Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Default Re: Resurrection or Originality for TF4, That is the Question

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Please do not post any plot idea. OK?
    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ement.php?f=12
    My apologies.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

No more resurrections. Start the villains fresh. It'll nice to have some new characters. Unfortunately, I think DOTM would of worked fine without Megatron, and Sentinel was a nice juicy villain, we need more like that.

See, I'm glad people are so up to this idea of someone new. It would be so fun to see. But, not to change the subject, since a TF4 forum section is started and I made this thread prior to that, am I able to move this thread over to that section? I think it belongs there now and I have no idea how to do that haha
    "Your nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

A movie called "Transformers..." without megaton is like a scarface without Tony....>=LAME
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

oh and I hope in this movie Optimus didn't learn something new...Optimus need to get his CIA bots more gadgets cause their "intelligents" are always off...never know this and that decepticon existed etc etc
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Why can't we place plot ideas?
    (the link doesn't work).

Anywhoo, Galvatron as a seperate identity or Megatron as a headmaster.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Dark Energon could work as a plot device, have a zombie Megatron or something.

Not sure how Headmasters would be able to work believably in Live Action

Well heres the problem with Megatron returning. First off, he already did return from death and if done again, that makes for a very redundant plot and downright shows lack of originality in my opinion. Second, if he comes back again, please tell me what the entire point of DOTM would be. Third, he would be killed again at the end of the new trilogy, so how is us witnessing his death for a third time going to benifit the audience. And lastly, we have all seen Megatron in many different ways through television, toys, etc. He is always around us. Currently he is on Transformers Prime and will be back in Fall of Cybertron, and plus we already got our live action movie dose of the guy. Is it really going to hurt us if he doesnt come back for another movie?
    "Your nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by almostthethird15 View Post
    Is it really going to hurt us if he doesnt come back for another movie?
    yes to me

Ironhide, don't care if Prime has to make the whole 'Journey into the matrix' Bring him back. Yeah okay loved Jazz but didn't have time to become attached to him. Ironhide whole other story.

I don't mind if they kill or resurrect characters, but I do prefer new ones...

What I most love from T3, is playing it slowly to spot transformers (like constructicon Scrapper) in battle and lot more (even no name yet robots), T3 has a lot of work involved, and nice humor coming this time from human factor (good point) instead of robots like the twins in T2, the only think I like as humor from those idiots is the fact they transform in "smart cars". However those characters completely bring down the "devastator time", as an example, just bumblebee in that shot was enough... About resurrected ones, soundwave comes back as soundblaster in "headmasters", is not new chapter, so I vote for Originality (and doesn't matter if those characters were never before in any other story)

The trilogy only has to do one thing: move past Optimus and Bumblebee. Because they're the central focus and their personalities are semi fleshed out, there has been no need to develop any other bots personality. We don't have to worry about humans anymore which means we can focus on what everyone wants to see, the bots. I say follow the formula of the old movie. Get rid of the well known characters (OP, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, Ratchet, Ironhide, Brawn, Prowl all died in the first 10 mins of the first movie) and introduce newer characters with their personalities. I like knowing that Springer "has better things to do tonight than die" and that Kup is an "old-timer" with a bunch of stories. I don't know anything about Dino or Ratchet or the Wreckers or Sideswipe in the movie continuity. That is sad. We need to get to know the bots. The 1st three movies gave me enough explosions. The TF are way more than just explosions and fighting. They all have individual and identifiable personalities. I want to see some of that resurrections or not.
    Hot Rod: How'd you beat them?
    Kup: I'm trying to remember... There were alot of casualties that day.

I think both.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I think Michael can handle better and more complex stories in his movies with the use of his iPad.
    He can keep looking on his iPad where he is on the storyboard or whatever, but then again it could get hacked.. Michael use one of those digital photo frames they cant break into that
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!