Thread: New article about Transformers 4

Default New article about Transformers 4

Paramount Pictures recently announced that a fourth Transformers film will hit theaters June 2014, with Michael Bay returning to direct. Now, Badass Digest claims that a source close to the production of the sequel has revealed some interesting tidbits concerning the film. Despite being called a 're-imagining' when it was first announced, the source says that it will be a direct sequel to Dark Of The Moon but will not be shown through Sam Witwicky's point of view. It's also unknown which of the human characters (if any) will return.

The source also dropped some info that should please those who didn't like Michael Bay's prior Transformers films. It appears that the director is keen on cutting back on the crude humor that has been featured in the previous films, and will make it more action-packed. "Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon]," the source told Badass Digest.

Based on the above info, it's possible that Transformers 4 could very well have the story centered on the robots completely (they have been mostly the backdrop in the previous movies, and focused more on Witwicky). : rol

I read that on comicbookmovie.com

Default Re: New article about Transformers 4

Quote Originally Posted by jianozi View Post
    "Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon],"
    That right there says it all and very exciting to hear if true. Even some friends of mine who hated the first Transformers movies and Sam being the focus all said they loved the Dark of the Moon once it reached the Chicago warzone for the last hour. We need to let the robots take over the screen, thats what people are paying to see.

Damn is it 2014 yet?
    "Keep laughing. As long as you're laughing you still have hope." ~ Moe Howard

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Maybe when he means "the last hour of DOTM" he means he wants the whole of TF4 to be in a post-war battle setting...

This article really makes sense. After Michael made the official announcement about TF4 I had the impression that this time indeed it'll be his last TF movie. For me it sounded more like "I really had enough of these movies for the last 7 years but I'll do the next TF movie because Paramount is giving me space to finally do my passion project P&G, then I'm gone". So I'm guessing hat TF4 won't be a regular TF movie but more like "what fans wants". More like a continuation of DOTM. Then TF5 and TF6 will be completely different, directed by somebody else and I won't be surprised if they shoot them back to back as was the first plan for TF4 & TF5. Mark my words.

By the way here is the whole article. You decide if it's legit:

http://badassdigest.com/2012/02/15/i...ion-less-jokes

I like most of what they're planning for TF4...especially the idea of 'less goofy stuff'...though I'll believe it when I see it.
    While I would love to see 2.5 hours of 'Chicago batttle' in the next movie, I really hope they bring back the military guys (Duhamel and Gibson), since they go with that theme.
    Autobots!
    Transform and...make a BILLION DOLLARS!

Eghh, i dont know how i feel about it being even more action than what the others were. i mean, is that really what the movies need to aim for? youd think thatd be the last thing they needed, cuz all of those films each already boast having long ass fight scenes for the finale, and not to mention the various fighting throughtout. What happend to more character focus?
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Out View Post
    While I would love to see 2.5 hours of 'Chicago batttle' in the next movie, I really hope they bring back the military guys (Duhamel and Gibson), since they go with that theme.
    Just imagine Roger Ebert's review! :lmao

I see now that the Collider interpretation of this article is very interesting:

The movie will be a true sequel and follow the events of Transformers: Dark of the Moon but the “reboot” aspect comes from changing the point-of-view from Sam Witwicky to the Transformers.
    So the story will be told from the Transformers point of view. Sounds great.

http://collider.com/transformers-4-c...urning/146121/

That's fantastic news! But wouldn't that put more stress on the CG artists? It might help if they film the robots using Motion Capture wouldn't it?

Now is the perfect time for mr. Bay to cut back on the humans and the crude humor, because transformers has made a name for itself outside of the toyline/canon and can now probably get away with a all robot story and still rake in a billion

BUT BRING MEGATRON, STARSCREAM AND SOUNDWAVE BACK AND GIVE THEM LARGER ROLES!!!!

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by TehFPG View Post
    Now is the perfect time for mr. Bay to cut back on the humans and the crude humor, because transformers has made a name for itself outside of the toyline/canon and can now probably get away with a all robot story and still rake in a billion

1. I see a lot of comments about the humor, so I'll try to make this clear.

There's always humor in Michael's films. It's been like that since 1995. And there will be humor in "Transformers 4". That's for sure. It's one of the main reasons why this franchise is so successful not only in the US, but all over the world. These films don't take themselves too seriously and as Michael said, "The humor makes them accessible".

2. About the humans in these films.

We have to keep in mind that the "Transformers" films are made for the general audience. And if you cut back or remove the "human element" you'll lose a big chunk of that audience. And no one wants that. Speaking for myself, as an audience member who's not a old-school "Transformers" fan, I don't want to see a fourth TF movie populated only by robots. I'll never watch that. There's been a great balance between robots and humans in the past three films and it should stay that way.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

[QUOTEWe have to keep in mind that the "Transformers" films are made for the general audience. And if you cut back or remove the "human element" you'll lose a big chunk of that audience. And no one wants that. Speaking for myself, as an audience member who's not a old-school "Transformers" fan, I don't want to see a fourth TF movie populated only by robots. I'll never watch that. There's been a great balance between robots and humans in the past three films and it should stay that way.[/QUOTE]

Its not that people dont want humans at all, which obviously you do cuz you need something to compare the bots to for size, or else wat would be the fun of giant robots. but, in my eyes, only the first film succeeded in making a perfect balance of human and transformers. the first half of the film showed a good deal of decepticon activity and how the military were experiencing this, and of course you had sam figuring out whats up with his car. once the autobots showed up, sam and the autobots were in it together, and everybody got great amounts of screen time, both bot and human, talking amongst each other and what not. You felt a great friendship form.

