Thread: Transformers Animated Series

Banned

Default Transformers Animated Series

I have been watching this new episode, Transform and Roll Out of the Transformers Animated Series on YouTube, since I don't have Comedy Central. I must say, its different, but nonetheless, since its Transformers, I like it, and a heck of a lot better than Beast Machines!.

I love the way the episode starts off with Optimus Prime analyzing old history lessons of Transformers, and its actually from the G1 series!!!

I remember someone saying something about that the voice for Starscream was actually the same person that voiced over Spongebob. Knowing that, I tried listening for it, but then noticed Bulkhead sort of sounds like the same person that voiced Patrick on the Spongebob Squarepants show. Maybe its just me.

Default Re: Transformers Animated Series

I think the new cartoon blows.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    I have been watching this new episode, Transform and Roll Out of the Transformers Animated Series on YouTube, since I don't have Comedy Central. I must say, its different, but nonetheless, since its Transformers, I like it, and a heck of a lot better than Beast Machines!.

I love the way the episode starts off with Optimus Prime analyzing old history lessons of Transformers, and its actually from the G1 series!!!

I remember someone saying something about that the voice for Starscream was actually the same person that voiced over Spongebob. Knowing that, I tried listening for it, but then noticed Bulkhead sort of sounds like the same person that voiced Patrick on the Spongebob Squarepants show. Maybe its just me.
    Ya Smoke I thought that too about Bulkhead and his voice. The only thing I dont understand is... and I may have missed something so this time please correct me if Im wrong, but Optimus is a young worker bot in this cartoon that was not around during the g-1 era. As far as I can tell Ratchet was the only one. But what I dont get is if Optimus is not the leader of the Autobots as a hole then why dose he have the Prime name? Again if I missed something please fill me in. He's fresh from the accadamy so dose he already carry the leadership matrix thuse haveing the Prime name.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    Ya Smoke I thought that too about Bulkhead and his voice. The only thing I dont understand is... and I may have missed something so this time please correct me if Im wrong, but Optimus is a young worker bot in this cartoon that was not around during the g-1 era. As far as I can tell Ratchet was the only one. But what I dont get is if Optimus is not the leader of the Autobots as a hole then why dose he have the Prime name? Again if I missed something please fill me in. He's fresh from the accadamy so dose he already carry the leadership matrix thuse haveing the Prime name.
    From what I got out of it, Ultra Magnus was pretty much the leader of the Autobots. And second in command was Sentinel. Or maybe thats just a robot that acts as a secretary to Ultra Magnus.. not sure there.. They said he trained at Autobot Academy.. not that he was fresh out of it, but it sounded like he had been leading this group of bridge builders across the galaxy. Yes it sounds like Ratchet had been around since the great wars which doesn't make sense, because I thought he was destroyed on the ship at the very beginning of the 1986 movie. Maybe I'm thinking of Ironhide. Actually, I thought they were both destroyed by Megatron. I can't figure out why he seems to be such a "young" bot, or why he's only considered leader of the Earth team Autobots, and not the entire group. Perhaps as the story progresses, they'll fill us in more. When Sari inserted her key into Prime to help give him life back, it showed his spark within his chest, but it didn't show a Matrix. So I'm guessing that for now, the answer to your question is no.

It does blow. They don't look nothing like they should.

~Fuzzy

Not even my 4yo nephew likes it and he loves TF. They ruined it with the anime influence. On top of that, Optimus acts like a whiny bitch.

Banned

From what I got out of it, Ultra Magnus was pretty much the leader of the Autobots. And second in command was Sentinel. Or maybe thats just a robot that acts as a secretary to Ultra Magnus.. not sure there.. They said he trained at Autobot Academy.. not that he was fresh out of it, but it sounded like he had been leading this group of bridge builders across the galaxy. Yes it sounds like Ratchet had been around since the great wars which doesn't make sense, because I thought he was destroyed on the ship at the very beginning of the 1986 movie. Maybe I'm thinking of Ironhide. Actually, I thought they were both destroyed by Megatron. I can't figure out why he seems to be such a "young" bot, or why he's only considered leader of the Earth team Autobots, and not the entire group. Perhaps as the story progresses, they'll fill us in more. When Sari inserted her key into Prime to help give him life back, it showed his spark within his chest, but it didn't show a Matrix. So I'm guessing that for now, the answer to your question is no.
    Ok thanks for the help. But im still confused on why he has the Prime name if he is not yet Prime. You get what im saying?

