Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Scenes/Settings for TF4

Default Battle Scenes/Settings for TF4

So in TF 2007, we had the desert battle with Skorponok as well as the final battle in Mission City. ROTF had the forest battle and the final battle in Egypt. DOTM had the highway chase and final battle in Chicago. What would you like in TF4? I would really enjoy seeing an aerial fight, I don't know who the bots/cons would be in that battle but an action scene in the sky or even in space would be awesome. Also, where do you think the final battle should be? I'm kind of tired of the urban type setting where it's just an open city that the robots get to "play" around in although more chase scenes like the one in DOTM would be nice. What are your ideas?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: Battle Scenes/Settings for TF4

Definitely an aerial fight. A fight in the rain would look cool (but the robots would be hell to render), and as stated since DOTM's inception, a snow battle (perhaps for the climax). The first film was going to have a battle in the Grand Canyon instead of Mission City, having a rocky battle like that would also be cool.

If the story is right, perhaps also a space battle (on the moon perhaps).

No more city battles, the battle of Chicago was the city battle to end all city battles (all though I wouldn't mind having a night time city battle, on a larger scale than the Shanghai battle from ROTF).

A snow battle is on the top of my list.

I've got three in mind...

Mountains, wilderness, vast taiga landscape. Specifically, anything in Alaska or Canada. Bonus points if it snows.

Also, a rainforest would be pretty cool. With rain and mud. ILM could pull it off.

Underwater, yes, we've seen Decepticons underwater, but we have yet to see a fight underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    IMountains, wilderness, vast taiga landscape. Specifically, anything in Alaska or Canada.
    Or New Zealand!

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Or New Zealand!
    So does that mean the new villain in this movie is Sauron?

And while we're talking about islands with a beautiful landscapes, I'm gonna throw in Iceland. I crave sub-Arctic biomes with epic geothermal activity.

Just. Look. At. That. Amazing. Landscape.

I thought that the landscape of Africa in DOTM was really cool and it would be interesting if there was some sort of battle there but it might be a bit too similar to the battle in Egypt...since it is in Africa.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

An aerial battle between Seekers and Aerialbots. Can you imagine the mid-air transformations?

Not to mention Seekers can open their own space bridges. The Fallen managed to "fly" by teleporting, which would also look great high up in the air if done mulitple times to give the Decepticons an advantage and to confuse the Autobots.

Would love to see a battle scene at the next locations:

- Waterloo monument (Belgium)
    - Rain Forrest where giant trees get cut down capturing that making it look like some Transformers causing that damage there.. Yes it is sad at the same time for animals but not for trees.
    - Fighting up a giant skyscrapper or monument.. a bit like King Kong except its not but with two or more robots..
    - more to come...
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Yeah right, Brazil is already cutting down to many trees. And you want to cut down some more. Bad Idea.

Battle settings, in a nearby location so I can watch. South of Netherlands.

Otherwise I do not mind really but I do agree we had enough city battles although they are cool (with TF1 city battle being best).

Quote Originally Posted by horizon
    Yeah right, Brazil is already cutting down to many trees. And you want to cut down some more. Bad Idea.

Battle settings, in a nearby location so I can watch. South of Netherlands.

Otherwise I do not mind really but I do agree we had enough city battles although they are cool (with TF1 city battle being best).
    You ever been to Waterloo?
    Its a big selfmade hill with a giant statue on it of lion facing towards France from the time Napoleon fell.
    Maybe a TF could transform into the lion after scanning it? Who knows..

And you dont cut trees for the production of a movie, you use the trees that are already going to be cut down.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

- Snow battle
    - Air battle

- No more city battles

As said before, an aerial battle is a must with the Aerialbots. Like we saw in TF1 when Starscream flew in Mission City and transformed in mid air, took down couple of planes and then transformed back to a plane. More stuff like that but way bigger and massive. Then I would wanna see a battle in a snowy place, like Alaska. Then a battle in rain like in Matrix Revolutions. Just so that the men and women at ILM would push the envelope and take the effects to a whole new level and just blow peoples minds away. Then the whole story must be good and no more stuff like "How the hell did Bee and Co. suddenly get caught in the final battle" in DOTM.

Why not Japan, where the Transformers got their birthplace?

Or near the Bermuda Triangle, which really is a portal to other worlds, and the Transformers are fighting over who gets to keep the gateway key.

Pacific Rim?
    That new sea battle movie from Hasbro

Space. Dude, Space.

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Pacific Rim?
    That new sea battle movie from Hasbro
    I guess you mean Battleship. Pacific Rim is about humans driving huge robots and fighting an alien race.

Definitely we need some naval and aerial robots in TF4.

I'd like to see a dramatic brawl in the rain. Like Matrix Revolutions, but with Transformers.

Other than that, a much longer car chase/battle scene, an aerial dogfight, and of course... SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

I've been at Waterloo, the town there is 3x nothing but it's a lot of history gone to waste.. have you visited WWII places? most of it gets neglected.. all empty and open without locks on them, alcohol bottles everywhere, cigarette buds, and graffiti everywhere.. nice hu..? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I've been at Waterloo, the town there is 3x nothing but it's a lot of history gone to waste.. have you visited WWII places? most of it gets neglected.. all empty and open without locks on them, alcohol bottles everywhere, cigarette buds, and graffiti everywhere.. nice hu..? -_-
    That were pretty close to how Bay and the cast described Detroit when shooting DOTM.

I think a really gritty location would work better with dialogue scenes than action scenes, but thats just me, either way it would look awesome.

Why are you guys against city battles? We live in them.. where else would humans live?

Maybe you guys mean that Michael needs to tone down the bigness of these buildings, the Sky Scraper scenes? Is that what you guys mean maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness
    That were pretty close to how Bay and the cast described Detroit when shooting DOTM.

I think a really gritty location would work better with dialogue scenes than action scenes, but thats just me, either way it would look awesome.
    Yeah right?! Thats what i mean. it doesnt all have to look photoshopped perfect it can be rough around the edges with history behind it yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Why are you guys against city battles? We live in them.. where else would humans live?

Maybe you guys mean that Michael needs to tone down the bigness of these buildings, the Sky Scraper scenes? Is that what you guys mean maybe??
    It's because it will become too repetitive. I would like to see TFs make use of different environments in battles rather than just destroying a city. ROTF battles were awesome...not saying that DOTM ones weren't but it would be a nice transition

The good thing about city battles though is that they help provide a sense of scale. A city is something we're very familiar with, so when a robot stands next to a building, you knew how tall that robot was. It's also an environment they can blend in very well, CGI-wise. When they're in a one color setting like a desert for example, they stick out like a sore thumb. They can come across as fake looking. (Though advances in VFX technology could probably fix that today)

That said, I'm all for a totally new kind of location for the third act, but that doesn't mean it can't be a populated area.