Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanwishes for T4

Default Fanwishes for T4

So with the announcement I think a thread with wishes for T4 would be in order

I hope the 4th installment won't have too many unexplanied plottwists - like in T3 where all the autobots suddenly was captured by the decepticons without we saw it. I would love to get even more personality from the robots, and they are a bit brighter - especially in T3, they mostly seemed like teenagers. I little more seriousity would be cool - just because it's an unrealistic action flic doesn't mean it can't be serious A bit more grown-up stuff and not too much weird humor. Use the robots we know already, Ratchet, Sideswipe and Dino (obviously OP and BB)
    Yes it's me in my avatar and yes it's inspired by Michael Bay!

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Fanwishes for T4

Quote Originally Posted by Daneimp View Post
    ...I would love to get even more personality from the robots... I little more seriousity would be cool - just because it's an unrealistic action flic doesn't mean it can't be serious A bit more grown-up stuff and not too much weird humor.

Michael already presented all of that in "Dark of the Moon".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    nope, a transformation ala devastator but better
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    nope, a transformation ala devastator but better

I'm not talking about transformations. It was a short reply to a specific quote.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

just dont let it be a reboot. make it be a continuation after the third.
    I Fight Giant Robots

My #1 wish.....take out all the "You messed with the wrong Wang today" type humor and any characters that may act take on the role that Ken Jeong played.

Also, I stated this before in past a few times. A battle scene like the forest fight but in a snowy setting would be awesome! Speaking of battle scenes, I would like to have more battles like the forest fight and highway chase but longer/more violent.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

First and foremost, more focus on the Transformers obviously. We need at least an even balance of human and Transformers, preferably more for the Transformers. but what i noticed alot in the 3rd, and a tiny bit w/ the 2nd, was that humans did their own thing while the Transformers did their own thing. There was a lack of communication and relationship happening between them. One scene had the bots talking by themselves, then the humans were doing something by themselves. The reason why the 1st is so awesome is because once the bots showed up, Sam and them shared that whole experience from then on out together. It was a great thing to watch and was pretty magical. Here we saw, in my opinion, the strongest characterization of the characters in the first. they were in it together. It was a perfect mix, something i need to see in the next installment.Plus, the first film showed us the best battle between the autobots and decepticons. It was all about them, with the military slightly helping, whereas the bots werent really the stars of the final battles in RoTF and DoTM, until Optimus keeps stealing the spotlight with quick blink of the eye executions of the films major villains.

Also, a bit more seriousness. Comedy is fine, every action film has it in some way, but TF always tends to put it in the wrong places at the wrong time, ruining what started off as serious scenes and then throwing that all down the drain. like i said in the TF3 section of the forums, they can do away with the loud obnoxious humor that mostly Sam, and some other characters tend to always display (Sam slamming on the car wheel uncontrollably in front of N.E.S.T screaming like a girl and his antics that pursue) that kind of stuff. Alot of the characters "cough, cough, Leo!" just like being as loud as humanly possible and its supposed to be funny when its not. plus, no more transitions from serious scene, to comedy scene, to serious, comedy, serious, comedy, etc, with the comedy parts always being longer than the serious ones. (Sentinel spares Optimus in front of Lincoln Memorial, then Sam has a comedic lecture from his mom. Optimus dies in RoTF, Leo is squeeling like a pig about what just happend, etc)

comedy is fine, its just how you approach it. stuff like when Sam sees photos of Carly with her boss, simple stuff like that is funny.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

uhm, the whole deep wang part was a pathethic attempt at humor, perhaps the worst part of a really good movie.

No prequel as Optimus would not be on earth -> Optimus is big $$$ for Paramount and Hasbro.
    Bumblebee could be, but his new camaro design is so anticipated I don't think it'll be changed.

In Between movies: stories between 1/2 or 2/3 could be done. Needs a small scale storyline though, with the right script it could be awesome.

After TF3:
    Ratbat is decepticon commander and creates financial & economics. He saves humanity from the crisis, in a decepticon way. har har
    Megatron lost his head -> introduce headmaster. An evil human villain sees some destructive equipment (megatron) to use.

Small autobot team hunts Decepticon in the outreaches.
    new characters: Ultra Magnus, Nightbeat, Prowl

edit: the Shanghai opening in TF2 was brilliant in that regard (except for Sideways dying to soon and Optimus shooting before asking questions...).

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    uhm, the whole deep wang part was a pathethic attempt at humor, perhaps the worst part of a really good movie.

That's basically a 5-minute scene from a 2-hour movie. And I, along with my entire theater, was laughing during that scene, and overall the humor worked for me. If that means that I'm a guy who likes "pathethic attempts at humor', then so be it. I'm not afraid to admit what I like and what I don't like.

By the way, welcome to S4TE. It's certainly a strong start for you.

Isn't it too early for fanwishes? Right now Michael is concentrated on P&G. Try again next year!

That's basically a 5-minute scene from a 2-hour movie. And I, along with my entire theater, was laughing during that scene, and overall the humor worked for me. If that means that I'm a guy who likes "pathethic attempts at humor', then so be it. I'm not afraid to admit what I like and what I don't like.

