Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sequal or Reboot?

Default Sequal or Reboot?

I am a little confuse hear is this going to be a sequal or a reboot, because back when they were talking about it, Don Murphy said it will not be a Reboot or a prequal it will start up a new trilogy. Michael Bay or Nelson can you clear this up.

http://screenrant.com/transformers-4...gy-rob-122652/

Default Re: Sequal or Reboot?

Sequel. Same Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and other Autobots, new adventures. (Think Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)

From what I heard so far it'll be a mixture of both. It'll be a sequel to the existing trilogy (several of the major characters will be back) and it'll have some new elements never used before (as they call it re-imagining). So I won't be surprised if it takes place in a different timeline.

requoot

Alphen Aan De Rijn, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    requoot
    Lol!Requal!

Just a re-imagining...so a bit of both?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

well, new villains, a completely different human cast, supposedly more focus on the transformers (stated by someone from paramount i do not know). so it will be very different, but i like that the series could not have afforded making the fourth like the previous 3, it would have started to feel very redundant and boring. i cant wait to see what they come up with and i trust them 100%!!!
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

It's not a re-boot. It's a re-imagination= Transformers from a different point of view & concept.

A reboot that is staged completely on Cybertron before they came to Earth. I don't freaking care, I just want more!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    It's not a re-boot. It's a re-imagination= Transformers from a different point of view & concept.
    YES!!!!!! I'm really glad it's not a reboot. Thanks, Nelson for clearing that up. Cause it wouldnt make sense if it was a reboot. I dont think Michael or any director for that matter would like to Reboot years of work and story creating...However, I'm not quite sure what it means to have a new "Concept," or "Point of View," because it's not like a book or a story when you see the story in one character's eyes and then in the next book, a different character narrates the story... Also, I hope it's not a prequel...I want it to take place after the third. I also hope it's not placed too far in the future, because I always find those movies unlikeable because you don't really know what it's going to be like too far ahead...Anyone agree? Sorry for rambling :/ I wish this movie was coming out sooner!!!
    I Fight Giant Robots

Di Bonaventura insisted that the fourth film will not be a hard reboot, but an "evolution."

Ok i'm reaalllly going to sleep now :P In about 5 min. :P all this excitement XD
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

That's exactly what i would like to hear.

Sequel. Same Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and other Autobots, new adventures. (Think Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)
    That's more or less the same i would like to say. Please, don't make T4 a origin story like the new Spider-man. Please, don't bring Megatron back. we have had enough.

I'm still confused.
    Isn't re-boot and "re-imagination" the same thing?
    Will this film have anything to do with the previous 3?
    Will the Transformers still have the same CG models or are they going to completely change the way the transformers look (i.e. more G1-esque)?
    Will it be a "re-imagination" like Pirates of the Caribbean 4 or something like "The Amazing Spider-Man"?

War of the worlds, style ?

that would be cool,
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

So it's going to be a follow up after 3 right?

I think it is a sort of re-thinking, since Shia is not arround.

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Way too soon for a 100% reboot in my opinion. Think of the immense work they put into perfecting the animations, models, and style of the movie. I doubt they'd want to say "scrap it all, lets start over"

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

soo...is this take place in the same world that occurred in the other three? like, did the three already happen in the world of tf4???? could u please answer that! thats all i wanna know. cause re imagination sorta sounds like its re shaping what happened!?!? :head
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    soo...is this take place in the same world that occurred in the other three? like, did the three already happen in the world of tf4???? could u please answer that! thats all i wanna know. cause re imagination sorta sounds like its re shaping what happened!?!? :head
    It's safe to assume the world will be the same, but the Sam story arc is finally completed and it will go into a new direction. Could be 10 years later or something, anything. Either way, a fresh start.
    "Keep laughing. As long as you're laughing you still have hope." ~ Moe Howard

But what does that mean, exactly? Will it be a continuation of the first three movies, albeit with a new cast of human characters? (Sort of an overhaul of the franchise without necessarily starting over from scratch, like the upcoming G.I. JOE: RETALIATION).

The future? can we say Spike or Beast Wars

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    (Sort of an overhaul of the franchise without necessarily starting over from scratch, like the upcoming G.I. JOE: RETALIATION).
    Does that mean a bunch of characters that survived DOTM are going to be killed off at the start of TF4? Seems similar to what happened in the G1 movie.

Meh, I wouldn't mind if that happened as long as the reason all those characters died is important to the film's plot.

So is there any truth to them doing tf 4 and 5 back to back ?
    Autobots Transform and Roll Out !! - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Does that mean a bunch of characters that survived DOTM are going to be killed off at the start of TF4? Seems similar to what happened in the G1 movie.
    Maybe, except this time I hope Optimus Prime isn't among the dead. REVENGE OF THE FALLEN already spent that nickel. There's nothing more depressing than having a whole movie go through the trouble of resurrecting a beloved character, only to kill him off all over again. Imagine if Spock had died during the first ten minutes of STAR TREK IV. :lame

Unfortunately, a lot of sites/bloggers are reporting TF4 as a re-boot, and calling Bay's decision to re-boot the TF franchise the end of the world. Sigh. They will never learn.