Thread: Spielberg wants Bay for TF4! Michael Bay is considering

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Default Spielberg wants Bay for TF4! Michael Bay is considering

(Thanks to a post on TFW2005)

http://www.slashfilm.com/steven-spie...ull-criticism/

STEVEN SPIELBERG

Quote:

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly for these quotes which are from their current issue. We’ll start with Transformers for reasons that will become obvious later.

The question was asked if Spielberg thought there would be another Michael BayTransformers movie to which he said:

I hope so, because I think he made the best of the three with this last one. I certainly can’t imagine anybody other than Michael being equipped to make another Transformers. He’s invented a genre and he’s got the secret formula.

This goes along with Bay’s recent quote to the Channel News Asia at the opening of Transformers: The Ride (thanks to /Film reader Jeremy J for the find):

How did I know someone’s going to ask me this question today? We’re talking about it, but there’s nothing right now. I’m going to do a tiny movie first, then we’ll talk about it, if I potentially do it.

So, once Bay does his small movie, if both he and Spielberg want it to happen, it’ll happen. We know Hasbro

and many others are certainly hoping so. The franchise is a massive money maker for everyone involved.

Also, when Michael Bay was asked by Channel News Asia about TF4
    he said
    :
    How did I know someone’s going to ask me this question today? We’re talking about it, but there’s nothing right now. I’m going to do a tiny movie first, then we’ll talk about it, if I potentially do it.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Default Re: Spielberg wants Bay for TF4! Michael Bay is considering

I'm with Spielberg! I want Mr. Bay to do another film, too!
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

Don't worry, there will be a TF4 from Bay! I can feel it!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Don't worry, there will be a TF4 from Bay! I can feel it!
    Yep, I feel disturbance in the force too.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Yep, I feel disturbance in the force too.
    Hey, You Stole My Line!
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

I like what he added in the other article:

.... if he is to produce another Transformers movie, it will feature the latest in cinema technology.
    So I think we'll be happy either way.

Thanks Nelson for the post!

Some advice for Paramount/Dreamworks: Be patient. Let Michael shoot PAIN & GAIN first. The man needs a respite from giant robots after three movies. I know "strike while the iron's hot" is probably a popular phrase in Hollywood, but in this case not forcing TF4 right out the gate might be more beneficial for everyone, including the box office. That way, all of the parties could return to the franchise rested, excited, and ready to go. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES is a good example of creative fatigue & burnout setting in, regardless of the film's financial success.

There will be great to see the return for Sir Michael Bay to direct TF4 & 5 back to back...but something really important to not follow the mistake like TF2 & 3...its disappointed...
    For being a super fans of Transformers,I really hope Mr Bay can notice the points i mentioned as below:-
    1. No Protoform Soldier & Aliens Ship
    2. No Human Face looked & old robots
    3. Enough screen time with every Decepticons & Autobots (don't just totally show Bee & Optimus)
    4. Make Decepticons hard to defeat, don't simply die in blink of an eye
    5. Give identity for every robots,if can let them talk also
    6. More robots screen time compare to humans
    7. Heavy duty vehicle, don't always sports car
    8. Unique weapon systems, if can different robots got their own special & powerful weaponry
    9. Show more transformations on each robot character,don't just show their robot mode only
    11. Combiners (not like devastator slow motion and gorilla looked)
    12. Creative action sequences
    13. Solid Script, if can really hope James Cameron can provide a Script for Michael Bay, just don't find Ehren Kruger again, his imagination really lousy
    I really hope Michael Bay can noticed and done it well in TF4 & 5...I also know that bigger budget is need to achieve the points i wrote but i think will worth it cause i can guarantee it will at least gross US1.2billion in box office, so why not?Every fans in this world will happy and satisfy to see that...I really hope Michael Bay can consider...thanks very much...

Nice points and I hope Bay considers them...but it's too early now. If Bay does really decide to do it, it most likely won't come out until 2014.