By the way, welcome to S4TE. It's certainly a strong start for you.
    Hey,
    read again what I wrote: the worst part in a really good movie. In my own personal opinion that is ofcourse since any kind of art and how it is perceived is always subjective.

In what way do I have to read this:
    "It's certainly a strong start for you."

Just curious, sarcasm, irony, insults or honest opinion sometimes miss their mark on an internet forum.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I guess it would be cool if the film's climax is a 30 minute space battle. And of coarse that snow battle that was first brought up late 2009 and has been earlier in this thread. I think it would be cool if we get to see Dino have Mirage's invisibility powers too.

In my own personal opinion that is ofcourse since any kind of art and how it is perceived is always subjective.

Same here. Just sharing my own opinion on the matter. There's nothing wrong if people disagree. We're all different.

Just curious, sarcasm, irony, insults or honest opinion sometimes miss their mark on an internet forum.

There's no sarcasm, don't worry. I like people who get to the point (even if they just joined a forum, like you) and who are honest about the things they like and the things they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Isn't it too early for fanwishes? Right now Michael is concentrated on P&G. Try again next year!
    No no no, we are not to early, I would say we are to late. If he is working on the ideas with Spielberg now, then we have to do this asap. When the script is done, then it's to late.

now, my ideas:

Personally I love the humor that personalities like Jerry Wang and agent Simmons brings to the table. If Mr. Bay would grant me one wish, then I would choose to keep John Turturro in the role as Simmons. He was cool in the first movie, awesome in the second one and he started of brilliantly in the third one, but sadly he was injured and he did not attend the Chicago fight scenes

I would also have to say that whatever Mr. Bay decides, I trust his decisions! He has never failed to entertain me.

There's no sarcasm, don't worry. I like people who get to the point (even if they just joined a forum, like you) and who are honest about the things they like and the things they don't like.
    Ah cheers,
    cool.

I'd love to see an epic aerial battle between bots. That's the one thing we never really got. Imagine StarScream vs Silverbolt going full speed chasing eachother, cutting through forests, through mountain canyons, etc... eventually mid-air colliding and changing to robot mode and then having a one on one battle on some cool landscape.

Oh and most of all, no more parents. Which should be the case if they are ending the Sam story arc. Good lord I've never seen two characters that bring the movie to a bigger screeching stop. We get it, the mom is "quirky and says whats on her mind" we dont need it shoved down our throats every scene. Luckily in dark of the moon they only got 5 minutes of screen time but they still managed to kill the pace of the movie. I remember Sentinel just turned on the Autobots, Iron Hide is dead, Optimus is beside himself... cut to the parents RV in their "quirky" pajamas for the sole purpose to make a dick joke : rol
    "Keep laughing. As long as you're laughing you still have hope." ~ Moe Howard

I would like it to be lighthearted as the first two. Even with the dogs humping and the twins, I really appreciated the tone of ROTF. In that one there was even some character development (Sam's story arc).

I admit there were things that should have been cut, and clear continuity issues (due to troubled post-production I think), but still can't understand all the ROTF bash. Apart from the obvious mistakes it's really great.

No prequel as Optimus would not be on earth -> Optimus is big $$$ for Paramount and Hasbro.
    Bumblebee could be, but his new camaro design is so anticipated I don't think it'll be changed
    I think the continuity has been loose enough that a prequel trilogy would just about work so long as it ends with the autobots off earth and megatron back in the freezer. It would satisfy a lot of my wishes for dead bots to return, to have more focus on the bots using disguise, and S7 could play a key role on the human side. For complete fan service could set in the 80s but I don't really think that'll happen.

More realisticaly I am hoping for a smaller scale story with fewer bots with bigger individual roles on both sides of the conflict (I think less clones will help casual fans comprehension too) I'd really love them to reign in the 'alien' aspect and stick largely to bots with earth alt modes.* I was really disappointed with the decepticon 'robots flying spaceships' in DOTM and the non transforming driller. Earth based alts should be cheaper to film also so win-win?

Agree DOTM achieved a lot over ROTF so hope for TF4. Really like some of the other ideas on here too - an air or space battle would be great.

* predictably I will happily accept dinobots

Less Action - more deep Transformers dialog scenes
    Less Humor - more serious

Oh, and more transformations, DOTM barely had any notable ones.

If I could only choose one character to be in TF4, it'd be Grimlock. I know Michael has already said that he's not a fan of the Dinobots, but couldn't he make an exception this time? A robotic Tyrannosaurus Rex is a ten-year-old boy's equivalent of pure, unrefined cocaine.

I hope it continues off after TF3 and Optimus goes bad and all the autobots too join him and then Megatron is turned into a unlikely hero.. plus we can have have a epic walking off to the sunset shot with megatron and starcream :P

A fresh outlook for this franchise, its always been a bit too 'linear' "good guys beat up bad guys, happy ending"

Dinobots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the Dinobots could work... check out this incredible trailer for War For Cybertron 2
    "Keep laughing. As long as you're laughing you still have hope." ~ Moe Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Kamrud View Post
    No no no, we are not to early, I would say we are to late. If he is working on the ideas with Spielberg now, then we have to do this asap. When the script is done, then it's to late.
    Lol, pretty sure the script won't even start until later this year.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Dinobots... and Maximals. If there's going to be some recreating, why not have some throw backs to Beast Wars?