Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to the Bad Boys II Bluray?

Default Whatever happened to the Bad Boys II Bluray?

I remember it having a September release date at one point and that passed with no news of it. Is this still planned? Or has it been scrapped?

Default Re: Whatever happened to the Bad Boys II Bluray?

I certainly hope that it hasn't been scraped!

I want a full collection of Blu- ray Bay-os!
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

This is one of the best questions I have read on this forum thus far. When is the Bad Boys 11 Blu-ray being released. Its the only one out of my Bayhem collection that I dont have on Bluray. Plus it would be an insane awesome bluray. Hope we hear news on this one because we have all been waiting for years.
    Other than that hope everything is going amazing with Bay and Co.

Yes we need this movie on high def rightaway then i'll replace my old DVD for the Blu.

Well, I found this on blu-ray.com
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bad-Boys-II-Blu-ray/194/

It says that it will be released on January 10th. Which is kind a strange, since it was supposed to be released on December 7th in Sweden, the same day that TF3 is released here on dvd and blu-ray.
    Now a movie site here in Sweden where i order most of my movies, says that it has been pulled back by the movie company.:wtf
    http://www.discshop.se/filmer/bluray...blu_ray/P92958
    (the text is red and written in Swedish)

I agree! I have been waiting for years for this to come out!

Does anybody know why Bad Boys 2 on Blu-ray doesn't have a release date?
    First it was supposed to come out in December 2011, then it got pushed to January 2012 and now it doesn't even have a release date?
    :wtf is going on?

I guess Michael is too busy with the limited edition TF trilogy Blu-ray release and the prep for P&G.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I guess Michael is too busy with the limited edition TF trilogy Blu-ray release and the prep for P&G.
    So what you are saying is that the economic situation is so poor in the States, that Columbia Pictures doesn't even have the money to burn the Bad Boys 2 Blu-ray discs? So Michael Bay has to burn the discs one by one with his Blu-ray burner that he has on his computer?
    Man that sucks! You know how long it's gonna take him to burn a couple of hundred thousand copies with his laptop? We can be lucky if he's finished by 2025...

The case that you talk about is only if they do a complete copy of the DVD content and the art of the cover. I don't think they'll do that, especially with the delay. Don't forget that they have to transfer the movie and special features to HD. This HD transfer actually delayed the release of the DOTM Blu-ray with special features. Michael is always very closely involved with the Blu-ray releases of his movies (the transfer, the special features and the art of the box). So it's not as simple as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    The case that you talk about is only if they do a complete copy of the DVD content and the art of the cover. I don't think they'll do that, especially with the delay. Don't forget that they have to transfer the movie and special features to HD. This HD transfer actually delayed the release of the DOTM Blu-ray with special features. Michael is always very closely involved with the Blu-ray releases of his movies (the transfer, the special features and the art of the box). So it's not as simple as you think.
    I have Bad Boys on Blu-ray and I didn't see any difference compared to the DVD version, besides that it had DTS-HD Master audio sound and 1080p picture. Haven't watched the special features though, but I don't believe there's a ton of extra stuff compared to the DVD version.
    Bad Boys 2 is such an old movie anyways, so why not just convert the DVD to a Blu-ray format and fix the sound to 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio?
    Unless he got such a rush from the 7.1 DTS-HD Master audio sound that he had on DOTM, that he now wants to have 7.1 sound on Bad Boys 2 too.
    But I don't think that will be the case...

Albershide:
    Michael is always very closely involved with the Blu-ray releases of his movies (the transfer, the special features and the art of the box). So it's not as simple as you think.
    After looking what sound Pearl Harbor and The Rock has on Blu-ray, I just wonder how closely Michael Bay is involved with the Blu-ray releases of his movies? They both have just plain Dolby Digital 5.1 sound! It makes one just wonder why that is the case if he's so closely involved with the Blu-ray releases, when everybody knows that the DTS-HD Master audio is the best sound you can get on a Blu-ray disc.
    If he's so closely involved and wants everything to be exact the way he wants, then why didn't he put the best sound you can get on these two movies then?
    I just wish they could release Bad Boys 2 soon on Blu-ray and convert the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound from the DVD to DTS-HD Master audio just like they did with Bad Boys. Now I don't work in the movie industry, so I don't know how easy or difficult and time consuming that is, but it seems like they do it all the time, since they release old movies that already exist on DVD on Blu-ray with DTS-HD Master audio sound every single week...

