Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Paramount eyes back-to-back 'Transformers' shoots

Default Updated: Paramount eyes back-to-back 'Transformers' shoots

From Variety:

After "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" hauled in more than $1 billion at the global box office, Hasbro is eager to keep its toy-trafficking franchise rolling on the big screen -- to the degree that plans are being considered to shoot the fourth and fifth installments back-to-back.Hasbro chief Brian Goldner said during a Monday third-quarter earnings call that the toymaker is in "active discussions" with Paramount, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg on how to move forward. Sources close to the planning process tell Variety it could actually be two films headed into production.

With tentpole costs pushed by contract negotiations, escalating f/x coin and the need to plan toy designs and merchandise tie-ins more than a year in advance, Paramount, which licenses "Transformers" film rights from Hasbro, is considering lensing its fourth and fifth films without pause. Nothing is set in stone, but screenwriter Ehren Kruger is said to have an idea for the next installments that the studio is high on, and has only begun engaging with writers.

One element that won't return: Shia LaBeouf, who's said he's moving on, giving Paramount the chance to pair a new face with the shape-shifting robots. Though one name -- Jason Statham -- has been bandied around by sources close to the production, no offer has been made.

While Bay will serve as an executive producer alongside Spielberg, sources close to the development said Bay is still interested in directing. Bay has wanted to spend some time on his competitive body-building passion project "Pain and Gain," which he could conceivably squeeze in before "Transformers" got going in late 2012 or early 2013.

Helmer is also a creative consultant to "Transformers: The Ride -- 3D," a big-budget theme park attraction under construction on the lower lot of Universal Studios Hollywood that opens next spring.

Although Par has never shot sequels back-to-back, the way the second and third "Matrix" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" (and soon Universal's "Fast Six" and "Seven") were produced, the strategy pays off in advance, with cast and crew under contract for both pics.

It would also give Hasbro more time to design new action figures and playsets to fill store shelves. The series has been a massive moneymaker for Hasbro, with the first film in 2007 generating $482 million in "Transformers" toys alone, and more than $600 million around the second, providing a case study on how toymakers can capitalize on film and TV shows based on their popular playthings.
    "Dark of the Moon" earned $1.1 billion, putting it in the fourth spot on the all-time box office list.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118044618

Default Re: Paramount eyes back-to-back 'Transformers' shoots

The news keep getting better and better!

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Variety:

Though one name -- Jason Statham -- has been bandied around by sources close to the production, no offer has been made.

Yeah, they also said that Statham will be in the next "Fast and the Furious" movie. Not a bad idea at all, but it's nothing more than a rumor. And so far there's no concrete information from the studio.

And now "Transformers 4"?

No way in hell they'll choose a 44-year old guy for the lead in a "Transformers" movie. Supporting role, sure. But the main character? Highly, highly unlikely, if you ask me.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Frankly, I really think Bay doesn't need more Transformers movie.
    He often said Transformers 3 is his final. But then what the hell? I really don't get it.
    Don't get me wrong, I really liked whole series.
    but now, I think he needs to move on. He needs to make his own franchise.
    He spend his 6~7 years for robots already. But more time for SAME THING?
    As just a fan of his works, I don't think his return is good idea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post

I agree.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    Agree. I mena its his choice his life his career etc. I jsut really love his work and would love to see him as a director to do different things.

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

I love Rosie and i love movies with Jason Statham in it but Jason is idd a bit to big for TF's, that name is gonna be wrapped around TF's not the other way around i predict.
    Supporting role sure like some kick ass soldier helping out or some lethal agent that gets to test out all the newest government military technology or something..

And as much as i love Michael doing a TF4 i really want him to be ok with making another one, i want Michael to have fun in directing and not because they throw more money at him.. i just know Michael is not a $$$ only guy he has a heart and brains and he loves his work and he is far, far past that period in his life that $$ is the only thing in his life material sh*t will not make you happy so i really hope Michael can do Pain & Gain first and EVEN Bad Boys III if Will Smith is up for it.. and then TF4 but if Michael thinks he's ready to do TF4 after Pain & Gain it's fine by me as long as he has fun and can express all his passion in what he does on the set of TF4 you know...
    I have a bit of a bad feeling now that its our fault that Michael has to do another TF's movie.. like i said i want him to do TF4 when he feels he's ready to do another one, this feels kind of early for some reason.. and they are talking about doing TF4 and 5 so i really want TF5 to be the very last movie for Michael (IF HE DOES DIRECT TF4 and 5 of course!)

I hope it will go like this:
    1. Pain & Gain (2012)
    2. other movie (2013)
    3. TF4 (2015)
    4. Bad Boys III (2016)
    5. other movie (2017)
    6. TF5 (2019) *THE END of TF's for Michael* IF there is gonna be a TF5!
    I don't know if the years were any good but i hope it will go something like that for Micheal.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Not that it matters as I'm sure Michael will do what he wants to do regardless - But me personally, I would love to see Michael continue the Transformer movies. Since the 4th and 5th movies would be continued and not a reboot, I wouldn't want to see it directed by anyone else. Keep the same vision with the director who started it.

