Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Trailer Thread

Default Re: The Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Wait a sec, is this a teaser of the teaser? (Yo dawg we heard you liked teasers...) Because in the end it said "Watch the teaser on December 17th at iTunes Movie Trailers."
    I don't think it's a teaser of a teaser. It's the same trailer as on apple trailers site.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/p...kintodarkness/

Yes, this is a teaser of the teaser. The full teaser will be released on December 17 as the video showed.

From the creator of Phantasm & Bubba Ho Tep...

Danny Boyle's latest!

This better get an R-rating or else it doesn't get my money.

Two really cool cinematic game trailers. Watch in full HD and full screen!

Star Craft II: Hearts of the Swarm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomwpJyo7oM

Cyberpunk 2077
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to see this.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

^ Die hard in The White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to see this.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwx1f0kyNwI

Ed Fuego
    I thought Roland Emmerich was doing the exact same type of movie.

Doesn't look bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I thought Roland Emmerich was doing the exact same type of movie.

Doesn't look bad though.
    He is... called White House Down.

Looks like we have a regular Deep Impact vs. Armageddon situation brewing here.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Last night it was Super Bowl time and you all know what that means. A bunch of trailers had a their premieres!!
    Here's the first look of Fast 6!!!
    The 60 sec Super Bowl spot and it looks great!! An extended trailer premiers on Tuesday!

Here's the 90 sec Super Bowl spot for The Lone Ranger! Another movie I just can't wait to see this year! Let's ride kemo sabe!

Here's the first full length trailer for Fast 6! May 24th can't come fast enough!!

I'm pretty surprised that you can't see anywhere on the posters or trailers M. Night Shyamalan's name. Obviously they think that after The Last Airbender his name will not do much good. Which is wrong.

Here's the first trailer for Kick-Ass 2!

Trailer #2 for World War Z.

OK. So apparently Paramount is blocking these trailers. Fuckers...
    Suck this Paramount!!

The wait is over! Here's the first International trailer of The Wolverine!!

The first domestic trailer of The Wolverine.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Just saw the "White House Down" trailer. Now I like Emmerich, always have, but he really needs to start shooting real stuff. What I mean by that? Well, his action scenes are basically 95% CG imagery and the camera work is completely by-the-book. Even the flipping POTUS car in the trailer is CG. Come on Roland, that's not exactly the hardest stunt to pull. Not to mention that he's constantly relying heavily on CG helicopters (in pretty much all of his films). Even when they're not used in action scenes.I never really complain about movies and I'm in no position to tell Emmerich what to do, but as a fan of most of his films I would like to see him taking more chances and filming more realistic-looking and intense action scenes. Because that's the problem wih the action in his last few movies - unlike Tony/Ridley Scott and Bay, who put the audience literally in the middle of the action, Emmerich is "observing" the action with many wide shots and a few close-ups that do nothing to enhance the experience. "White House Down" is not a huge, sci-fi movie yet he still fills the screen with CG helicopters and CG cars. It's all just...too fake.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Just saw the "White House Down" trailer. Now I like Emmerich, always have, but he really needs to start shooting real stuff. What I mean by that? Well, his action scenes are basically 95% CG imagery and the camera work is completely by-the-book. Even the flipping POTUS car in the trailer is CG. Come on Roland, that's not exactly the hardest stunt to pull. Not to mention that he's constantly relying heavily on CG helicopters (in pretty much all of his films). Even when they're not used in action scenes.I never really complain about movies and I'm in no position to tell Emmerich what to do, but as a fan of most of his films I would like to see him taking more chances and filming more realistic-looking and intense action scenes. Because that's the problem wih the action in his last few movies - unlike Tony/Ridley Scott and Bay, who put the audience literally in the middle of the action, Emmerich is "observing" the action with many wide shots and a few close-ups that do nothing to enhance the experience. "White House Down" is not a huge, sci-fi movie yet he still fills the screen with CG helicopters and CG cars. It's all just...too fake.
    You're right about Emmerich's reliance on CGI, but looking at the trailers for both White House takeover movies, Olympus Has Fallen's action scenes looked much more fake to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    You're right about Emmerich's reliance on CGI, but looking at the trailers for both White House takeover movies, Olympus Has Fallen's action scenes looked much more fake to me.
    Probably because of the lower budget.

I gotta say, dueling movies are nothing new, but I'm sensing some striking parallels between the Olympus has Fallen vs. White House Down dual and the Deep Impact vs. Armageddon dual in 1998.

-The lower budget one was released earlier in the year, while the higher budget one was released in the summer.
    -Armageddon made more money in the box office, and I'm predicting the same with White House Down.
    -Deep Impact faired better with the critics. Olympus has Fallen has an 81% on RT. I'm not expecting White House Down to do as well with critics.
    -Both Deep Impact and Olympus has Fallen have Morgan Freeman working in the White House with "president" in his title. (He goes from VP to acting prez in OHF.)
    -Both Armageddon and White House Down are directed by big summer blockbuster directors.

Just something I've noticed. Of course, comparing Armageddon with White House down doesn't, in any shape or form, validate the potential for me to like White House Down. As far as I'm concerned, I am NOT a Roland Emmerich fan. I find his humor very bland ("That's a lot of fish!") and his reliance on CGI excessive and unnecessary. (Those CG wolves in The Day After Tomorrow, just...no.)

And what's with his obsession with destroying the White House? Now he's got an entire movie about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Probably because of the lower budget.

I gotta say, dueling movies are nothing new, but I'm sensing some striking parallels between the Olympus has Fallen vs. White House Down dual and the Deep Impact vs. Armageddon dual in 1998.

-The lower budget one was released earlier in the year, while the higher budget one was released in the summer.
    -Armageddon made more money in the box office, and I'm predicting the same with White House Down.
    -Deep Impact faired better with the critics. Olympus has Fallen has an 81% on RT. I'm not expecting White House Down to do as well with critics.
    -Both Deep Impact and Olympus has Fallen have Morgan Freeman working in the White House with "president" in his title. (He goes from VP to acting prez in OHF.)
    -Both Armageddon and White House Down are directed by big summer blockbuster directors.

Armaggeddon made more than Deep Impact because it was way more action packed. Deep Impact was more of a drama than a blockbuster action movie. I think they are very different movies.