In RoTF, there was alot of communication between humans and the bots, but it was bots of the wrong sort. Wheelie, the Twins, and Jetfire took up all the robot talking time with the humans, the most annoying characters of all. this left the well developed Tfs in the dust, MIA for the audience. And when they were present, we didnt hear them speak, learn the new bots' names, or even see them really transform.

In DOTM, the right bots got the right amount of screen time, but yet it felt very divided between them and the humans. Humans did their thing, and bots did their, with humans taking up the most screen time. There wasnt really any communication among them. if there was, 90% of it was incredibly quick answers or responses, nothing very deep and exciting. Not to mention, the final fight fell upon the humans, much like we saw in RoTF, with the autobots nowhere to be found, until Optimus arrives to kill all the major villains in the blink of an eye. So, id say there definately is something to fix here. the balance needs to at least turn back into how it was in the first film, but the bots do deserve more screen time than usual.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post

There's always humor in Michael's films. It's been like that since 1995. And there will be humor in "Transformers 4". That's for sure. It's one of the main reasons why this franchise is so successful not only in the US, but all over the world. These films don't take themselves too seriously and as Michael said, "The humor makes them accessible".

We have to keep in mind that the "Transformers" films are made for the general audience. And if you cut back or remove the "human element" you'll lose a big chunk of that audience. And no one wants that. Speaking for myself, as an audience member who's not a old-school "Transformers" fan, I don't want to see a fourth TF movie populated only by robots. I'll never watch that. There's been a great balance between robots and humans in the past three films and it should stay that way.
    Complete agree with #2. 100%
    I Fight Giant Robots

Yeah, humans is what draw most people to the movies. It appeals to more then just the robot fans.

However, I would like more robot vs robot action instead of silver robot vs american army in a new movie.

I agree 100% the interaction between robots and humans are always the best parts of the movie wether they be running from them, being shot down, or touched emotionally by the bond between the robots and humans for us non G1 die hard TF fan and that robots themselves are unique and very well but together having special hardcore abilities to dominate the human race is a very cool extra to have and see in these movies
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

The more creative their way of weapons and usage of these weapons they have and how they destroy things and showing that brute force behind every destructive move they make the more awesome it will be to see, i thing games are the perfect enviorment for Michael to get inspiration from take a look at Battlefield 3 for instance.. In this game we create the most awesome approuches towards our enemies to flank them or whatever and this is from both sides, both sides need to be creative in order to win the match.. And i have been in quite a few very freakin awesome film like moments which keeps drawing me back to play this game over and over.
    If that Dino mode or Transformers mode comes to Battlefield 3 then creativity Will be at its highest peek, thats the moment YOU Michael Bay should go to EA servers and ask them if you could watch the screen of the best players in the game it Will be à goldmine for you i tell ya!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Inventive killing and destruction was born in games Michael.

Sorry was to late to add in my previous post, working on iPhone.

That last post looks pretty bad lol :P but you know what i mean right ;p

Quote Originally Posted by jianozi View Post
    It appears that the director is keen on cutting back on the crude humor that has been featured in the previous films, and will make it more action-packed. "Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon]," the source told Badass Digest.
    Alright, this part right here just isn't convincing since the humor has been mostly negatively received by some fans in the past three films.
    I've heard this news before so I'm only going to believe it when I watch it for myself.

My theory is that TF's has made enough money to make a movie with a lot of robot exposure. It's rather obvious that the main stars of the movies have always been the robots themselves but they're so damn expensive to keep on screen.

One of my favorite scenes from the TF movies is when megatron is resurrected from the bottom of the ocean. If we would have a lot of robot exposure in this scene I'm positive it would have been really nice to watch.

Best thread title ever.

So, wow, already sources know stuff, huh, well, buzz always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post

did you actually read my post? I said that Transformers has made a name of itself to the general audience, enough so that people will watch a more TF focused story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    Alright, this part right here just isn't convincing since the humor has been mostly negatively received by some fans in the past three films.
    I've heard this news before so I'm only going to believe it when I watch it for myself.

My theory is that TF's has made enough money to make a movie with a lot of robot exposure. It's rather obvious that the main stars of the movies have always been the robots themselves but they're so damn expensive to keep on screen.

One of my favorite scenes from the TF movies is when megatron is resurrected from the bottom of the ocean. If we would have a lot of robot exposure in this scene I'm positive it would have been really nice to watch.
    exactly what I mean, the "general" audience now prefers the TFs, plus its not like someone would not watch a movie saying "ooh there are no humans in it" seriously everybody likes the transformers in transformers. not exactly rocket science to figure out.

I could love pure robots... I use to skip the human scenes in my movie collection to watch just robot actions, except Simmons and Bruce Brazos (Sam's boss) ... those guys are hilarious.

Thumbs up if you like just Robots actions :borat