Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we really need and/or WANT a TF4... ?

Default Do we really need and/or WANT a TF4... ?

So, first of all, let me say, that i love the trilogy. Expecially 1 and DOTM while the first one is by far my favorite. However, do we really need a fourth one? I hate to say it.. but the concept is getting old now. What can a fourth one that is similar to the other possibly offer that we havnt seen yet? I mean, the endings of 3 and 1 were already kinda similar.

If a fourth one is made, it should focus FAR more on emotions and complex story telling and hold the action back for most of the film, or else it will be a waste of film.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Do we really need and/or WANT a TF4... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    If a fourth one is made, it should focus FAR more on emotions and complex story telling and hold the action back for most of the film, or else it will be a waste of film.

The way I see it, the emotional parts in the first three movies were great. It all worked for me. And in my view, "complex storytelling" is not something that a "Transformers" movie needs. You have humans, aliens, transforming cars, trucks, NASA, the military, Cybertron stuff....so it's already too crowded. "Complex storytelling" would work for a franchise like Batman or Spider Man, where you deal with just a group of human characters who are stuck in one city. "Transformers" on the other hand is global - the characters are constantly travelling from city to city, country to country.

And to be honest, I don't go to the "Transformers" films because of the "story".

As for a fourth movie, I have to agree with you - it's not something that I desperately want to see. I love the trilogy and in my view, it should stay that way. A trilogy.

But of course that's not going to happen. With or without Michael, they'll probably make at least three more films.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

..... do we really need a fourth one?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    The way I see it, the emotional parts in the first three movies were great. It all worked for me. And in my view, "complex storytelling" is not something that a "Transformers" movie needs. You have humans, aliens, transforming cars, trucks, NASA, the military, Cybertron stuff....so it's already too crowded. "Complex storytelling" would work for a franchise like Batman or Spider Man, where you deal with just a group of human characters who are stuck in one city. "Transformers" on the other hand is global - the characters are constantly travelling from city to city, country to country.
    Well, thats kind of my point really. We have seen all that already and we dont need a fourth one cause it cannot offer something new. It will be just more of the same. Also, "complex storytelling" does not necessarily mean complex plot, but rather character development and stuff, which in my opinion, is worth so much more than a complex plot. If they do a fourth one, they should take a look at Transformers: Prime which had some amazing character moments and try to bring more of that.

I mean, it can be done and it would be a whole lot better than another hardcore action movie. I also imagine that non-fighting Transformers are far more easy and cheaper to animate than all that stuff we have in the end-battles. Have an assault of words between Optimus Prime and some other Transformer, because that can be just as entertaining as every fight sequence.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I also imagine that non-fighting Transformers are far more easy and cheaper to animate than all that stuff we have in the end-battles. Have an assault of words between Optimus Prime and some other Transformer, because that can be just as entertaining as every fight sequence.

I kinda like that idea, but on the other hand I can assure you that a lot of people would start complaining that the movie is not about "giant f****** robots beating the crap out of each other". Truth is, it's really hard to please people these days. Even if you try something new.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Yes we do

I'm 100% for a 4th one, 5th one and 6th. The more action the better. I can't believe people are complaining about the amount of action in these movies, if anything it should get more extreme, how many other films can you say have this much action? Thats what I thought, why complain about something that is so rare, no other films deliver this type of entertainment these movies are the Cirque de Soleil of film, so wishing for less of what we have been given is sort of ridiculous, "A waste of Film?" if you don't like heavy action go watch Taken of M:I 4, Transformer movies are unique in many different ways and I can only hope to see them evolve in the fashion that they have, no other way. Even if it means going on Cybertron for the whole movie, I would hope to expect scenes of destruction and action, with the best audio mix around. My two cents.

No movie needs to be made.

i do not think we need a TF4, it ended perfectly on TF3.

BUT... i'll only accept TF4 and possible sequels if Bay and the crew Ressurect Megatron, Starscream and/or Soundwave

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Are you out of, excuse me, but FREAKING mind!? Yes, we do need a tf4. Better sooner than later. and michael bay needs to do it. at least, i know i do need one. these movies are the best movies and it needs more added to it! it needs to feel like these movies are more complete! heck, i say go star wars on us and make six.
    I Fight Giant Robots

There's no way to please the whole crowd. People want story so we give it to them....then they complain that there's not enough action. We give them action and they complain that there is no story. But then again studios will continue to bring content to attempt to please the audience but it never works 100% imo. I would love to see a TF4 and I agree that it could turn in a new direction.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I understand where you are coming from, but the ILM robots are so nice to see in action. Personally I'm looking forward to a 4th/5th.

