Thread: Transformers:Dark Of The Moon Score

Question Transformers:Dark Of The Moon Score

What's happening is the the movie score for Dark Of The Moon Steve Jablonsky composed, is it ever going to see the light of day I hope so i'm a fan of his movie scores especially the Transformers scores.

Default Re: Transformers:Dark Of The Moon Score

Wasn't there going to be a special edition or something released on CD around the time of the Blu Ray release? Obviously, not the September 30 release, but what about January 31?

This quote from SJ has been posted somewhere else on these forums before but just as a refresh:

Hi Chris
    Nice to hear from you. As you probably know the score is now up on iTunes. The physical CD situation has been more complicated. I finished the album weeks ago, but we didn't actually finalize it until a few days ago. Michael Bay is really happy with the score and he wanted to check out the album before it went out. As you might imagine, he's a busy dude. He's been flying all over the world promoting TF3, making it difficult to get approval. But I was happy that he wanted to be a part of the soundtrack and I did not want to release anything before he had his say. The record company tells me they need 4-6 weeks to get the album produced and into stores, which would put us into August at this point. A lot of discussion went into this, but the decision was made to wait on the physical CD, and release some kind of special edition alongside the blu-ray release (maybe autographed copies or other goodies, we don't know yet).

I know people are probably disappointed. Believe me I wish I could get physical CD's out there tomorrow. But it's just the way things went this time around. I can see why Paramount would rather not release a score CD almost 2 months after the movie release. To them it makes more sense to do something special around the blu-ray/DVD. I understand that.

So anyone interested in a CD should rest assured that it WILL happen. It just won't happen until later in the year unfortunately.

These big movies are so complex sometimes!! I hope you've been well!

Steve
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Smile Re: Transformers:Dark Of The Moon Score

I know it has been available on itunes,it's the CD I have been waiting for,hopefully some news should be announced soon

Any word on the CD?
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    Any word on the CD?

- http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...x=1&isremote=0
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Does anyone know what are recording sessions? If you do, just google this one. If you don't, google it anyway. You'll see what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Cinema Gary View Post
    What's happening is the the movie score for Dark Of The Moon Steve Jablonsky composed, is it ever going to see the light of day I hope so i'm a fan of his movie scores especially the Transformers scores.
    Steve Jabolonsky is a fantastic composer i should say.

Where the hell is the CD!!!!
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

I can't find the MP3 digital version on iTunes or Amazon.
    XBL: Double 979
    PSN: Double_979