Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TF1-2-3 trilogy Steel Set [ Update #3]

Default Re: TF1-2-3 trilogy Steel Set [ Update #3]

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf.../26038/#Review TRANSFORMERS DOTM 3D BLU RAY REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by aaditya15 View Post
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf.../26038/#Review TRANSFORMERS DOTM 3D BLU RAY REVIEW
    A little disappointed in the 3D portion of the review.

Ok, so I know there is all the behind the scenes, making of ans concept stuff as far as extra stuff on the Bluray and this is all great to watch a few times at least but, is there any extended scenes and or not seen in theaters scenes on any of the 3 movies in this set?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness 1 View Post
    Ok, so I know there is all the behind the scenes, making of ans concept stuff as far as extra stuff on the Bluray and this is all great to watch a few times at least but, is there any extended scenes and or not seen in theaters scenes on any of the 3 movies in this set?
    No, no new Extended/Deleted scenes that weren't on the previous releases, nor any on the DOTM blu-ray.
    Optimus: "Amazing! A booby trap that actually catches boobies!"

is the steel set "region coded"?

Blu-Ray DVD Regions Chart:
    Regions for Blu-ray standard Blu-ray discs may be encoded with a region code, intended to restrict the area of the world in which they can be played; similar to the DVD region codes. Blu-ray players sold in a certain region should only be able to play discs encoded for that region. The purpose of this system is to allow motion picture studios to control the various aspects of a release (including content, date, and, in particular, price) according to the region. Discs may also be produced without region coding, so they can be played on all devices
    Blu-Ray Region A: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
    Blu-Ray Region B:
    Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand
    Blu-Ray Region C: Pakistan, India, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia

source: http://www.220-electronics.com/dvd/m...dvd_player.htm

I live in region B and I'm kinda worried that I wont be able to play the disk :S

Quote Originally Posted by Kamrud View Post
    is the steel set "region coded"?

Blu-Ray DVD Regions Chart:
    Regions for Blu-ray standard Blu-ray discs may be encoded with a region code, intended to restrict the area of the world in which they can be played; similar to the DVD region codes. Blu-ray players sold in a certain region should only be able to play discs encoded for that region. The purpose of this system is to allow motion picture studios to control the various aspects of a release (including content, date, and, in particular, price) according to the region. Discs may also be produced without region coding, so they can be played on all devices
    Blu-Ray Region A: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
    Blu-Ray Region B:
    Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand
    Blu-Ray Region C: Pakistan, India, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia

source: http://www.220-electronics.com/dvd/m...dvd_player.htm

I live in region B and I'm kinda worried that I wont be able to play the disk :S
    Paramount is always Region Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    Paramount is always Region Free
    Well almost. A few weeks ago I was really surprised to find out that actually they have a region code on several great movies - Paranormal Activity, Gladiator, The Fighter, Braveheart, Dexter. But these are the only exceptions.

By the way there is a photo at TFW2005 in which you can see that the cost of the 7 disc set at Best Buy is $55 . That's a huge drop compared to Amazon's $90. I guess this can't be right because the Trilogy which has only 3 discs without any extras costs $40. The computer has to be wrong, because if you check online there is no such price. They have the regular trilogy at that price, maybe that's the confusion. Although it's starnge that Best Buy sell the regular trilogy for $55 and Amazon for $40

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=tf7ds.jpg

Thanks to BulkHead22 from TFW2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Well almost. A few weeks ago I was really surprised to find out that actually they have a region code on several great movies - Paranormal Activity, Gladiator, The Fighter, Braveheart, Dexter. But these are the only exceptions.