I want them to keep on making them.

I will watch them as they continue to make them.

Everytime I watch them in the theater, I feel like a kid again so please don't stop making them because there is a feeling of excitement that these movies give me that no other movie experience can re-create

Thank you
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

So, first of all, let me say, that i love the trilogy. Expecially 1 and DOTM while the first one is by far my favorite. However, do we really need a fourth one? I hate to say it.. but the concept is getting old now. What can a fourth one that is similar to the other possibly offer that we havnt seen yet? I mean, the endings of 3 and 1 were already kinda similar.

Off course...MORE...MORE

If you ask me, all movies combined are the best. All single TF movies missed something
    For instance ..
    movie one; required alot more cybertron TF history explanation scenes. to made it the perfect Transformers movie. for my taste it was transformers introduction for babys one on one. movie two; the best of the series, insane action sequences ! great transformations, bad and rushed editing destroyed the movie,
    movie three; great cybertron intro sequence and TF mythology story telling, and that's it. it didn't touched the bigness of ROTF. DOTM felt bored. no adrenaline, no new BIG transformations.

tha best TF movie would be: Story telling & humor from movie 1, action and transformations from movie 2. TF mythology story telling from movie 3. and ther you have it..tha best TF movie. and michael knows this. he wants to make the tha best TF movie, he still not made.

Michael if you may read this, throw in some huge BIG transformations ala Jetfire, demolisher, d e v a s t o r. into Transformers 4 ! i'm counting on you
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    Are you out of, excuse me, but FREAKING mind!? Yes, we do need a tf4. Better sooner than later. and michael bay needs to do it. at least, i know i do need one. these movies are the best movies and it needs more added to it! it needs to feel like these movies are more complete! heck, i say go star wars on us and make six.
    Not everyone will want a TF4, go and look the site TFW2005.com and you will see alot of people complaining that we dont need a tf4

i do not want tf4 because of 1 single thing; Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave are dead, if Bay doesnt ressurect them, then i'll never accept tf4

Quote Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post
    Not everyone will want a TF4, go and look the site TFW2005.com and you will see alot of people complaining that we dont need a tf4
    Most of the people there are die hard G1 fans from the 80s. So it's normal that they don't like someone else's vision.

i think, its sufficient.

third movie is so cartoon like the second one (for example sam shoots starscreams eye and starscream panic! what is that. killer bot crying like a baby. Starscream must be cruel. do you remember the scene in "the usual suspects"? keyser sze kills his own family. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdeCPGNRjOU like that. i waited starcream cut the rope and shoot to sam or "eye removal"... he deserve to epic die i think.. its not convincing. sam could kill the starscream with the slingshot. its same thing.. whatever) and no need 4th one

maybe 10 years later..

Quote Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post

i do not want tf4 because of 1 single thing; Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave are dead, if Bay doesnt ressurect them, then i'll never accept tf4
    Based on personal experience I realised that: People don't know what they want. They just think they do.
    Although no one can go back and make a new beggining, anyone can start again and make a new end.
    http://www.songoftheyear.com/results/tiffanynoest.html

Banned

yeah, i need and want a 4th one, dont want a sequel tho! cause Transformers without Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave is fail! f*** Galvatron, he sucks! so i really hope that they would start fresh, or bring the main decepticons back! oh and bring Megan back as well!

Quote Originally Posted by eagc7

TFW has a lot of haters that will say they don't want a 4th movie, only to be first in line to see it, and then come back to the boards complaining about the 4th movie they just got done watching.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Most of the people there are die hard G1 fans from the 80s. So it's normal that they don't like someone else's vision.
    This. Michael bay and the creators know this too, but that never stopped them from making movies for the MILLIONS of others who aren't angry g1 fans or other tf cartoon series or whatever. Movie fans FTW. hahaha thats why it made so much money.

and yes, We DO need a tf4. theres a lot more to do with this awesome franchise. they cant just leave it at that, in my opinion.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    TFW has a lot of haters that will say they don't want a 4th movie, only to be first in line to see it, and then come back to the boards complaining about the 4th movie they just got done watching.
    TFW sucks ass.. can't believe Paramount sends these websites the LE Trilogy set for free!

If they keep making them, I'll keep watching them.

In short.....yes.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

Quote Originally Posted by tseon View Post
    Based on personal experience I realised that: People don't know what they want. They just think they do.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    yeah, i need and want a 4th one, dont want a sequel tho! cause Transformers without Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave is fail!
    AT LAST, someone agress with me