Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Farrar Confirms the Talks with Michael and TF4!

Default Scott Farrar Confirms the Talks with Michael and TF4!

Scott Farrar answered few questions for the Italian site Badtaste. He was discussing the VFX of the movies and the most interesting question was about the future of the franchise. He said:

"Paramount has asked me for a 4th movie and I'm willing to do another one and they're talking with Michael Bay about that."

Nice, huh?

Thanks to TFLAMB.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com...s-effects.html

Default Re: Scott Farrar Confirms the Talks with Michael and TF4!

A great news!
    I Rise,You Fall

Thanks for sharing Albershide!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Awesomeee!
    I Fight Giant Robots

I was seriously hoping that Michael would change his mind and be involved in some way. From his previous comments it wont be in the same way but I am thrilled he may still have something to do with it.

Just the news that the franchise is going to be continued makes me a happy girl.

Thank-you so much for sharing Albershide.
    R.I.P. Ironhide

Michael will be involved in TF4, the question is how. Directing or Producing.

I knew Bay wasn't ready to put TF aside.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

By the way the TFW2005 member "jordy" shared with us that Mark Ryan also confirmed the TF4 and TF5 rumors at a convention in Melbourne. He said that they are making a script right now.
    So if Mark Ryan knows about this then we surely will see more from Bumblebee in the next movies. Although Mark Ryan actually only did Bumblebee's voice in the first two movies. He was not credited in DOTM. He was uncredited as a Military Drone Operator.

But Bay said that there were no negotiations!!! Bay would never lie to us...... Ooohhh, now I get it, Bay you tease

Let me just make one simple conclusion from Scott Farrar's interview in Italy and the visual effects interview.

In the visual effect interview Scott explains:

As Scott explains, he has been working on the third installment almost from the moment that the second film hit our screens. “We are almost first in and last out when it comes to the movie” as they get involved almost from the first draft of the script, helping with the breakdown of the script, discussing how many visual effects shots involved in the film, which then affects the budget, due to the cost of doing these visual effects.
    And from the Italy interview when he was asked "What are your future projects":

The way it works where I'm involved with my company ILM - if there is a possibility if there's another Transformers in the near future even if it's a year away, that's not enough time for me to do another movie. So right now I'm helping out with other films but I can't get involved in a new film because each film takes more than a year. I can't commit to something else just yet. If the say no more Transformers then I definitely can start look at new scripts, but not yet.
    So right now ILM is on stand by and they're rejecting any movie offers because of the possible 4th movie. I don't think this could stay long like that. Definitely today we'll hear some confirmation of whether the next movie will happen sooner or later. And I think it's coming sooner, I doubt that a company like ILM will just sit like that without any indirect confirmation. Actually I think ILM have already started some preps for the next movie, as they did with DOTM.

Very cool, thanks for the input. Interesting to say the least, hope things turn up sooner or later which they will. Thanks for the update Albershide, as always.

Senior Member I Fight Giant Robots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Let me just make one simple conclusion from Scott Farrar's interview in Italy and the visual effects interview.

In the visual effect interview Scott explains:

And from the Italy interview when he was asked "What are your future projects":

So right now ILM is on stand by and they're rejecting any movie offers because of the possible 4th movie. I don't think this could stay long like that. Definitely today we'll hear some confirmation of whether the next movie will happen sooner or later. And I think it's coming sooner, I doubt that a company like ILM will just sit like that without any indirect confirmation. Actually I think ILM have already started some preps for the next movie, as they did with DOTM.
    that's awesome! thanks albershide for keeping us posted!
    I Fight Giant Robots

Michael will be involved in TF4, the question is how. Directing or Producing.
    Where did you get this information? I've watched both videos and nothing mentions Bays involvment for TF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    Where did you get this information? I've watched both videos and nothing mentions Bays involvment for TF4.
    I made this conclusion not from the videos. I think it's the most logical thing. Hasbro and Universal would never go in a completely different direction without the supervising of the guy who resurrected the franchise and put them back on the map. You can quote me on this later.

I made this conclusion not from the videos. I think it's the most logical thing. Hasbro and Universal would never go in a completely different direction without the supervising of the guy who resurrected the franchise and put them back on the map. You can quote me on this later.
    Ok.

bring soundwave back micheal

his design was badass

Dotm-soundwave&laserbeak-film-africa.jpg
    Tfw = rich_prime

Viacom now has come out stating Transformers 4 is in the works in their Q4 2011 results:

We've got a lot more coming on the franchise front. Mission: Impossible The Ghost Protocol starring Tom Cruise, directed by Brad Bird and produced by J.J. Abrams is coming to theaters in December. We're also developing ideas for Paranormal Activity 4 and Transformers 4. J.J., in addition to his Mission Impossible duties, is also focused on developing the next installment of our Star Trek franchise for potential release in 2013.
    Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3070...all-transcript

That would be awesome, but who would they get to be the bad guy? All of the major ones from the last movies are dead.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    That would be awesome, but who would they get to be the bad guy? All of the major ones from the last movies are dead.
    Cyclonus?

I think that even a completely new character as the main villain will work just as good as the old ones. The first 3 movies proved that new characters are very popular (Blackout, Barricade, Jolt etc.). So this is the last problem of the future trilogy. And as James Cameron used to say: "no one really dies in a science fiction". So you never know who may come back from the dead.

dinobots

nuff said
    Tfw = rich_prime

They could pretty much use any bad guy they wanted, im sure Galvatron could be scrapped together too and bring about a Unicron trilogy, with the quintessens or whatever they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    They could pretty much use any bad guy they wanted, im sure Galvatron could be scrapped together too and bring about a Unicron trilogy, with the quintessens or whatever they were.
    Definitely! I can bet that the next villain will be Galvatron. And I really hope to see my favorite Cyclonus as Moy said.

Definitely! I can bet that the next villain will be Galvatron. And I really hope to see my favorite Cyclonus as Moy said.
    Ya know, it just dawned on me on how Galvatron could work. But that would be considered posting plot ideas, which we can't do on here, right?

So they going bring megatron back from the dead again?

Why not make igor the bad guy
    Tfw = rich_prime