Thread: "Marching up the Hill Music" What sort of music does Michael Bay listen to?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Question "Marching up the Hill Music" What sort of music does Michael Bay listen to?

After watching the DOTM making-of, I was thinking about Shia Labeouf's statement about Mr. Bay's ipod. So I was wondering if Nelson or perhaps Mr. Bay himself wouldn't mind sharing what sort of music he listens to.

I am a music fan and wouldn't mind hearing something new, especially if it's what my favourite filmmaker listens to.
    "Marching up the Hill" sounds like it would be something I would like (I'm sorry Mr. Bay if you don't like that quote, I don't want to offend you if it does). It would be cool if it just happens to be the exact same music I listen to.

Default Re: "Marching up the Hill Music" What sort of music does Michael Bay listen to?

I think you can hear Michael's good taste in music back in his movies.. (i think.)

But if i were Michael i would not post anything here due to this:

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2003/06/18/nr_personality/

With all the Bay haters out there it's best for him to say nothing about his personal taste in music.. and i think most people love all sorts of varieties of music genre's if you let yourself open to new stuff..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: "Marching up the Hill Music" What sort of music does Michael Bay listen to?

Cool, thanks for the article Flyingheart.

Your welcome bro, and i'm guessing this is also why the FAQ list on the main site is incomplete and if asked wont be answered.
    Not only Michael does this, the whole world does this.. this is why people keep saying that the more you share on Facebook and Twitter "The more THEY know" about you and who you are.. what you share is who you are and your personality, this is similar to the saying "you are what you eat" and in consequence you have less chance to build a wall against attacks of course.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Holy paranoia batman, I think you are reading wayyyy too much into it dude. Bay sharing his musical tastes isnt exactly a top secret life destroying thing to share. Take off the tin foil hat lol
    "Keep laughing. As long as you're laughing you still have hope." ~ Moe Howard

Dude you don't have to act all weird and surprised about this, some people do this.. i personally couldn't care less.. and i said i was ***guessing***.. read things twice before you react to something..
    maybe your tinfoil was a bit to tight on your head lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Your welcome bro, and i'm guessing this is also why the FAQ list on the main site is incomplete and if asked wont be answered.
    Not only Michael does this, the whole world does this.. this is why people keep saying that the more you share on Facebook and Twitter "The more THEY know" about you and who you are.. what you share is who you are and your personality, this is similar to the saying "you are what you eat" and in consequence you have less chance to build a wall against attacks of course.

Now i know where the title of this thread comes from, from Shia on the Special Features disc.

Regarding the music that Shia was listening to, i understand that Shia needs different music to be touched by but i think this is mingled with different personal feelings that only Shia can call up, and i understand that Michael had different sort of music that had a certain tone and result, a certain degree of emotion in it that reached a certain emotional level in the movie that brings a certain type of sadness to it that Michael wanted.

It's all very complicated and not at the same time, I think Shia needs to understand that tears are not just tears, there are different types of sadness and emotions and that no humanbeing on earth has ever reacted and cried the same way twice EVER. The only people who can copy their crying sadness are actors because they need to cry and often do this the same way (and i've seen this) and an audience feels when it's not natural, the end results of Shia were pretty good but could have been better IMO (does not mean more tears perse) but i'm still possitive about it. good acting nontheless.