Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Thumbs up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: A Michael Bay Film

WOW !

Michael are you there ? can you here me ? you must do this after transformers.
    can' t wait to see michael's input in this...
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

megan fox has sayd shes a huge ninja turtle fan, i think she will be perfet for the part of April O'Niel thats if she is speaking to bay anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO2THEREVENGE View Post
    megan fox has sayd shes a huge ninja turtle fan, i think she will be perfet for the part of April O'Niel thats if she is speaking to bay anymore.
    :rolls eyes: She only said that so nerds would like her. And ANYWAY, dude! The one true April O'Neil appeared in NoES! Why don't they just get her?!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    :rolls eyes: She only said that so nerds would like her. And ANYWAY, dude! The one true April O'Neil appeared in NoES! Why don't they just get her?!

Ehn, I kinda take back the whole "one true" aspect. I like Paige too but, but, but... she's not a redhead! : )
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    whats noes?

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    whats noes?
    A Nightmare on Elm Street

I honestly don't know what to think of this. I like Bay's films and all, but TMNT? What is this gonna be mega huge sewer gas explosions and gun-toting Foot Soldiers? Shredder's gonna bring down buildings?

If this franchise is gonna be rebooted it better be done well. I LOVE TMNT and I don't want to see it get F*CKED UP if it's not going to be faithful to the original materials.

Please, Bay.... be careful......

^ It'll be fine! It's not going to be the same, obviously, but if it's a good movie that's true to the franchise and gets another generation involved, like TF, only good can come of it.

Source
    "to punish and enslave"

I just heard about this on a TMNT tribute site. TMNT are my favorite characters of all time, specifically Raphael. But damn, one of my favorite directors having a something to do with my favorite heroes in a half shell. Sh!t, life sometimes can't get any better. I wonder what this new movie is going to be like. At first, they were talking about bringing back the suits like the first movies, but after the CGI film, I cant help but think the suits limit the range of motion. With MB name attached, perhaps the movie will get the budget to incorporate CGI and live action.

Hey, MB, if you read this, U think U can try and get Ray Parker to have a part in the movie. He's fantastic swordsman, be nice to see him in a TMNT movie wielding a Katana.

If Platinum Dunes makes it be sure Mike is not directing.

Do we really need a reboot? The first Turtle film is the best of the bunch; does it really need to be remade? As for TMNT, the CGI film, it wasn't half bad, could have been better, but still good. Turtle films #2 and #3 sucked. I recommend a continuation of the existing films but going back to the roots by making it darker with lots of comedic scenes between the turtles...Bay is a pro at combining action with comedy. Mr. Bay, please direct the new turtle movie. Thanks.

Hey Mike, they tried to do a continuation with TMNT, but it didn't do so well. So, since the success of Batman's reboot, many popular franchises are going for that, and the Turtles are of no exception. Word is, they are leaning more towards the comics. I do agree though, that they should just pretend 2 and 3 (2 wasn't that bad, just badly watered down since the huge backlash the first movie got from soccer moms) never existed, and start off with the City at War arc. Karai can be such a strong character if done right.

The first movie of TMNT was great! the second was good, but the 3th one wasn't great at all. The CGI....wasn't the best either. i'd missed the jokes and stuff. It wasn't like the first movie.

If Mr. Bay will direct a new TMNT movie, i hope it will be some live action and some CGI like TF. But of course better made CGI turtles

tell me this isnt joke i would like to see his interpertaiont on the turtles should be intersting he should have the original cast that did the voices in first 3 live action films

It's funny, Michael did work with the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's April, Judith Hoag. If you remember her, she was the bitchy mom in Armageddon that wouldn't let the dad see his kid until she saw him all famous as one of the astronaut's on TV.

Warhorse, what continuation did they do with TMNT? Was there a low budget feature film I'm not aware of or are you referring to the TV show? BTW, Karai would be the most ideal character to do a new movie with. I would love to see her as the antagonist. Now that she has been introduced to the mass public through TMNT and the TV show, people will know who she is and thus it will be easier for people to accept her. One concern that I have is if they use shredder again as the main villain, then it will become the same old turtles. Similar to what has happen to the Superman franchise; Lex Luthor is an awesome villain but people got tired of seeing him on every Superman film, it became very repetitive...every movie was Lex Luthor having some new scheme to bring down Superman (Boring! ...and I'm a huge Superman fan).

Sounds awesome man, i can't wait. I grew up with the Turtles since i was a boy in the 80's and watched the movies as well in the theaters, the first was a great cult classic and saw it three times in a theater that year in 1990.

