Thread: Feedback

Default Feedback

I made a DOTM fan music video the other day, and I was hoping to get some feedback. I just want to know if my editing is any good or if I have the right choice of music. Anything will help, Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9GFE95XRk
    -At the end of this day, One shall stand, One shall fall
    -Today, we take the battle to them
    -Autobots, Transform, and ROLL OUT!

Default Re: Feedback

I like it. I think the music is good too. Dubstep is very popular for TF edits.
    The thing I didn't like is that all your shots are in a chronological order as they are in the movie. The great creativity comes when you try to tell a different story with your shots.

Good job. :borat

Thanks Albershide! I'll try not to put them in order next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Thanks Albershide! I'll try not to put them in order next time!
    This is just my personal opinion it doesn't necesseraly mean that I'm right. The best thing in editing is that even though there are some certain rules you still may bend them and make a memorable effort.

I thought the intro was to long the first 40 seconds for me could have been cut out and just start kickin it right away, and i personally would have used the different scenes and used them to express the beats from the track into video and also fast-repeat some scenes like you do with scratching as a DJ, make some scenes go slomotion and stuff, and maybe overall make it much more of a personal thing add things to it or have more then one video footage at a time with certain beats maybe things like that thats what i would do IMO.
    This is my view on this and everybody has his own taste with these things of course, i thought your vid was ok man i liked it.
    And man! do i wanna see DOTM again! XD and love that scene with Rosie on the stairs :P i hope you left it untouched on the Trilogy edition Michael or even lengthened it a bit for the lovers ;D
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Albershide and Flyingheart, I took both of your feedback's in consideration and I'm currently working on a new video that I hope you will enjoy better. I slowed down, sped up and added effects like flyingheart wanted, and I'm scrambling the scenes, not in the order that the film makes them, and making them slightly longer. The only option I don't have is reverse. The only program I am using is Windows Movie maker, which means I am limited to so many effects. Thanks again for the feedback guys! I need the feedback, if it's positive or negative.

It's not a good thing to do your own edit to please others opinions. There are a billion opinions out there, you can't please them all. Just do it as you like, don't take everything into a consideration. :borat

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    It's not a good thing to do your own edit to please others opinions. There are a billion opinions out there, you can't please them all. Just do it as you like, don't take everything into a consideration. :borat
    Well that, and just have fun doing it view it yourself twice and edit the things you dont like and your gonna rock at it
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

My newer video is about 95% done, just fixing a few problems is all that remains! =) I really hope you enjoy, this time, I hope not to disappoint anybody! this video took my 3x longer than the first one did. I'm actually satisfied with the results, and to be honest, I like this one better than the first, but I hope you all feel the same! Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

I''m finally complete with my new video. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdvJ0...ature=youtu.be