Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4

Default Re: Transformers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Yeah, there must be a story to go with the action for sure but I think the new film should have less focus on story and more on character (it's quite hard to even them out, you can really only have one or the other). All though you need story for the action to be meaningful...

It can be quite hard to get your head around :head I find it best not to think about it
    But yes, there definitely needs to be a good enough story (or maybe plot would be the best word).
    its actually character vs plot

character means the development/degradation we see in characters and is many ways similar to plot, there is the status quo (megatron is evil) then the conflict (megatron wonders why he is evil) then the resolve (megatron becomes a better ... transformer?) same as plot (earth is peaceful, people find out about decepticon plot, things go south, optimus beats up everyone and wins) many action movies have ok/fair plots its the character development that is lacking and especially in transformers, if the cost of animating a robot becoming a better robot is the same as the cost of the same robot beating the shit out of other robots, I would definitely choose the former (but thats just me)

so what I think is that due to budget/time constraints there is very liitle headroom for the writers to work with, Just a bit of character development, lessen the amount of characters, think out of the box without thinking within G1 terms and radically change the terms... and TF4 will be EPIC-er than its predessors

Cool Re: Transformers 4

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Michael! I literally cannot wait for both Pain & Gain and TF4!! Thank you for all these wonderful news! They have made my day!
    Best news all year, made up. Bay not doing Transformers wouldn't be the same. I've said it before, it would be like Lucas not doing Star Wars, it has to be Michael all the way! No one else can do TF except MB! Paramount well done, now I can't wait to see both 'pain & gain' and TF4! I wonder and hope if we'll ever see a screen adaptation of Grimlock and many more! Fookin fantastic news. What ever the story will be I'll be watchin it!

Talking Re: Transformers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Thank you so much Mr. Bay! I can't wait to see Pain & Gain next year and this news on TF4 is amazing, I'm really excited! :boratThis must be the first time since Bad Boys/The Rock where you've had two movies be released a year apart. Really, thank you good sir, you will forever make movies the most pleasurable thing there is I wish you the best of luck, and I hope we get more of Rosie in TF4 regardless of the direction the film is going, oh and of coarse Optimus and 3D!And I do hope the rumor of Ed Harris being in Pain & Gain is true...
    Me Michael Bay no boso, me king!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Micheal. Anyone got a time machine? Cannot wait!!

Just remember to keep calm, everyone. We have a good 2 years to wait, so rushing to any judgements or speculation would be a little too early.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

You know what scares me? The fact that after only a week since its inception, this sub-forum already has over twice as many threads as the P&G sub-forum does, which has been up for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    You know what scares me? The fact that after only a week since its inception, this sub-forum already has over twice as many threads as the P&G sub-forum does, which has been up for a few months now.
    Even though i respect MBay and his work i Have to be honest: i prefer TF4. I Hope p&g does great but Its not só much my kind of movie.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

But it's understandable isn't it? There's a 30 years of Transformers mythology, it makes sense for that people want to talk about the next film over a film based on the Sun Gym Gang that was around over a decade ago.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess the main difference between the two is that we already know the whole story of P&G (personally I haven't read it intentionally), and the whole cast. While everything about TF4 is a mystery. Also the fans of the previous 3 movies and the Transformers as a whole are billions. And I guess it's easier to speculate about a sequel movie instead of a new one.
    I personally can't wait to see Michael doing a different movie, but his TF movies will always be special to me.

I seen it in 3d iMAX the first day of release (dotm), it took my breath away, like a roller coaster ride from start to finish, simply the best experience of my life, I hope he films in 3d again, I'm glad I know I'm gonna have that again in 2 years

I'm sure things will pick up over there once filming begins.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    a whole new re imagining of Transformers.
    I just got a thought that maybe this "re-imagining" thing might in fact be part of a new misinformation campaign and that the film might just be a standard sequel.

Cool Re: Transformers 4

To clarify uninformed reports coming out of Toy Fair - Steven Spielberg and I are working on a whole new re imagining of Transformers, the fourth installment. We have been working on the idea for a few months. I'm excited about where it's headed. But first I'm doing a small $20 million dollar edgy black comedy of a true crime story set in Miami called "Pain and Gain," staring Mark Wahlberg and Dwanye Johnson, and very close to signing on a couple other great actors. I'm extremely excited to simplify my film career this spring with a great character piece.

That starts filming at the end of March. I might then jump onto a very cool television show my company Platinum Dunes is selling to a major cable network. It might be my first pilot I might potentially direct. We are still working out the details of the deal.

Michael
    This is so amazing I had to pinch myself! This is unbelievably awesome. P&G followed up with TF4, wow Mr. Bay's headed for ICON status & beyond! There's so much great material that's yet to be visited or touched in the Transformers Universe I can only imagine what'll motivate the next installment. I guess those baby Transformers that have been hinted at in TF2 & 3 will have developed their personalites by the next release huh!

Great to hear.

Hope Pain and Gain rocks for you, and good luck on the TV Pilot with your Platinum Dunes company.

Any way you look at it, Transformers is alive thanks to you’re great Vision, Passion and Directing! Keep up the great film making dude.