I hear ya man. It's pretty dreadful, I have yet to watch an entire episode. Too cute, it's like that cartoon Ben 10, just stupid crap happening on screen and lots of flashing lights.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

Exclamation Re: Transformers Animated Series

Nope, it's not just you. I heard it too!!! AND I was the one who told you! *Emo tear* You can't even give me credit! Jk. Anyways, okay folks, be respectful. Some people like Animated, me being one, and it's rude to just go and say 'DIS SHOW SUKZ!'. And I know none of you were that rude about it but still. I love G1, I'm probably one of the few who liked Beast Wars, Energon series was cool, the movie absolutly ROCKED(my opinion, sorry to those who don't like it), and so far Animated is wicked! But those are my opinion and I will not force it on anyone. I just ask that you be a bit kinder with your words. I don't mean to sound rude so if I do, sorry. I understand you don't like it. Can you tell me why or do just not like it? *If you already said why, ignore me*

I for one love TF: A. I like it's new style. It's different, out there! Something new! To those who never watched it just because of it's new looks, just try and give it a chance! Watch it one time. That's all I ask. If you watched and don't like it, okay. I understand. I was kinda weird with it but when I watched it, I was so glad I did! It seems light hearted and kiddie but it's only the beginning of the series. You never know when it might make a turn.

As for Prime have Prime in his name, I think it's just one of those things they didn't want to change, even though it now makes no sence. I'll let them get away with that mistake but the next one, we'll see.

Now, I know this series isn't the best series but it isn't the worst. At least not in my eyes. I think many will say Beast Machines is by far the worst.

Let's keep this a nice place to chat about TF!

I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND.
    Freedom of speech is great and all, but say it polite or don't say it at all.
    Please call me Ditto.

Why exactly is this in the TF2 thread?

*back to work for me now!*
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post

I have no clue.

Lawl.
    Last edited by MovinForward; 01-16-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Lawl.
    Please call me Ditto.

as far as the new cartoon is concerned, there are quit a few things I love about it, such as characters and looks. however, the story has been so dumbed down, it is hard to not be sickened by it. at the very least, it is a step in the right direction.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    as far as the new cartoon is concerned, there are quit a few things I love about it, such as characters and looks. however, the story has been so dumbed down, it is hard to not be sickened by it. at the very least, it is a step in the right direction.
    That's what I think but, once again, it's only the beginning. It can go ny direction from here on out.
    Please call me Ditto.

Oh my god, I just checked and the guy who does Bulkhead IS the guy who does Patrick from Spongebob. O___O..... OMG....
    Please call me Ditto.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post

so all transformers stuff should be in the tf forums. Some people get annoyed seeing tf stuff all over the place. some people come here to talk about film making and other bay films it's a courtesy to them basically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    so all transformers stuff should be in the tf forums. Some people get annoyed seeing tf stuff all over the place. some people come here to talk about film making and other bay films it's a courtesy to them basically.
    Well then my apologies. Didn't mean to step on anybodies toes by adding a thread in the wrong place. Since you are a moderator, move it to the general Transformers forums then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MovinForward View Post
    Oh my god, I just checked and the guy who does Bulkhead IS the guy who does Patrick from Spongebob. O___O..... OMG....

Yes.. apparently Tom Kenny does the voice for Spongebob and Starscream, and Bill Fagerbakke does the voice for Patrick and Bulkhead.

My apologies, I guess I didn't realize you pointed out the characters voices before. I just observed that while watching the cartoon.. I only remember the conversation about Starscream/Spongebob.

Well then my apologies. Didn't mean to step on anybodies toes by adding a thread in the wrong place. Since you are a moderator, move it to the general Transformers forums then.
    you didn't you put it in one of the tf forums. I was saying there was nothing wrong with where you put this thread

I personally am loving this new cartoon, it's the best thing we've had since Beat Wars IMO. As far the visuals I think TFs' needed this take in order to appeal to its target audience, but it is growing on me.

The problem with the new cartoon is that it is basically a redefined G1 series. The robots dont look like robots, they barely even transformer. They may have repeated a few characters names, but they are not the same from before. Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet are v2.0, or v0.5, whichever way you want to look at them they arn't the characters fans grew to love.

Hasbro has failed again with this series. Great thing they have Michael Bay to keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    I personally am loving this new cartoon, it's the best thing we've had since Beat Wars IMO. As far the visuals I think TFs' needed this take in order to appeal to its target audience, but it is growing on me.
    Are we on the same mind wave length or something? Lawl, I agree! *Nod nod*
    Please call me Ditto.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    The problem with the new cartoon is that it is basically a redefined G1 series. The robots dont look like robots, they barely even transformer. They may have repeated a few characters names, but they are not the same from before. Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet are v2.0, or v0.5, whichever way you want to look at them they arn't the characters fans grew to love.

Hasbro has failed again with this series. Great thing they have Michael Bay to keep it alive.
    So far, I liked how G1 continued on into Beast Wars (with the nod to the Ark when the Maximals located it, and all of its dormant residents.) Then it continued on into Beast Machines, which was nice, if it wasn't for the fact that some hippy spiritualist decided.. hey.. lets make them mutate.. bad choice there. The vehicons were good minus the fact they turned Rhinox into an evil Tankorr .. grrrr..

