Thread: UltraViolet for Transformers 3: Complicated, and Makes No Sense.

Default UltraViolet for Transformers 3: Complicated, and Makes No Sense.

Even tho this is something that i will probably never use, i decided, hey!... why not! I headed over to the site i was intstructed to go to, signed up for Paramount, easy peazy. Then... I had to sign up to the actual UltraViolet sight. Ok, so after all that, i can do the streaming through the computer. But of course, i wanted to make things complicated by making it stream to my phone. In order to do so, you have to go through more BS. From what ive read online, you have to watch your UV films through the Flixter App. Once again, i had to join another damn site... Flixter. From still doing this on my computer, it wanted me to redeem my code on their site. First of all, i already did so on Paramounts UV thing. But i clicked the "pick your movie to redeem button." You have to actually pick from their "current" movies to redeem on Flixter, and Transformers 3 wasnt even an option. Even if it was, i dont think it would be so easy to find on the app thru your phone from what ive fiddled with. Even when you go to the actual UV site, when you click the devices and apps button, you get a "coming soon". This isnt a very worked out program. dont know if i even really care, or if this is worth anybodys time, but i was just bored. Anybody else have any luck?
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Default Re: UltraViolet for Transformers 3: Complicated, and Makes No Sense.

Is the UltraViolet the digital copy?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

^Yepp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraViolet_(system)

There are many people complaining about this. And they're right.

Ever since I first heard of this "UltraViolet" stuff back when Harry Potter came out in November, I though: "Well,... that's a dumb idea." I mean, what's wrong with the previous way of Redeeming our Digital Copies? The Digital Copy on the Sept. 30th release of DOTM was super easy (and fast) to redeem and start watching. And besides, I don't like the concept of having to download our movies every time we want to watch them.
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Yeah, why can't they just use the same method as other other digital copies?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

As an idea, UV sounds great, but (from experience) the execution itself has been clunky.

Not a huge fan of dc's outside of their convenience, but doesn't PM/DW give you the option for an iTunes copy as well?

The only studios right now pushing a UV-only model are WB and Sony (off the top of my head).

Every other studio I've recently purchased from (Lionsgate, Universal, PM/DW, Fox), has either iTunes, or both UV and iTunes.

My copy of the 1/31 TF3D edition has both.*

*Speaking for US releases only, of course. Not familiar with how the various studios handle other regions.

I, for one, like UV and the ability to stream movies from the web and download them to multiple devices. I've already used the streaming feature a couple of times - once on my iPad when I was too sick to crawl out of bed, and once from my computer at work when I had finished my work and otherwise would have just been sitting there watching the clock. Also, I wasn't thrilled with the old way of doing digital copies. DRM screws it all up. If you want to watch it on different devices, you have to sync it with Windows Media Player or iTunes, which I don't like, and God help you if your computer crashes and you try to use it on another computer or even the same one after reinstalling everything. UV, might have some issues, but I think they have an awesome setup so far, and once the kinks are worked out, I hope all movies that are released will have something similar; just as long as it doesn't go completely to the Internet - I still prefer to have the physical discs (*cough cough* release the TF3 film score on CD*cough cough*), and my favorite way to watch TF3 is to play the Bluray on my big screen TV and in surround sound.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    *Speaking for US releases only, of course. Not familiar with how the various studios handle other regions.
    New Zealand and Australia's sets are 5 discs. We get our digital copy on a separate disc, with the code printed on the other side of the paper slip in the case (so it's visible when the case is opened). The only downside is that we lose the interior Bumblebee artwork.

Oh, and we don't get the 3D slipcover.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.