Thread: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D

Default Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D

OK, so this is maybe the 10th time that Lucas tries to milk his old cow, but I'm really impatient to see this movie in 3D. Although in my opinion Episode I is the worst from the whole franchise.
    Do you guys intend to see this again in cinemas? Or you'll pass?
    Here is the first poster of the upcoming premiere (February 10, 2012):

The pod race and the final aerial battle should look pretty awesome in 3D and I hope they've remastered the sound too.
    By the way if you want to see a 3D trailer of Episode I then go and see The Three Musketeers next Friday on October 21st.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83166

Default Re: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D

Definitely a pass. But not because of new CGI Yoda (the puppet in that movie was terrible anyway, compared to original Yoda), not because of mitichlorians, hell....believe it or not, not because of Jar Jar Binks. I can stand him, I'm used to bumbling alien "Scrappies."

It's that f**king Anakin "Oops!...Yippie!!!" Skywalker I can't stand.

Don't worry, there are some rumors at /film that Lucas is making his most extensive adjustment to the film yet, and is digitally inserting Real Steels Dakota Goyo in the role of Anakin, and plans to debut that change later. :lmao

I'll check it out, only 'cause I want to see ILM's 3D conversion skills, and I've only even seen Revenge of the Sith on the big screen.
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

The trailer!

I saw this last night at the movies and ILM has done a good job converting to 3D, but it isn't Avatar or Transformers: Dark of the Moon good.
    There's still a clear difference when something is shot with a real 3D camera from the beginning and something that has entirely been post converted to 3D. My bet is that the Return of the Jedi will have the best 3D of all the Star Wars movies when it's released in 2017, just because then the post conversion 3D technology has taken another few steps getting closer to how a real 3D movie looks like today.
    55 days from now, on April 6th, we get to see if James Cameron and his effects crew can top Star Wars: Episode 1, when Cameron releases Titanic in 3D.

What kills me is every Star Wars fan says Episode 1 is the worst of all the movies, yet they're still going to go see this. George Lucas is going to continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    What kills me is every Star Wars fan says Episode 1 is the worst of all the movies, yet they're still going to go see this. George Lucas is going to continue to laugh all the way to the bank.
    Wanna know what I think the worst one is? Episode II. It is the absolute most boring and obnoxious one out of the prequels, mostly because it's the one where you see the absolute worst of Anakin "I'm a whiny douchebag" Skywalker. At least Episode I had more exciting sequences such as the podrace. Oh, and like I said before, I can actually stand Jar Jar Binks. I'm used to poorly executed comic relief like him. It's terrible protagonists that are unfortunately the focus of the story I can't stand.

Still not worth seeing in 3-D though. I might see A New Hope in 3-D because it will be the closest thing to ever seeing the amazing theatrical experience in 1977 that changed the face of cinema forever. I wanna see that Star Destroyer on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    What kills me is every Star Wars fan says Episode 1 is the worst of all the movies, yet they're still going to go see this.

Of course. Even though it's the worst of the six still it doesn't mean that the fans don't like it. After all it's a Star Wars movie. You can't just ignore the star fights the light sabers the great music etc.
    I was going to see this yesterday but I'm sick.

P.S. By the way, the people who didn't like the new trilogy were just fans of the old one who are too old now for it. Star Wars was always meant to be a kids movie. Although the old trilogy managed so much more but there are other reasons for that.

Finally watched it. The 3D was a blurry shit. I can't believe we continue to give these guys money to do this. If you want a 3D movie then shoot it in 3D. Stop converting.

Apart from that I had some nice memories coming back to me:
    - the first feature film role of Keira Knightley,
    - the biggest spoiler in film history (one of the tracks from the OST is called Qui Gon's Funeral, and the OST was available a few weeks before the movie),
    - the great pod race scene (I was pleasantly surprise to see that they used the extended version),
    - the best music,
    - the last 20 minutes of the movie
    - and for me the best lightsabre duel from the whole franchise between Obi Wan and Darth Maul.

Also I really wanted to see the movie with a great sound system. The theaters here were not very good back in 1999.

And here is a little something for all the Jar Jar fans out there.

I have been a hard core fan since 1999. Unfortunatly only one or two month after the first episode came out so I missed it in Cinema. So I was extreamly happy to see it again. What I was pleasently surprised with was that the movie was missing those things what I and also many ppl hate when it comes to 3D: your eyes start to hurt, your head starts to hurt and you get dizzie. Obviously the tipical 3D impact tricks like soemhtign comes out fromt he screen right into your face were missing. Oh but what I was amazed with was the fire and the exploisions. Fire and explosions are so extreamly lame in 3D movies, they always look like confetti But here these elements were kept in 2D and I believed that it was real fire. So I was really happy about it. I wasnt expecting a hyper mega 3D event fromt this movie obviously, lot of the shots were kept in 2D but all together it was really entertaining. It was just good to go out, see this movie finally in theaters and just enjoy it. Cant wait for the rest of the films. And common ppl every franchise is a ripp off stop complaining especially those ppl who have more than one TR DVD/film hahah :P

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"