By the way there is a photo at TFW2005 in which you can see that the cost of the 7 disc set at Best Buy is $55 . That's a huge drop compared to Amazon's $90. I guess this can't be right because the Trilogy which has only 3 discs without any extras costs $40. The computer has to be wrong, because if you check online there is no such price. They have the regular trilogy at that price, maybe that's the confusion. Although it's starnge that Best Buy sell the regular trilogy for $55 and Amazon for $40

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=tf7ds.jpg

Thanks to BulkHead22 from TFW2005.
    Must have been a brief computing error, since it's back at 149.99.

so Best Buy is now selling the 7 disc set as well? I thought the 5000 copies were only being sold by Amazon and Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness 1 View Post
    so Best Buy is now selling the 7 disc set as well? I thought the 5000 copies were only being sold by Amazon and Walmart?
    Maybe they aren't selling as fast as they would like? So they are expanding
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Just got my shipping notification from Amazon.

Woot!

Amazon.com has just withdrawn $96.47 from my card too. The package is on the move.

Banned

mine says shipping soon..

Just got my notification.

Can't wait.

Aarrgghhh.. So jealous...! >.< i have to ask someone from the family if they can order mine (my dad has one but i'm not gonna ask he's acting like a 1st class a-hole these last 3 months and i bearly see him) with their Visa card i'm personally not gonna get one.. Maybe over a few years after the freakin economic crisis has ended...

Maybe someone from my surrounding countries could help me with this? UK, Germany, France, Luxembourg or maybe a fellow countrymen from Netherlands or Belgium maybe??? I can pay you back with PayPal or via bank transaction? PC banking..? Or send a cheque? Someone here willing to help me maybe???

Fly.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Aarrgghhh.. So jealous...! >.< i have to ask someone from the family if they can order mine (my dad has one but i'm not gonna ask he's acting like a 1st class a-hole these last 3 months and i bearly see him)
    So your father has a VISA but you're not asking him to lend it to you for one purchase but instead you ask people on the internet?
    I guess it would be easier if you get a VISA card yourself. I don't know how it is with your banks there but I got a VISA card called charge card. It's the same as the credit card but instead of spending a credit you spend only that what you personally put in it. The maintenance fee of this card is $20 a year. This is the best way to order from the internet without the burden of credits and it's cheap. Go check with your bank. Hope this helps.

Talking Re: TF1-2-3 trilogy Steel Set [ Update #3]

Has anyone gotten the 3D combo pack with the special features from Walmart? So far I've bought the last two movies from them. I've been saving a $10 gift card for this movie.

I just got done watching the bonus features - great job! One thing I did do was pop in the TF1 blu-ray and I was blown away by the much better quality of the movie. The sound was better, and the picture was better. I know there is a massive difference in quality between blu-ray and dvd, but since I didn't own TF1 on blu-ray, I was very pleasantly surprised.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by boudie13 View Post
    I just got done watching the bonus features - great job! One thing I did do was pop in the TF1 blu-ray and I was blown away by the much better quality of the movie. The sound was better, and the picture was better. I know there is a massive difference in quality between blu-ray and dvd, but since I didn't own TF1 on blu-ray, I was very pleasantly surprised.
    The difference in quality between the TF1 bluray and the TF3 bluray is almost as drastic as the DVD to bluray improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    The difference in quality between the TF1 bluray and the TF3 bluray is almost as drastic as the DVD to bluray improvements.
    I agree though - but after watching TF1 dvd for the last 4 years, the difference is remarkable. I do think that the DOTM blu-ray is superior.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

I gotta say, I feel kinda underwhelmed by the bonus features of DOTM...It's great - I've seen it like 2-3 times, but it just didn't feel as in-depth on a lot of aspects as I was hoping them to do...Like how did they get the idea of highway scene? How did they shoot the Sam on Starscream stuff with BB flipping off the wall? They showed a glimpse of a lot of things like a preview, but that was really all we saw of those shoots....I think ROTF extras was the best of the trilogy. Divided by nice topics, really in depth and really felt like we got start-finish making of.

And the music over every scene was a little distracting....

Over all, I was expecting more out of DOTM extras. Amazing packaging though, and I really think I got the best reel & autograph

Nelson, if I may ask, how many have been sold?

Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Nelson, if I may ask, how many have been sold?
    I too want to know.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    I too want to know.
    me three!

I recently found out that this edition won't have the full ILM spins of main robots or background characters, so that means standard DVD edition for me...oh well.