's good, but I don't know, Watchmen was effing awesome!!!
    Also, I need to add: To score the film, they need everyone of ME3. Just listen to the soundtrack over at YouTube!!

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I knew there were fans here!!! We just wait 'till Tuesday!!

Now, I think the onloy way a ME movie could work is: If it was entirely CGI.
    Think about it: It would look fantastic!!! Just watch the CGI trailer of ME3. The same voice actors could play the characters. And we already have Clint Mansell to score the films!!

As for the director, there's only one person who can have several great and different characters and he makes you love and care for every single one: Christopher Nolan.
    Whaa... ? The only character movie of Nolan that I have seen that has good characters in The Dark Knight...

I dont think Nolan can handle such a hardcore sci-fi movie. Ridley Scott or James Cameron would be the obvious choices.

Still no word for the live action movie, but have a look at an upcoming Japanese anime.

It's good to know that the project is still alive.

A new screenwriter has boarded Legendary Pictures' upcoming adaptation of the video game Mass Effect. Variety is reporting that newcomer Morgan Davis Foehl will take over the project, rewriting a draft by Mark Protosevich.

Electronic Arts and Bioware's popular video game series takes place in the year 2183 and follows Commander Shepard of the SS Normandy who leads a team on a mission to defeat an ancient alien race that invades the galaxy every 50,000 years, wiping out all organic life.
    They'll need a hell of a cast to fill in these:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96361