Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note from Michael Bay: IMAX

Default Note from Michael Bay: IMAX

The President spoke - the same blah blah blah, tweaked smile, like he's pulling to wool over us, blah blah - We are safer at home by fighting in Iraq, yeah right. I feel safe at night spending generations of money we don't have. Bush just wants to prolong the agony until the next President gets in office so it will be someone else's nightmare. At least AIR FORCE ONE will be supplied with the official DVD of Transformers - as requested by the top Air Force General to our offices.

Depressing yes. But I just saw the first IMAX print of Transformers. Not depressing - freakin AWESOME! They need to bottle the magic of IMAX because it's the future of cinema.

It comes out next Friday the 21st. I added some extra scenes.

Transformers 2, well that's another story. Iching to work pre strike (June) so I might jump ship and come back a year or so later cause people at the studio have been dragging for two months. Not sure why. I'll keep you informed.

Bay

Hey Michael,

Whats the real deal with this strike?

Cool stuff man. You keeping the extra scenes a surprise? Don't worry, we won't tell anyone. Looking forward to the score release too. Later dood!

- Jarek
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

Please do come back, Transformers 2 would not be the same without you!
    I'll be there for the Imax showing as well !

Thanks again Mike!

"You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

I'm so excited to hear about IMAX. Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    The President spoke - the same blah blah blah, tweaked smile, like he's pulling to wool over us, blah blah - We are safer at home by fighting in Iraq, yeah right. I feel safe at night spending generations of money we don't have. Bush just wants to prolong the agony until the next President gets in office so it will be someone else's nightmare.
    He knows it's a failed cause....so he's prolonging this to the point where it will carry over to the next president who has to make the decision whether to pull out or stay.

That way, from a legacy point of you, he will say: "Hey, I didn't lose the Iraq war, the guy after me did." But we all know the truth.

I just saw this doc "No End in Sight" and it addresses some of the things you just mentioned (they're showing it at the Beverly Center).

Depressing yes. But I just saw the first IMAX print of Transformers. Not depressing - freakin AWESOME! They need to bottle the magic of IMAX because it's the future of cinema.

Can't wait! Gonna buy my tickets now!

I'll be there first thing next week. Glad this happened. This movie totally deserved it.

I agree that IMAX IS the future of cinema.

The art of passing the buck. jerks.

Thanks for the update! Got my tix yesterday.

Cool looking forward to it ordering my tickets very soon, this will be the first film I've seen on IMAX can't wait.

Mr. Bay, I hope that Paramount is going to include this new cut with the extra scenes you added to the DVD and HD-DVD disc versions as well....

Transformers 2, well that's another story. Iching to work pre strike (June) so I might jump ship and come back a year or so later cause people at the studio have been dragging for two months. Not sure why. I'll keep you informed.

Bay
    Sigh, so that means that Transformers 2 will be delayed until 2010 at the earliest due to the strike ? This is really sad, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    Mr. Bay, I hope that Paramount is going to include this new cut with the extra scenes you added to the DVD and HD-DVD disc versions as well....

Sigh, so that means that Transformers 2 will be delayed until 2010 at the earliest due to the strike ? This is really sad, indeed.
    If this holds true then this is where we need to keep the faith...Regardless of when it comes out I will be there.

"You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Mr. Bay, I support you 100%!!

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    He knows it's a failed cause....so he's prolonging this to the point where it will carry over to the next president who has to make the decision whether to pull out or stay.

That way, from a legacy point of you, he will say: "Hey, I didn't lose the Iraq war, the guy after me did." But we all know the truth.

I just saw this doc "No End in Sight" and it addresses some of the things you just mentioned (they're showing it at the Beverly Center).

Can't wait! Gonna buy my tickets now!
    this was never a winnable war to begin with. There is no way in hell you can defeat "terrorist" with pure military force. The war was lost because no ground work was made and no plans to rebuild iraq truly existed.
    Just ending this war and pulling out all our troops would be the height of irresponsibility and stupidity. You don't go in destroy a country and leave with nothing to show for it and possible just hand it over to your enemies.

i hate to get into politics but some people claim that terrorists are winning because they already got the US into a war that is constantly going and demoralizing and that was exactly what they wanted. It was kinda like bait.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrock View Post
    You don't go in destroy a country and leave with nothing to show for it and possible just hand it over to your enemies.
    They should have thought of that before invading the place unilaterally under false premises. Read this: Lessons from the Surge from Economics 101.

If anyone wants to keep this up, start up a new thread. No more political discussion in this thread.

Question:

Will this (Imax Version) be considered a Director's Cut or an just Extended cut?

Better put: I'm assuming the extra footage has Michael's consent (given his message above). Does that, by default, make it a DC? I mean, I know that when a studio tinkers with a movie (w/o director's consent), they just call it an extended (or whatever) cut. How does that work?

They should have thought of that before invading the place unilaterally under false premises. Read this: Lessons from the Surge from Economics 101.

If anyone wants to keep this up, start up a new thread. No more political discussion in this thread.
    Ok, but, why did you censor my reply ? I bet you didn't like it but making it disappearing it's not what I was expecting...

Ok, but, why did you censor my reply ? I bet you didn't like it but making it disappearing it's not what I was expecting...
    Because your post would've started an unnecessary flame war in this thread considering most people here aren't drinking the White House Kool-aid. I also don't want to lock this thread.

Because your post would've started an unnecessary flame war in this thread considering most people here aren't drinking the White House Kool-aid. I also don't want to lock this thread.
    And you thought I was promoting White House propaganda, uh ? Sorry but with my post I was just trying to give a point of view that is not tied to either Left or Right wings propaganda. I tried to point out facts that don't involve politics but our future.

And you thought I was promoting White House propaganda, uh ? Sorry but with my post I was just trying to give a point of view that is not tied to either Left or Right wings propaganda. I tried to point out facts that don't involve politics but our future.
    ok so back on topic I think I can't wait to hear how much louder it is when watching on IMAX.

Remember the roaring bass that was heard when Ironhide shoots the ground to avoid Brawl's missiles in slow mo???? The bass was crazy!!! I wonder how much louder its going to sound when we see it in IMAX.

I can't wait. Transformers is BACK with a VENGEANCE!!

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    ok so back on topic I think I can't wait to hear how much louder it is when watching on IMAX.

Remember the roaring bass that was heard when Ironhide shoots the ground to avoid Brawl's missiles in slow mo???? The bass was crazy!!! I wonder how much louder its going to sound when we see it in IMAX.

I can't wait. Transformers is BACK with a VENGEANCE!!

I think the sound will just be off the charts. The rumble due to that IMAX seets have sub-woofers under every seat is going to be insane!! Your asses will be rattled.

Please, you just posted the Neocon's and WH talking points. Take it to PM or start another thread.

I guess it got lost in the shuffle.....

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Question:

Will this (Imax Version) be considered a Director's Cut or an just Extended cut?

Better put: I'm assuming the extra footage has Michael's consent (given his message above). Does that, by default, make it a DC? I mean, I know that when a studio tinkers with a movie (w/o director's consent), they just call it an extended (or whatever) cut. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    I guess it got lost in the shuffle.....
    I think it will be a little of both. The studio wanted Mike to shorten it a bit initially, now they want a bit more.

I think it will be a little of both. The studio wanted Mike to shorten it a bit initially, now they want a bit more.
    Thx, Nelson.