Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pain and Gain Info

Default Pain and Gain Info

For those of you that don't know about Pain and Gain, it's a script based on a Miami New Times article.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Read the story:

Pain & Gain: part 1

Pain & Gain: part 2

Pain and Gain: part 3

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Thumbs up Re: Pain and Gain Info

Finally, "Pain & Gain" section.

Thank you, Nelson.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Banned

Default Re: Pain and Gain Info

dont want to read it, will give the story away.. i prefer watching my movies without knowing 2 much about it.. but it should be an amazing movie, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Finally, "Pain & Gain" section.

Amen to that!

And, WOOT!!!!! A new Michael Bay movie is coming!!!!! (Sorry, I'm very excited.)
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post
    Amen to that!

And, WOOT!!!!! A new Michael Bay movie is coming!!!!! (Sorry, I'm very excited.)

Haha same here! this is awesome!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Whee!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

I really wonder how much of the $20 million budget will go for Dwayne's paycheck. After all don't forget that The Rock was featured in the 2007 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest salary as an actor in his first starring role, receiving $5.5 million.
    But I'm sure this role will not be about the money. I believe there are many Hollywood actors that would love to work with Michael no matter the salary.

Yeah! This one is going to Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I really wonder how much of the $20 million budget will go for Dwayne's paycheck. After all don't forget that The Rock was featured in the 2007 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest salary as an actor in his first starring role, receiving $5.5 million.
    But I'm sure this role will not be about the money. I believe there are many Hollywood actors that would love to work with Michael no matter the salary.

Think "Ocean's Eleven". A lot of huge stars who made the movie just because they wanted to make it. It was not about money (if it was, the movie's budget would've been $200 million). Michael himself is one of the most expensive directors in the world, but I'm sure that he'll work on "Pain & Gain" for less money. I'm confident that the actors, no matter how huge they are, will do the same thing.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I really wonder if it is a Fargo type movie what costs $20 million on it

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

I really hope Andrew Bryniarski is cast in this. (He appeared as Cuba Gooding Jr.'s sparring opponent in Michael's PEARL HARBOR, and more famously as Leatherface in the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE remakes.) The man is just an all-around cool cat, and has both the acting chops AND muscle to be one of the movie's body-builders.

Btw the muscle + actors topic. I think its better to choose a good actor than a bad actor with muscles. I dont know if you guys watch the Spartacus series. But there are some really normal looking actors cast in that series who got on these work out schedules etx and put on some really really realistic looking macho gladiator muscles. So everything is possible.

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Awesome, thanks Nelson. I'm probably gonna read part 1.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Cool! Let's blow more stuff up!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    Cool! Let's blow more stuff up!
    Ummm...not exactly this time.

Movie no. 10 and counting (hopefully for a long time to come).

I'm sure this film will cost more than 20 million. I don't see MB going straight off the article without peppering some action in. I fully expect the movie to have action. But I also know it will have a great story and actors.

Aw man! I hope there not one single explosion!
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

Thumbs up Re: Pain and Gain Info

Mark Wahlberg - "We're talking about "Pain and Gain". It's a great script. Bay has got a great take on it and how he wants to do it. I don't think there's anything he can't do."

- http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/12/28...pain-and-gain/

I hope Mark will find time for this. The duo with the Rock will be awesome.

Smile Re: Pain and Gain Info

"You don't watch Michael Bay films. They happen to you." xD

Folks:

There is a new post today on MTV where high-motor ex-Hurricane defensive lineman (No. 94)

speaks about his high hopes for PAIN & GAIN. He beckons MW to contact him to arrange scheduling

so they may both appear in Mr. Bay's forthcoming true-crime dark comedy thriller.

If I knew how, I would post the segment.

BTW, Dwayne Johnson was born to play the role of Daniel Lugo.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiPete View Post
    Folks:

There is a new post today on MTV where high-motor ex-Hurricane defensive lineman (No. 94)

speaks about his high hopes for PAIN & GAIN. He beckons MW to contact him to arrange scheduling

so they may both appear in Mr. Bay's forthcoming true-crime dark comedy thriller.

If I knew how, I would post the segment.

BTW, Dwayne Johnson was born to play the role of Daniel Lugo.
    And Pete would know because he wrote the original true crime piece for the Miami Herald on which this film is based.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Pain & Gain was written by Pete Collins a crime reporter who has flown under the radar as to his spectacular work and talent.

Collins has been featured on 60 Minutes regarding another story he did and I believe that story is one of Mike Wallace's all time favorites.

As you read Pain & Gain Collins’ extraordinary writing skills makes the reader feel to be an eye-witness to what was transpiring. It's a chilling read and one you can't put down once you're past the first few sentences.

Collins has two other stories that are *at least* on the level ofPain & Gain and *possibly even better*.

PAIN & GAIN has been compared, in ironic and tongue-in-cheek ways, to Carl Hiaasen--on steroids.

That's because Daniel Lugo, Sun Gym manager, the genuinely charismatic leader of better-weightlifting-through-injectable-anabolic-steroids, got his Sun Gym job with "convict" as

his previous occupation. Lugo then "masterminded" a series of crimes in Miami now remembered as a book/film cocktail of In Cold Blood, The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight,

Pumping Iron--and, yes, FARGO and PULP FICTION.

Daniel Lugo played his everyday role on Miami's streets until the police closed the show. Now he stars on Florida's Death Row with his Sun Gym sidekick Adrian Doorbal.

Here's hoping The Rock gets the opportunity to portray this rich, fascinating, damaged character.

P.S. Although I appreciate the shout-out from RedQueenar, one minor correction: the original PAIN & GAIN, parts 1-3, appeared in Miami New Times weekly.