I dunno about Fright Night being remade, i think it's already a perfect vampire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey View Post
    Warhorse, what continuation did they do with TMNT? Was there a low budget feature film I'm not aware of or are you referring to the TV show? BTW, Karai would be the most ideal character to do a new movie with. I would love to see her as the antagonist. Now that she has been introduced to the mass public through TMNT and the TV show, people will know who she is and thus it will be easier for people to accept her. One concern that I have is if they use shredder again as the main villain, then it will become the same old turtles. Similar to what has happen to the Superman franchise; Lex Luthor is an awesome villain but people got tired of seeing him on every Superman film, it became very repetitive...every movie was Lex Luthor having some new scheme to bring down Superman (Boring! ...and I'm a huge Superman fan).
    Not if you can come up with something new and different. Like for example: The Turtles should actually fight and defeat Shredder all by themselves. The way Shredder was defeated in the original movies were short and very ridiculous. I want the new movie have a more fight scenes, and a really awesome fight sequence between the Turtles and Shredder. And maybe a Raph and/or Leo vs. Shredder as the last battle scene. That would be really nice to see, and maybe Michelangelo and Donatello can take on Karai.

yay-ya!! cant wait!!
    "im the attention whore that will knock your robot fuckin teeth in if you talk shit." - just lil ole me

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    If Platinum Dunes makes it be sure Mike is not directing.
    Really?! I would like to see Michael Bay direct the next turtle film. Doing this film can have so many possibilities and it would allow MB to expand to areas he hasn't really worked with. I hope he makes this movie.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey View Post
    Doing this film can have so many possibilities and it would allow MB to expand to areas he hasn't really worked with. I hope he makes this movie.

It's a Platinum Dunes production and Michael will produce the movie. As a director, he's just too busy these days - now he's working on "Transformers 3" and after that it's "Pain & Gain" and, hopefully, "Bad Boys 3".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

As a TMNT fan since practically birth, I was HIGHLY excited to hear about this movie back in January of 09' when Mirage Publishing was in the works of making this movie. (How far they got I have no idea.) I believe they did get as far as writing the movie.

Unfortunately Mirage sold their rights to Nickelodeon back in October of 09'. My theory is that they didn't have the money to put into the film the way they wanted and had to sell to save themselves.

Their plan the whole time was to do a reboot derived from the comics, as the demand for that is so high. I've read tidbits of information from Peter Laird (1 of the creators) and he wanted to do it dark and serious much like the books.

Now that it is out of their hands I feel its just going to be another version of the first movie.

Either way I just hope this movie is an actual reboot based off the roots of the Turtles. By roots I mean the original comic books, not the cartoon nor the 1st movie.

Don't get me wrong the 1st movie was really good, but stepped too far away from... "the roots" of the Turtles. Of course Movie execs don't really care for pleasing the die hard fans who want an Origin tale made, but more for what will get the kids into this movie. (for example - Transformers)

Sometimes they don't realize its not the kids that will make this big... its the people who are grown and have the money to spend on what they already love. Kids don't know any better, and they will eat up anything that gets tossed their way. So why not aim to please those who already have that passion for it?

I know there can be a solution to please both demographics. PG-13 movie is a must! TMNT was a book with beat-em-up , slash-n-cut , F-U up style fighting with a serious undertone to it, not the constant corny slap stick comedy you saw in the first movie.

Obviously the corny slap stick can work real well with children (as it did with me in the day) but the Turtles have their own individual personalities, and Michaelangelo's seem to be placed on ALL of them.

I just hope that there is more of a seriousness to this next film, and not so much an outlandish theme. I realize their turtles, but there is a way to make them real to life much like what was done with Batman and Spiderman reboots.

For anyone that wants to know what I mean, check out on you tube "Turtles Forever". In this hour long made for TV movie, they place all "types" of TMNT throughout the years in this cartoon. In the last 5-10 minutes you see the comic version of the Turtles. There is no way, anyone out there thats a fan of the turtles kid or (now) adult can't think that thatis variation of the Turtles is not Bad ASS.

THEY WERE ACTUAL NINJAS! Imagine that! and they still had their jokes and pizza too!

Point is of this long rant is I just want it to be based more off the comic books than any other retelling of their story. For those who don't know the books, they are HIGHLY entertaining and feature great artwork (cover wise that is, the insides are simple B&W) .

Despite getting what I want, I know I will still go see it. I'm just hoping for the best.

Anyone agree?

I can believe this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I can believe this will work.
    I do too... with the help of the likes of Quintin Tarintino. No offense to Bay what so ever, but for what this story is about I personally think Tarintino's style fits all aspects of these books. Right?!?!?! Not to say Bay can't make this his own and produce a great blockbuster, this just seems like something up Tarintino's alley.

I have high hopes; high hopes usually get shattered. BUUUUT... I'm sure I will enjoy this movie as long as nothing gets added to the story that shouldn't be there.

I'm just giving my perspective about the film, which means jack shit to most, but I'm sure someone out there understands what I'm saying.

I wish we could get more information about this movie.