Im taking notes and will assemble a team of monkeys to solve the problems

Quote Originally Posted by saberrider View Post
    There will be great to see the return for Sir Michael Bay to direct TF4 & 5 back to back...but something really important to not follow the mistake like TF2 & 3...its disappointed...
    For being a super fans of Transformers,I really hope Mr Bay can notice the points i mentioned as below:-
    1. No Protoform Soldier & Aliens Ship
    2. No Human Face looked & old robots
    3. Enough screen time with every Decepticons... ...

there is one thing i must agree on and that is the more screen time for the Dcons

" Creative action sequences "
    seriously you are giving this advice to MICHAEL BAY.

He’s invented a genre and he’s got the secret formula.
    The visual formula of Rock'n'Roll baby! XD
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I am not on board with idea at all. First off, every canon decepticon that started the trilogy is dead, Cybertron has been sent to god knows where and basically the war is over. There is no point in making an extra sequel unless they bring Unicron. Which I can see as not happening. I am not at all hating this, I mean it's perfectly acceptable their doing another sequel, but just leave the director of the last three out of it. Like Nelson said in a past comment "It's time to move on." :wtf : rol

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippogriffomon45 View Post
    ...I mean it's perfectly acceptable their doing another sequel, but just leave the director of the last three out of it.

+ 1

He can still be a producer of "Transformers 4", but as a director he should just move on. A trilogy is more than enough, and he certainly did a good job with it. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I still think Bay needs to be a part of this, say as a producer. I'd like to see some new blood take the reigns and run with it. Just need Bay around to "help" him out.

Also, if they do a number 4, I'd like to see Ehren Kruger write it. I think he did a stellar job with DOTM.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippogriffomon45 View Post
    I am not on board with idea at all. First off, every canon decepticon that started the trilogy is dead, Cybertron has been sent to god knows where and basically the war is over. There is no point in making an extra sequel unless they bring Unicron. Which I can see as not happening. I am not at all hating this, I mean it's perfectly acceptable their doing another sequel, but just leave the director of the last three out of it. Like Nelson said in a past comment "It's time to move on." :wtf : rol

You know there's so many theories floating around as to whether Cybertron still exists or has been destroyed. I personally believe that Cybertron still exists. The Autobots would do nothing to put their home world at risk.

Secondly, why oh why does Unicron have to be the next baddy for a trilogy? There are plenty of other major Decepticon characters out there that have commanded the Decepticon army or who are serious threats all on their own.
    Want some examples? Try Galvatron, Black Zarak, Thunderwing, Jhiaxus, Deathsaurus, LioKaiser, Liege Maximo, Trypticon, Tidal Wave and then you could have plenty of supporting characters like Skywarp, Thundercracker, Cyclonus, Scourge, the Duocons, Seacons, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Soundblaster etc etc etc etc

Remember, the Transformers universe is endless and more than meets the eye

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...mers-film.html

Pretty much everything we've already heard but from a different source that claims to be very positive that Bay will be doing TF4 after Pain & Gain.

"while Paramount “does not have a closed deal” with Bay, the studio “is not far from closing” on one, either, and that an announcement could come as early as next week."

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Oh haha, totally didn't see that thread

bay said he's nothing is set in stone yet
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

In my very first post I commented - TF without MB, well erm no good :head

MB please return 'no pain no gain' bro!

He can still do Pain & Gain and carry on with the TF stuff.

TF4 and 5 has to happen. Doing these films without MB wouldn't be the same. It'll be LUCAS not doing Star Wars - aint gonna happen! Keep continuity Bay has to do them, it''ll be his legacy.

People moan at the films re TF2 but hay which other freakin person would have done them as good, erm no one!

Great films MB.

If whatever circulating around the net turns out to be true well fook me, Bay all the way the waiting for the movie begins!

I challenge Bay and Co. to attempt Unicron. Seriously, this would be one major milestone if they could pull it off. It would also give you the segway to bringing Megatron back to life as Galvatron. Perhaps Earth ships off the dead cons in a shuttle or something. Or the remaining cons pick up Megs and the others and carry them off into space... where they come across Unicron... who 'summon's them and turns them into Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge etc... then sends them off to attack Ultra Magnus to destroy the....... oh wait.

No really... Do it. Unicron could be amazing. Imagine if the opening credits for the movie were a copy of the opening credits of the 1986 animated movie, with Unicron devouring a planet. I think fan boys would literally scream and cry at the same time. LOL. I would.