Thread: I hope I'm not the only one that watched "Pearl Harbor" again today...

Default I hope I'm not the only one that watched "Pearl Harbor" again today...

In honor of the lives lost on that morning 70 years ago.

I still consider this perhaps the best of Michael's films; I still remember the first time I saw the trailer and was literally in tears at the way the camera followed the bomb down to the Arizona, knowing what the result would be.

Worse, it's amazing how many people only learned of the tragedy of the sailors trapped on the Oklahoma via this film.

Thanks, Michael.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: I hope I'm not the only one that watched "Pearl Harbor" again today...

I watched it too. Actually, I watch that movie every month. It's one of the very few movies that I can literally watch over and over again without getting tired of them.

I know every single shot of "Pearl Harbor", but it's amazing how I always discover small things in different scenes, especially during the attack sequence. Every time I watch it, I find small details that I haven't seen before. And I guess there's no need for me to say that I still think that "Pearl Harbor" is Michael's best movie. Of course, I enjoy watching his other films as well, like them all...but there's something about "Pearl Harbor" that is really, really appealing. Can't explain it.

I simply love that movie.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: I hope I'm not the only one that watched "Pearl Harbor" again today...

I'm waiting till the weekend for my 'rememberance' viewing. (I just don't have the time to watch pretty much any movie during the week.) And besides, a film of such masterful creation deserves to watched in one sitting.
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

It was on TV here
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I would have watched it if I had it. Which reminds me I need to get the Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    I would have watched it if I had it. Which reminds me I need to get the Blu-Ray.
    $13.99
    http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=310615&source=webgain s&source=webgains&siteid=45700
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Except for picture quality, you are much, much, much better off getting the Vista Series DVD and Michael's director's cut:

http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Harbor-D.../dp/B00005Q3TZ

IMHO it changes the film pretty significantly for the better, and the associated commentary is brilliant.

Yeah I watched it too right before I went to bed that night. It is oen of my favorite Bay films. I tend to watch frequently every couple of months. Still amazing to me each time.

Quote Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
    Except for picture quality, you are much, much, much better off getting the Vista Series DVD and Michael's director's cut:

http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Harbor-D.../dp/B00005Q3TZ

IMHO it changes the film pretty significantly for the better, and the associated commentary is brilliant.
    I agree. My dad has that one. I like those for all the extras and bonus features along with the extended Directors Cut. Now if they had the Vista series cut on Blu-Ray,I wouldn't have to think twice.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Now if they had the Vista series cut on Blu-Ray,I wouldn't have to think twice.

I'm still hopeful that one day we'll see the VS on Blu-ray. Just a matter of time...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Despite the critics i love this movie and is definitely(for me) the best movie directed by Michael Bay.

and of course every year at this day i did not lose.

Hear, Hear!

I agree Pearl Harbor is a fantastic movie.