Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Academy Awards 2012

Default Re: Transformers is getting robbed

There goes another one. Tremendous favoratism in Oscars it's un-believable.

Banned

this should be in TF3 section not TF4.. but yeah.. this sucks! f*** Hugo.. Transformers should have won that!! Rango won, so atleast ILM got something!

Banned

bunch of old ppl who watch old ppl movies.. i havnt seen any of these lame winners.. the artist, hugo etc.. hugo made no money! check its lifetime gross... fail movie.. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hugocabret.htm

DAMN IT!!!! :head

At least Mr. Bay made an appearance. (kind of)
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

Not gonna defend TF vs. Hugo cause that's like comparing Scorsese to Bay...they are different leagues altogether. But the artists that made TF are going unrecognised by an award show that is supposed to recognize THE BEST IN FILM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    Not gonna defend TF vs. Hugo cause that's like comparing Scorsese to Bay...they are different leagues altogether. But the artists that made TF are going unrecognised by an award show that is supposed to recognize THE BEST IN FILM.
    Its because thesecritics that pick apart the film they cant enjoy a loud action packed film, when they see a quiet movie filled with underlying meaning they cant get over how good it is and they obsess over 70 million dollar grossing movies( hugo)

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

How the hell did Hugo get the fcvking sound awards!!! Do the Academy do their research!!!??? :head:head:head:head:head

And Best Visual Effects!!!??? Your shitting me! Even Planet of the Apes has been robbed now, and their effects weren't that great. :head:head:head:head:head

Excuse my language, but FUCK THE ACADEMY!!! AND FUCK THEIR AWARDS!!!

Default Oscars Fraud

The same thing happend with avatar! Clearly there's something wrong with the jury. Maybe the are all old man.
    Hugo is a beautiful picture but it lacks of visual credibility, everything looks fake. And it's ok, its like watching a cartoon or an animated film. Not like the other nominees that are fantastic but look and sound like if was real, and that's a real achievement. So again, the oscars are wrong.
    Great to see Bay
    ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY

I'm not surprised, happens every year. Bunch of old guys watching artsy films. I can't believe I wasted an evening watching that crap.
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

Default Re: Oscars Fraud

Lame, I know.
    Academy awards are not about the movies, but who is best friends with who.
    Judges don't even watch all of them, just look for names.
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Z/28 View Post
    I'm not surprised, happens every year. Bunch of old guys watching artsy films. I can't believe I wasted an evening watching that crap.
    yup, same.. old ppl watchin boring movies, that no one else watches..

Like I've said in the past. The Academy Awards are becoming next to meaningless. Not because some of my favorite movies don't win their respected awards but because the voters have become so narrow minded that each year, they get on a different movie's dicks.

I'm glad I spent the most of my evening watching the NBA All Star game instead.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    DAMN IT!!!! :head

At least Mr. Bay made an appearance. (kind of)
    How did he appear? Was he just in the audience?

everythime they show a damn scene from Hugo, its always that freaking train. That train is apparently the all powerful winner of effects and sound. I don't even know what the film is about! The advertising for it was awful! The commercials always just showed this kid running through the streets of Paris explaining nothing.... And that TRAIN!
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

I have a plan for tf4 to win an award they have all the transformers sitting in a room dressed up and having tea as they discuss politic. The academy would love that crap

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew62 View Post
    I have a plan for tf4 to win an award they have all the transformers sitting in a room dressed up and having tea as they discuss politic. The academy would love that crap
    I would actually pay to see that.

Default Re: Academy Awards 2012

Ofcourse DOTM would not win this one, if they did not give it to the first one already. (TF1 special effects > TF3 special effects).

Quote Originally Posted by almostthethird15 View Post
    everythime they show a damn scene from Hugo, its always that freaking train. That train is apparently the all powerful winner of effects and sound. I don't even know what the film is about! The advertising for it was awful! The commercials always just showed this kid running through the streets of Paris explaining nothing.... And that TRAIN!
    So let's put Astro-train in TF4, that should blow them out of the water, it has a train... and a spaceship... which turns into a god damn robot that should have gotten the award years ago!

I have to agree, Transformers should of beaten "Hugo" such a boring movie, its the first time I wasted $22 and left half way through. Who are these people that vote? why are they not Public and accountable?Are they too open to bribes? if not the selecting committee should ne known each year after the event and changed mandatory each year.
    its not awards by peers or viewers , its awards by 12 or so people whom do not represent the general public.

Do not talk down Hugo. It is a good movie plus it has really good 3D and special effects.

TF4: Decepticons run the Oscar show. In an epic battle hollywood and the oscar committee is blown up. har har

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Do not talk down Hugo. It is a good movie plus it has really good 3D and special effects.

TF4: Decepticons run the Oscar show. In an epic battle hollywood and the oscar committee is blown up. har har
    To be honest, I thought Hugo was pretty dull. Nothing was special about and I definitely wanted to walk out several times...probably because I didn't choose to see it.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Banned

Sentinel Prime should have opened a space bridge where the oscars was going on, transport all the humans in that building to space, where their heads would explode due to no oxygen..

Even if I love the visuals in TR.... Scorsese directing a 3D movie and just the way Scorsese uses visual effects in general.. Just even the thought of that deserves an Oscar. Not that I think too highly about this award. But I was very dissapointed with the sound awards for both TR and Drive...

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Someone call those bad boys Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett cauze we waz robbed !!!!!!!

I saw Hugo in 3D and Dark of the Moon in 3D and still cannot fathom how on cybertron they would award sound mixing or VFX award to any movie other than Dark of the Moon. I think Dark of the Moon was 4D because the seat was shaking from the awesome surround sound at my IMAX theatre.

To Mike, VFX crew, Sound crew: You don't need an Oscar because you have won the heart of thousands if not millions movie goers worldwide ! And that folks is the love that keeps on giving !

Keep up the great work team bay !