They kind of failed at the reincarnation of a V 2.0 series with Robots in Disguise or RID or Car Robots, wherever a person may be from. It was a good start at the series, but they never went further with it. I saw all sorts of possibilities where they could have, but they chose not to.

Apparently they decided it was time for another change which is where the Armada (v3.0), Energon (v3.1), and Cybertron (v3.2) series came in. That was another good go at a continuum for characters, possibilities, and new types of artwork. They were trying something new, seeing how it fit, and seeing how well people liked it. I didn't think it was half bad at all..

I think they are doing the same thing with the new Animated series (v 4.0).. trying to see how well people would like this type of artwork. Apparently it worked with other series such as Batman, or other superheroes, and seeing how well it will work with robotic heroes. I believe its a good try at it, especially to try to hook younger kids who are growing up with the manga type anime cartoon artwork. But it just doesn't seem realistic. Here there are these heavy chested, tall skinny lookin transformers (minus Bulkhead of course), that transform into these vehicles, and it just doesn't look like it fits. It's just odd.. perhaps it will grow on us.. maybe not. We'll just have to see after a while. My guess is that it will be around for a year or 2 and they'll come out with a totally new series or different artwork, perhaps CGI based as well. I do like a couple of the little nods to G1 as well as some of the gimmicks they have within the show. Such as when Sari jumps in Bumblebee and asks if she can breathe underwater. Bumblebee replies, oh of course... uhh.. whats breathe? LOL.. that just got me going right there.. umm.. yeah.. ok.. maybe thats just me.. but eh.. oh well..

Personally, I wish they actually made a cartoon out of the Alternators/Binaltech toys. There were so many of the toys that were put out.. they had that G1 feel, but they were real cars out on the market that actually LOOKED like the cars.. Oh well.. guess thats what movies are for.
    Last edited by Smokescreen_5; 01-17-2008 at 12:11 AM.

So far, I liked how G1 continued on into Beast Wars (with the nod to the Ark when the Maximals located it, and all of its dormant residents.) Then it continued on into Beast Machines, which was nice, if it wasn't for the fact that some hippy spiritualist decided.. hey.. lets make them mutate.. bad choice there. The vehicons were good minus the fact they turned Rhinox into an evil Tankorr .. grrrr..

They kind of failed at the reincarnation of a V 2.0 series with Robots in Disguise or RID or Car Robots, wherever a person may be from. It was a good start at the series, but they never went further with it. I saw all sorts of possibilities where they could have, but they chose not to.

Apparently they decided it was time for another change which is where the Armada (v3.0), Energon (v3.1), and Cybertron (v3.2) series came in. That was another good go at a continuum for characters, possibilities, and new types of artwork. They were trying something new, seeing how it fit, and seeing how well people liked it. I didn't think it was half bad at all..

I think they are doing the same thing with the new Animated series (v 4.0).. trying to see how well people would like this type of artwork. Apparently it worked with other series such as Batman, or other superheroes, and seeing how well it will work with robotic heroes. I believe its a good try at it, especially to try to hook younger kids who are growing up with the manga type anime cartoon artwork. But it just doesn't seem realistic. Here there are these heavy chested, tall skinny lookin transformers (minus Bulkhead of course), that transform into these vehicles, and it just doesn't look like it fits. It's just odd.. perhaps it will grow on us.. maybe not. We'll just have to see after a while. My guess is that it will be around for a year or 2 and they'll come out with a totally new series or different artwork, perhaps CGI based as well. I do like a couple of the little nods to G1 as well as some of the gimmicks they have within the show. Such as when Sari jumps in Bumblebee and asks if she can breathe underwater. Bumblebee replies, oh of course... uhh.. whats breathe? LOL.. that just got me going right there.. umm.. yeah.. ok.. maybe thats just me.. but eh.. oh well..

Personally, I wish they actually made a cartoon out of the Alternators/Binaltech toys. There were so many of the toys that were put out.. they had that G1 feel, but they were real cars out on the market that actually LOOKED like the cars.. Oh well.. guess thats what movies are for.
    I don't think the guy who did batman has anything to do with this series. it's more like a teen titans look. the look that batman is associated with is the same one the jackie chan series had. Jeff matsuda actually left the batman sometime after they tried to make the series closer to bruce timms style

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    I don't think the guy who did batman has anything to do with this series. it's more like a teen titans look. the look that batman is associated with is the same one the jackie chan series had. Jeff matsuda actually left the batman sometime after they tried to make the series closer to bruce timms style
    Oh ok. I haven't sat down and watched the Batman series.. just trying to remember from commercials and noticed the body shapes were similar.

Let me tell you, to me Bruce Timm's art is iconic, perfection. Not only am I a huge fan of the animation he's had a hand in, but the comics too, heck I'm even a fan of the artists who draw in his style. Truth be told though, I've always been the type who prefers the simpler, bolder lines of the likes of Jack Kirby, Alex Toth, Fleisher.
    - Omar B.