Thread: This is Ridiculous!

Default This is Ridiculous!

The nominations of the Critics Choice Awards have been revealed. Surprise, surprise DOTM was not even mentioned in the VFX and sound categories.

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Hugo
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    Super 8
    The Tree of Life

BEST SOUND

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Hugo
    Super 8
    The Tree of Life
    War Horse
    I can't believe how shallow these guys are. OK we get it, DOTM won't win an award but at least show some respect to the people who've done a tremendous work and at least nominate the movie.
    Well I guess the critics will never change.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/hugo...-with-11-each/

Default Re: This is Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    The nominations of the Critics Choice Awards have been revealed. Surprise, surprise DOTM was not even mentioned in the VFX and sound categories.

I can't believe how shallow these guys are. OK we get it, DOTM won't win an award but at least show some respect to the people who've done a tremendous work and at least nominate the movie.
    Well I guess the critics will never change.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/hugo...-with-11-each/
    why i am having a strong felling that critics award nominations are only for those movies who were acclaimed by critics even though the vfx and sound of those movies suck in front of other movies,and i can't believe they did not nominated dotm for sound categories dotm sound is the best sound i have heard in my entire life though i am only 15.someone plzz say the f word to them

The Critics Choice Awards are as relevant in my eyes as DOTM is in theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    The Critics Choice Awards are as relevant in my eyes as DOTM is in theirs.
    ^^^^
    This! While winning awards is nice, DOTM doesn't need to win one to show me how "good" it is/was.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Critics are always bias and full of bs!!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

So Harry Potter gives a lame dragon, fireworks, and a noseless albino, and it's got a nomination!!! HP hasn't given anything new or never before seen, and there it is. Can't believe I used to like it. Also, WTF has Hugo got to do in there!?

Im not disappointed, I was expecting this all the way. Those awards mean nothing and I hope that if Michael ever wins an award from these organizations that he goes up there to receive it and turns it down. That would be the perfect response to any award ceremony, F them all.

At least this is some consolation:

Nominees for the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® for outstanding performances in 2011 in five film and eight primetime television categories and for the SAG honors for outstanding action performances by film and television stunt ensembles were announced this morning in Los Angeles at the Pacific Design Center’s SilverScreen Theater in West Hollywood.

Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
    THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
    COWBOYS & ALIENS (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
    HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2 (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
    TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (PARAMOUNT PICTURES)
    X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (20TH CENTURY FOX)

http://www.sagawards.org/media-pr/11213

The point is that it's just "critics' choice" after all, but not the audiences' choice.

What is the big fuss about? I think DOTM is the No.1 winner of them all for NOT being in those lists at all.
    Look at it as every disadvantage having its advantage. (not from Cruijff btw, just possitive thinking.)

And the best way to hurt them is to not give one gram of attention to them at all, and if your watching TV and you see something passing by related to them or the spectacle itself you should switch channels right away so they wont get high watch-ratings it cost them a bit of money.. hopefully.. and someone should delete that internet link to their site also! Nelson, Sora make it happen please.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Ohh! and also! This shows that Michael and Transformers, and Dark of the Moon have already made it to the top and have nothing more to prove to that Michael and everybody related to making DOTM is already IN and the rest of the movie biz, these nominees are fighting to show that they are worth it to be in the entertainment moviebiz. so Michael has it in the pocket. ;D

So if i may.. Congratulation Michael! and everybody who worked on Transformers Dark of the Moon! well done! your work has payed off! ;D haha
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

At some point you're all right but this is mainly from a fan point of view. I can guarantee you that there are very few people in the movie business who don't desire to win some kind of acknowledgment for their work, even if it's not a famous award. Even if you're only nominated this still is some kind of admission to you. It's really hard to work 6 months for 10 hours a day, to give your best and finally to see that some pricks even don't pay attention to you. I know that ILM is a name that doesn't have to prove anything but there were many blows to the company in recent years. Here is just a pure statistic that I posted before: ILM Oscars for the period 1977-1994 - 14; ILM Oscars for the period 1995-2010 - 1! The biggest blow was indeed back in 2007 when the Oscar was given to The Golden Compass. This was a complete joke. This was like spitting in your face. So yeah these awards may not matter to us fans but they still mean something for the filmmakers.

At some point you're all right but this is mainly from a fan point of view. I can guarantee you that there are very few people in the movie business who don't desire to win some kind of acknowledgment for their work, even if it's not a famous award. Even if you're only nominated this still is some kind of admission to you. It's really hard to work 6 months for 10 hours a day, to give your best and finally to see that some pricks even don't pay attention to you. I know that ILM is a name that doesn't have to prove anything but there were many blows to the company in recent years. Here is just a pure statistic that I posted before: ILM Oscars for the period 1977-1994 - 14; ILM Oscars for the period 1995-2010 - 1! The biggest blow was indeed back in 2007 when the Oscar was given to The Golden Compass. This was a complete joke. This was like spitting in your face. So yeah these awards may not matter to us fans but they still mean something for the filmmakers.
    Oh, oscars were full of crap even before that, when they awarded best picture to Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan. Since then, they mean nothing, and I haven't watched them since. If something interesting is on them, I'll just catch that piece on youtube or something. I'm also appalled at how sexist and sometimes downright racist they are. It seems like past 10 years, actresses would have to have a nude scene to win. It's even more insulting that both Halle Barry and Denzel Washington won their awards for playing unappealing characters.

Well, I have this to say to the Critics… "US$ 1.1 Billion"

Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
    THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
    COWBOYS & ALIENS (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
    HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2 (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
    TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (PARAMOUNT PICTURES)
    X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (20TH CENTURY FOX)

http://www.sagawards.org/media-pr/11213
    ^^ Remember this? Guess who won?
    Of course Harry Potter - the movie with the best stunts from magic wand hits for 2011. I guess the actors guild never saw DOTM and the base jump sequence or maybe they thought it was CG. : rol

http://www.sagawards.org/media-pr/pr...formances-18th

^^ Remember this? Guess who won?
    Of course Harry Potter - the movie with the best stunts from magic wand hits for 2011. I guess the actors guild never saw DOTM and the base jump sequence or maybe they thought it was CG. : rol

http://www.sagawards.org/media-pr/pr...formances-18th
    REALLY?! :head That's complete bullcrap.

One should look at the Base Jump and the Building Topple scene to know that Bay and Co were 100% robbed of that award.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

I think that fx that deal with mimicking actual living beings, always have a better chance at winning instead of robotic effects. skin detail and its movements is harder to mimick rather than a solid metallic object. but with transformers, theres so much happening with moving parts and the abundance of it on screen, you would think that it would outwin the others.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by almostthethird15 View Post
    I think that fx that deal with mimicking actual living beings, always have a better chance at winning instead of robotic effects.
    I agree with that but why not give them the stunt award. The crew deserved that.

I agree with that but why not give them the stunt award. The crew deserved that.
    Yea, they got screwed over with the stunts. I mean, the flying suit guys alone should've been enough to win the award haha
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

How the final decision was made...

"Okay guys, which movie has the best stunts?"

"Well clearly it's..."

*WB lobbyist walks in with a suitcase full of cash*

"...Harry Potter! The way they move those wands! It's amazing how they actually got the real actors to do that."

"What?!! What about those wingsuit guys in Dark of the Moon?"

*WB lobbyist whips out a second suitcase full of cash*

"Meh...CGI."