Jim…

Thats great new Mr. Bay anxiously await your future projects, and as for Transformers everyone. Mr. Bay Knows what he's doing!...

Its the waiting thats the hardsest part!

Pain and Gain sounds like it will be fun to watch with that cast.

For re-imagining do you mean straying away from the current art style? As far going closer to what the transformers looked like in the first film or in the original cartoon/comics, because as the films progressed to 2 and 3 they just started to look more alien(predator like) and human (faces), rather than the unique original look of transformers...

I hope whatever TF4 has in plans it plays more with War and soldiering.

TF4 - Nolan right. Bay Direct.

I just read all the comments here, there's nothing more to add to this then to say i'm really excited for your next movie P&G and TV show? :O awesome! really wanna check that out as well when it comes and TF4 sounds excellent Michael!

You might want to put some WWII material in one of your projects cause i heard 1/4 of the German population doesnt know much or nothing at all about their WWII history =/ which is really weird, you might want to look up the statistics on this with Steven again but i'm pretty sure this is what i heard a month ago or so.
    Maybe wait a bit longer when its 2/4.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by MitP
    prevent the risk of creative burnout.
    I dont think that excists in Michael and Steven's book.. and BTW i mentioned a gold mine of creative action in the TF4 - Battlefield3 thread for Michael, i hope he'll use that to experiment maybe.. who knows could be useful to him in some way i hope.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

This is excellent news! I hope we can get more info shortly.

Can't wait for T4...

And don't even worrie about bad movies like "Hugo", yes they got some awards (I don't know how), but in couple years nobody will remember that crap. Your robots are epic and thats about it!

thank you MR.Bay ! that is all what i can say right now!

To clarify uninformed reports coming out of Toy Fair - Steven Spielberg and I are working on a whole new re imagining of Transformers, the fourth installment. We have been working on the idea for a few months. I'm excited about where it's headed. But first I'm doing a small $20 million dollar edgy black comedy of a true crime story set in Miami called "Pain and Gain," staring Mark Wahlberg and Dwanye Johnson, and very close to signing on a couple other great actors. I'm extremely excited to simplify my film career this spring with a great character piece.

That starts filming at the end of March. I might then jump onto a very cool television show my company Platinum Dunes is selling to a major cable network. It might be my first pilot I might potentially direct. We are still working out the details of the deal.

Michael

Haha i just got done reading some of your quotes... there awesome... not just because its you. lol but you sound so much like me...
    "
    We don't make movies for critics. I've done four movies; there's millions upon millions upon millions of people who've paid to see them. Somebody likes them. My greatest joy is to sit anonymously in a dark theater and watch it with an audience, a paying audience."

i have shot short films... only with my friends for fun/projects/school/college. and as i make them. the only thing i keep in mind is, would i like to see that?... your an inspiration.

Feels kinda empty without any Transformers Live Action Movie news.
    It's true... "you never really miss until it's gone".

I'd love to see The Rock in Transformers 4. I mean it, I really mean it. That guy is a living legend. He's a celebrity who love his fans more than himself. Honest, hard working, never-give-up kind of a guy. The Rock truly deserve the title "A Celebrity".

One things for sure is that we can't bring back those robots that are dead like one of the member mentioned, there still a lot of robot that haven't show up yet,why must we use only Megatron as leader,audience will be boring the see all old deceptions again and besides that TF4 is a sequel,that will be fake if bring back the death again... As a fans since child, we would like to see deceptions especially from Transformers Headmaster,etc like Overlord and Zarak as new Decepticons leader,maybe this final Bay TF movies can bring us surprise like Fortress Maximus and some great combiner.. Sir Michael,you are the best action director to date and I'm very solute you,every of your movies done very great jobs especially The Island and TF1,both are so amazing,coz I like the story,action style and intense..but why TF2 and TF3 can't give the taste back?Is because the action style and story were getting poor...I just have to tell honestly,every one in the world said so...i think is because of poor writer..please change to someone talented... And I was happy to hear that Sir Bay and Spielberg got new idea in TF4,I hope Sir Michael Bay can bring back the coolest action and intensity to us all,bring in combiner like bruticus and superior etc,and bring us some intensive aerial fight if can,makes all military can'T defeat Decepticons,and makes more screen time focus on each robots and transformations...besides that bring the unique and powerful weapon system that humanity can't even compare to them..maybe we can bring some powerful laser gun,sonic wave,rail gun,laser sword,invisible shield protection and maybe shoulder cannon on the robots? and something I really needs to clarify is that we really doesn't need any protoform and alien aircraft,cause that's not transformers,not robot in disguise...all we need is a real transformers in cartoon series with it name and enough screen time and fight scene in this...we really hope that...makes them transform to massive vehicle,aircraft or heavy machineries..I believe it will cost more budget but if will worth it and audience will go watch at cinema few times to makes better box-office gross,trust me...like avengers and avatar was sample...I think TF4 at least need 250 million or above to fulfill this... As summary,TF4 really needs a thrilling story and great action sequences than TF2 and TF3,bring us the climax Michael Bay, We all know you can do it,we all love you...hope you can read my message and give you some idea..thank you so much..Sir Michael....

Thumbs up Re: Transformers 4

good