I'd be more open to a complete change in direction if this was a complete reboot - Even then however I'd still like Michael to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WUZUP1998 View Post
    Not that it matters as I'm sure Michael will do what he wants to do regardless - But me personally, I would love to see Michael continue the Transformer movies. Since the 4th and 5th movies would be continued and not a reboot, I wouldn't want to see it directed by anyone else. Keep the same vision with the director who started it.
    Oh yeah i agree he does more then an amazing job at TF's and i dont think anyone else can do a better job at it then Michael for sure! (look at Marvel movies..lol) but the man has to keep the fun in it too, i dont want him to turn into a soured old man because Hasbro wants to keep on making TF's movies with Michael on a line, he needs to spread his creative wings/mind somewhere else once in a while.. (and i know he's not getting any younger) making TF 1, 2 and 3 IN A ROW is pretty crazy. hats off to Michael for that! he's not autistic i think so this must have been weights on his shoulders for some time now if im not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WUZUP1998 View Post
    I'd be more open to a complete change in direction if this was a complete reboot - Even then however I'd still like Michael to do it.
    Hhhmm.. yeah your right again about that.. he is the right man for TF's..
    Well he could make a deal with Hasbro to direct a TF's movie for every 'so many' years or so till he retires but i dont think thats realistic.. i have no clue if Michael will pull on that.. Michael will have to feel that for himself i think.

Maybe it's time for Michael to find a younger version of him and take him/her under his wings and then him/her could take the TF's franchise over with of course Michael's SFX studio behind him/her, i dont know...
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

If he's doing "Pain & Gain" first, he can do TF4, Terminator 25 or whatever he wants to do next, I'll still love him (and I'm sure that's so important to him :lmao).
    I want to see him doing something drastically different so bad.
    If P&G is delayed I'll get nasty like a teenage girl discovering sparkling vampires aren't real...
    Oh and as far as I'm concerned I say YES to Jason Statham in TF4, I'll watch him in anything but that's just my horny hormones talking.

Oh god! Not again!!! Kidding kidding:lmao

In my honest opinion.. Michael Bay's Transformers series was one of the most enjoyable movie series ever produced. Watching one is like enjoying a fantastic roller-coaster ride.

Not sure if Mr. Bay would return... I strongly believe he needs a good rest. He dedicated good 6 years of his life to us Transformers Fans. It's high time he receive a well earned rest.

Respect you, sir! I'll follow you into battle any day!

Quote Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
    Ha ha ha, good one. This is exactly what we needed. This place is too quiet lately. I miss the great emotions from the anticipation of DOTM.
    Nice to hear from you again NIBM. :borat

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Ha ha ha, good one. This is exactly what we needed. This place is too quiet lately. I miss the great emotions from the anticipation of DOTM.
    Nice to hear from you again NIBM. :borat
    Likewise Albershide!

I come to S4TE often. Been kind of busy. Thought to leave a message when I saw the thread. Heard that the official announcement comes in November. May or may not be Mr. Bay's and may or may not be Transformers 4. Rumor only, NOT confirmed.

Later!

Heard that the official announcement comes in November. May or may not be Mr. Bay's and may or may not be Transformers 4. Rumor only, NOT confirmed.
    Thanks for the heads up buddy! So ... November is the month.
    Just to let you know - everything you do for the fans is appreciated.

Regards!

In my honest opinion.. Michael Bay's Transformers series was one of the most enjoyable movie series ever produced. Watching one is like enjoying a fantastic roller-coaster ride.

Not sure if Mr. Bay would return... I strongly believe he needs a good rest. He dedicated good 6 years of his life to us Transformers Fans. It's high time he receive a well earned rest.

Respect you, sir! I'll follow you into battle any day!
    I totally agree! TF1, 2 and 3 IN A ROW is insane! he has to get a big break from it, it just cant be that he's on TF4 already after Pain & Gain right?! it's just to early i think! =/

Bay is in striking distance of putting himself solidly as the second highest grossing director of all time. I say he does it 4 and 5 will put him there second only to his executive producing friend who is #1.

I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports. I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports. I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy.

Michael
    Thanks for the info, Michael
    Don't expect everyone to always agree with you

Michael
    Pain and Gain sounds really interesting Michael! getting excited already!
    Thanks a lot for personally being involved with the TF Trilogy 'we' the fans really appreciate it!

Michael
    Ohhh! Now that's more like it! :borat

Michael
    Thanks for checking in; it's always good to hear it from the source, though I do hope we see more Transformers movies with you at the helm.

Michael
    Thanks for the update Mike! Can't wait to see P&G as well as getting my hands on the Blu Ray Trilogy Set!!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay
    Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny.
    Reading this made my day!

I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports.
    So there is T4 and T5 after all. Hey guys, remember the T3 and the TF3 situation we got a few months ago. : rol

I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy.

Michael
    I would kill a man just to hear some of these possibilities. I'm sure right now there is a big fight who will win Mike on their next project.
    Looking forward to P&G! :borat