Bad Boys II has been on HBO in the last couple days, and I've been reminded about just how badass a movie it is. Being able to watch it in HBO HD has been great, but it really makes me wanting a 1080p correct aspect ratio version. The action is fantastic and Bay makes Miami look like the coolest place on the planet. For that reason alone I can't wait for Pain and Gain.

I'm shocked it hasn't been released yet on Blu-ray. I hope it shows up sooner rather than later.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Does ANYBODY have any news about the release date of the Bad Boys II Blu-ray?
    Mr.Bay?
    Nelson?

I just would like to know what's the hold up? Why is it so hard to release the movie on Blu-ray?
    I would like to see a release date on this site as soon as possible.

Don't worry guys let it earn some money first
    It's on RTL5 here right now
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

OK. When you don't get any answers here, you ask the movie company and that's what I did. I asked Sony Entertainment that why did they pull back the Bad Boys II Blu-ray. The reason is that "Because Michael Bay wanted to be more involved in the product that is going to be released. Taking the fact that Michael Bay has now other projects going on and the fact that there has been talk about making Bad Boys 3, we believe that the Bad Boys 2 Blu-ray will most likely be released when Bad Boys 3 premiers at the movies."
    So now we can close this thing for the next 5 to 7 years, cause that's how long it will take to finish P & G, TF4, the Turtles and Bad Boys 3.
    Shit. Now I have to buy Bad Boys 2 again on DVD, cause I gave away the one I had, cause I believed that the Blu-ray would be released soon.
    Luckily it only costs 49SEK, which is about $7.35...

Wouw that's accually pretty cool to hear thanks for sharing this with us!
    I really don't mind if Michael wants to release a better quality product , i'm really glad he's doing this. 'll watch it on tv here everytime it's on then
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    The reason is that "Because Michael Bay wanted to be more involved in the product that is going to be released. Taking the fact that Michael Bay has now other projects going on
    I guess here I have to say told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    the fact that there has been talk about making Bad Boys 3, we believe that the Bad Boys 2 Blu-ray will most likely be released when Bad Boys 3 premiers at the movies."
    Hmm, so there's indeed a big possibility for Bad Boys 3 after TF4??? That would be great, but it's too early to cheer I guess. Plenty of projects before that and anything can happen. I guess it won't happen before 2016.

I just wish Bay would have release Bad Boys 2 on Blu-ray just like he did with Bad Boys. Take the DVD version and make the picture to 1080p and make the sound DTS-HD Master audio 5.1. But if he'll make a Director's Cut of Bad Boys 2 and ad deleted scenes to the Blu-ray version, then I guess it will be worth waiting for...

Hello guys.
    Any news about this thread?
    One Night of Fire, One Shot at Glory

BayProject - Tribute to Michael Bay

Yeah really. I also hope we get a new Bad Boys 1 Blu Ray. The one we got was pretty grainy. It almost looks like an uprezzed SD master.
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Know what I would like to see? I would like to see 'Bay Edition' versions of the Blu-Rays. These would be the premier versions of his films.

In other words all Bay edition BluRays would have as required:

* Pristine conversion and digital enhancement from the original source material when possible for both video and audio with 4K support.

* Enhanced Commentary

* New interviews with some cast/crew and Mr. Bay himself

* Extra features not available in other BluRay or DVD versions of the same film

* Set up as limited editions

* Includes extra content chosen by Mr. Bay himself

* Includes both the original and Directors Cut of the film

* Each one would come with coupons to save off the other BluRays as well

These would be the premiere BluRays of Mr. Bays movies.

His movies deserve the premiere treatment. Especially the big budget ones. None of these DVD to BluRay transfers that usually are fails and don't showcase the awesomeness of his movies.

Germantown, Tennessee, United States, 108188919203286, Germantown, Tennessee

Cool Re: Whatever happened to the Bad Boys II Bluray?

When Bad Boys II comes out to Blu-ray. I hope it is Mastered in DTS!! That would be sick. Sony Pictures needs to stop playing and bring it to blu-ray!! WHEN????????????????? Bad Boys II blu-ray.

http://michaelbay.com/2015/09/17/bad...ry-collection/

I already pre-ordered it.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I already pre-ordered it.
    Just did the same thing. A lot of people are excited for this release and I'm certain Sony will make a lot of money.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."