Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers3: 3D, Ultimate or with special features Blu-ray?

Default Re: Transformers3: 3D, Ultimate or with special features Blu-ray?

The wait on an extended DOTM bluray set seems like forever, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Still no word?

Default Re: Transformers 3D Blu-ray?

The link that Albershide posted earlier in this thread says Dec. 6th for the American release. This release has 3 Blu Rays and 1 DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    It's like Majestick said.

1 disc - movie on 3D blu ray
    1 disc - movie on 2D blu-ray
    1 disc - movie on DVD
    1 disc - movie on CD (digital copy)
    I'm assuming that the digital copy is on the DVD or available for download using the purchased set of discs (can someone who has the current triple-play release please confirm this?), so I think the 3rd Blu Ray has special features on it.

yah I waited for this and now going to have to wait longer, some people in the know on Blu-ray forums said it in January now.

Man, I saw DOTM in HMV this week (UK store), and gutted there are no special features. The special features on the first 2 films are great and I was really, really looking forward to them for DOTM.

So am I expected to pay around 16 for just the film. And then buy the film again when the special edition comes out in around 12 months for the same price? Around 30 for the same film? Eff that! I'm downloading the film off a torrent first, then buying the special edition.

I know this was probably out of Bay's hands, but his genuine fans have been screwed over here by the studio for the sake of Christmas profit.
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

The 3D version isn't listed anywhere now. I'm going to be mad if they delayed it.
    Transformers 4 - Summer 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BAYisBEAST View Post
    The 3D version isn't listed anywhere now. I'm going to be mad if they delayed it.
    Were getting it in February 2012, this version:

btw, any smokers here? or wanting to buy a candle lighter this Christmas? take a look here... ;D

http://www.botsave.com/black-ice-tra...ippo-p-80.html

Awesome Transformers Zippo's ;D
    To bad the Megatron Zippo says "MegatronT" lol
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Were getting it in February 2012, this version:
    Pardon my French, but that f***ing blows! We have to wait 2 more months now! I was told it would be out this Tuesday, then they delay it at the last minute. I still plan on buying it, but this is ridiculous.
    Transformers 4 - Summer 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BAYisBEAST View Post
    Pardon my French, but that f***ing blows! We have to wait 2 more months now! I was told it would be out this Tuesday, then they delay it at the last minute. I still plan on buying it, but this is ridiculous.
    The release date of the version that Flying quoted is for Europe. The US should get it before that. Now my bets go for January. Maybe it'll be around January 31 when the limited edition is released.

By the way a member from Blu-ray.com said the following:

I work in merchandising for a major retailer and saw when I was loading the new releases for January that the 3D version will be out Jan 24th.
    As we know the 3D version is supposed to include bonus materials. Of course this guy could be anyone but still it's a new info/rumor. It's exactly one week before the limited edition release on January 31 and it kinda makes sense that the studio wants to sell the regular edition for Christmas and in 2012 the new one.

Also Blu-ray.com revealed the cover art of the trilogy edition that will be released in December 13 in the US (it's already released in other countries with different cover art). There will be no special features on this one.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf...Blu-ray/26332/

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-T...3073209&sr=1-2

Why do they "Not" want to release a dvd with TF3 bonus features? Seriously getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    Why do they "Not" want to release a dvd with TF3 bonus features? Seriously getting old.
    I assume because all the bonus features are now shot in HD and down-converting the footage adds more time.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I assume because all the bonus features are now shot in HD and down-converting the footage adds more time.
    So, we're NOT getting TF3 bonus features ever? Your post seems
    like that's how it's going to be.
    I Fight Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by I Fight Giant Robots View Post
    So, we're NOT getting TF3 bonus features ever? Your post seems
    like that's how it's going to be.
    Naa man, he's saying they are down-converting it to a lower res. and fixing it up as if it seems as if it's the big HD looking footage, if not done properly its gonna look like sh*t and we don't want that of course the fans only want the good stuff, am i right? or am i right? :P

OR

Maybe they just want to keep us warm for the next TF movie you know if your stuck in a cave you don't eat all your rations you know, you take little bites every day thats how you stay alive bro :P i'm sure they are doing also the best they can with all of the business they are in it's gotta be crazy for them all that stuff doing all at once..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I was so looking forward to owning a copy of DOTM blu-Ray, with special features Disc...:lame by Christmas time. January is a long wait, but I'm so anxious to see concept art/ILM unseen renders of Soundwave and the Dreads.

Blu-ray.com has updated the page with DOTM 3D Blu-ray. Before it was listed that it consists of 3BD discs + 1DVD, now it's 2BDs + 1DVD. And the release date is set to January 31. The same date that the limited edition with Michael's autograph will be released according to Nelson. Also don't forget that Nelson said that if you buy the limited edition you get the 3D edition as bonus. So it makes sense that they are both released on the same date or somewhere around it (like the other rumor for the January 24 release). And I still wonder why they put "limited edition" on the cover of the 3D Blu-ray!?
    So I won't be surprised if this 3D edition will be sold together with the limited edition for a limited time only and a few weeks later maybe they'll release the regular Blu-rays and DVDs with the special features. In other words milking to the max.

Blu-ray.com has updated the page with DOTM 3D Blu-ray. Before it was listed that it consists of 3BD discs + 1DVD, now it's 2BDs + 1DVD. And the release date is set to January 31. The same date that the limited edition with Michael's autograph will be released according to Nelson. Also don't forget that Nelson said that if you buy the limited edition you get the 3D edition as bonus.
    Where is this info? Are we gonna be able to order the autographed version through michaelbay.com like they did for Revenge Of The Fallen? I was wondering if there was gonna be an autographed TF3 - if so show me the page so I can place my pre-order NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    or they want to make people switch to Blu-ray once and for all

Cool Re: Transformers3: 3D, Ultimate or with special features Blu-ray?

Blu-ray.com has updated the page with DOTM 3D Blu-ray. Before it was listed that it consists of 3BD discs + 1DVD, now it's 2BDs + 1DVD. And the release date is set to January 31. The same date that the limited edition with Michael's autograph will be released according to Nelson. Also don't forget that Nelson said that if you buy the limited edition you get the 3D edition as bonus. So it makes sense that they are both released on the same date or somewhere around it (like the other rumor for the January 24 release). And I still wonder why they put "limited edition" on the cover of the 3D Blu-ray!?
    So I won't be surprised if this 3D edition will be sold together with the limited edition for a limited time only and a few weeks later maybe they'll release the regular Blu-rays and DVDs with the special features. In other words milking to the max.
    Thanks Albershide for keeping us informed.
    I'll be waiting for any updates on a blu-Ray with special features.

I still don't own a dvd/bluray - which is odd, because I bought the DVD-Editions (with extras) for TF1 and TF2 on the first day it was released back then.
    But for TF3 there is still no dvd/bluray with extras available? (I'm not talking about a 3-movie set, and I'm also not talking about a 3D-version, I'm only talking about 2D-TF3 on bluray with extras)
    english is not my native language - but who cares?

One of my favorite things about a Michael Bay home release is his commentary. I'm holding out on buying the movie until I can get that commentary track.
    XBL: Double 979
    PSN: Double_979

What I don't get is why the 3D Special Edition contains two Blu-ray discs of the same movie? When you put a 3D Blu-ray disc in a non 3D Blu-ray player and you don't have a 3DTV either, you can watch the movie in regular 2D. So for for all of those who buy the 3D Special Edition and don't have a 3D player or TV, get two 2D discs of DOTM. Or didn't Paramount know that you can watch 3D Blu-rays in 2D with a non 3D player?...