Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 160

Thread: iPhone 4S, Siri...

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    None of your God damn business!
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    One last thing (sorry, I browse with multiple tabs open in the Google Chrome browser and was unable to edit my last post due to the 5 min time constraint) but all these comments about iPhone devices "openness" - easily downloading games, apps, e-books, music and videos and then "sharing" them is just pointless if it's only between your own devices (main iTunes account), so much for making it "all very easily" and a more secure, stable, consistent and enjoyable experience... :lmao ... WHAT A JOKE!

    If i need to do some work or surf the web I'll use a computer or laptop (regardless of it being a Mac or Windows OS), If i need to listen to music I'll use a high end music system (linked/streaming music from various other devices), if i need to play games i'll use an Xbox 360 or PS3, If i need to take photo's i use my Canon 5D, If i need to swap files with family and friend I'll use a USB flash drive or a portable HDD. If i need to make a phone call or do any of the above mentioned activities on the go I'd like to use a device that supports my lifestyle and lets me do this without any constraints.

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    None of your God damn business!
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Oh look what! I found, a device that meets all my needs on the go and then some...

    The Motorola Droid Razr



    1.2GHz Dual Core processor with 1GB ram and 16Gb internal memory upgradeable to 48Gb
    8MP camera
    Java and Flash compatible
    Lightweight stainless steel case with Kevlar fibre backing
    Splashproof 4.3" Corning Gorilla Glass Super Amoled touchscreen display
    Full 1080P HDMI video output
    Android OS

    Accessories include a 10.5" and 14" fully functional Laptop dock. (not something I would personally use having many other devices to use at my disposal but useful for others)
    P1010018_540x405_270x203.jpg

    It's a tiny bit bigger than the Samsung Galaxy SII but some people are used to having big things in their hands... tehehe.



    Game over.

  3. #78
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer

    Nothing. No claim, video, survey, NOTHING provides a clearer description of a devices functionality than an end user's account of the experience. Anything released by a company that will profit by the sales of their device is nothing more than promotional material.

    I disagree with the end-to-end statement, but that is a matter of opinion. Everything else though I agree with.

    Yea, that is a great feature. It's very obvious that Google is heading the same direction. My only hope is that they never have software like iTunes. I really, really dislike iTunes.

    I haven't seen any negative documentation on Android's security, or stability. The user experience though, again, comes down to personal preference.

    Yep. It's just a phone. Which is exactly why I don't get the hate(on both sides). But then I read something like your last sentence and I know why.
    But from many end users' experiences a design solution that will fulfill the majority of people's needs can be developed. That is what I was referring to; everyone can point to a situation and say, "See, it doesn't work for me." And for that person, it doesn't. But from a product design standpoint, it might work for 90% of people, which is what you want to generally aim for (5th to 95th percentile).

    As for the android security, there was a report a week or so ago suggesting that the Android malware increasing: http://mobile.theverge.com/2011/11/2...oogle-responds

    (This isn't the original article I saw, but I think it links to it and it provides a response from Google. I don't know how accurate the report is, but my point is that these kinds of questions aren't really concerns on the closed iOS platform.)

    My last statement was meant in jest, but it probably didn't come across as such.

    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  4. #79
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic
    F*#k you Apple! Go suck a f$&k!
    That's constructive.

    Again, you provided anecdotal evidence as to why it doesn't work for you and a number of other people. That's fine. It doesn't mean that it's a bad design solution for everyone.

    And it's a failure because it doesn't allow you to share music? So you're disappointed because it doesn't do something easily that you're not supposed to do? I'm confused.

    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  5. #80
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic

    Game over.
    Looks like a nice phone.

    Except it runs Android.

    Game on.

    Seriously though, I doubt you believe that the smartphone war is over. To me, we're only had a few battles. We got a long way to go. Should be good (for us as consumers).

    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  6. #81
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    But from many end users' experiences a design solution that will fulfill the majority of people's needs can be developed. That is what I was referring to; everyone can point to a situation and say, "See, it doesn't work for me." And for that person, it doesn't. But from a product design standpoint, it might work for 90% of people, which is what you want to generally aim for (5th to 95th percentile).

    As for the android security, there was a report a week or so ago suggesting that the Android malware increasing: http://mobile.theverge.com/2011/11/2...oogle-responds

    (This isn't the original article I saw, but I think it links to it and it provides a response from Google. I don't know how accurate the report is, but my point is that these kinds of questions aren't really concerns on the closed iOS platform.)

    My last statement was meant in jest, but it probably didn't come across as such.

    Ed Fuego
    Ok ok I think I see what you're getting at then. Essentially, I think it's the state of Android/Google services that you're referring to? That you can't have the full media experience, all from google, and instantly shared between all of your devices. Right?(correct me if i'm wrong) Well I can't argue that. The full experience of a mobile device does exist on Android, it's just not as 'all-inclusive' out of the box as iOS.

    I hadn't read that write up on malware(i've read others). Yea, it sucks. I've never been affected by it, nor have I ever heard of anyone(that i know) being affected by it, thankfully. That brings up another gripe I have with Android. The lack of QC on their market. I would never want the market to be as locked down as Apple's is, but they really should have a team of people reviewing apps before they are released to the public.

    Sorry for being defensive towards that, but as an Android user I get comments like that often, from people who aren't kidding. It just gets old when someone thinks they are actually superior because they use apple products. And yes, I know that goes both ways.(i.e. this thread)

  7. #82
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Looks like a nice phone.

    Except it's from Motorola, so it's filled with bloatware and the amazingly shitty MotoBlur, so it will never be as awesome as the Galaxy Nexus.
    You left out a few words, Ed. ;-)

    Majestic...man, I don't want to be a dick, but, you're giving the Apple people the only reason they need to be haters.

  8. #83
    Senior Member megatron42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    some where on earth
    Posts
    6,873

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    i have the samsung exhibit on t mobile nice 4G phone
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

  9. #84
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    I just got back from a friends place and half of the people there had iPhones. We downloaded some music and video clips and the iPhone noobs all wanted a copy of the files...

    My biggest argument now against iPhone/itunes is the fact that people can't freely swap music and movies without syncing their iPhones to their laptops and having to jump over various hurdles only to discover that iPhone users can't transfer music and movies freely between devices. F*#k you Apple! Go suck a f$&k!

    Some iPhone noobs had that "bump/tap/file swap app" but it only works on contacts and some other BS, after 1 hour of trying none of the iPhone user were able to swap/transfer music & movies/music video clip files between each other with our authorizing their devices with that laptop and it's the latest version of iTunes. (which meant there was a risk of swapping too much information - contacts, private photo's and video's etc)

    As of now I will try to avoid this thread, you iPhone users can endorse iPhone and Siri until our troops come home but in the end your argument is invalid.

    On the bright side i converted 2 iPhone users to Android mwahahahahahahahaha!
    So the core of your kvetch is that Apple doesn't allow piracy?

    BTW, have you ever used or owned an iPhone?

  10. #85
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer

    Ok ok I think I see what you're getting at then. Essentially, I think it's the state of Android/Google services that you're referring to? That you can't have the full media experience, all from google, and instantly shared between all of your devices. Right?(correct me if i'm wrong) Well I can't argue that. The full experience of a mobile device does exist on Android, it's just not as 'all-inclusive' out of the box as iOS.
    Yeah, that what I was trying so say. I certainly think Google could do it (their new music service obvious works towards it), but that's what I like about my iPhone. I can get music, movies, books, apps, email, etc., all from my one place. I really find that convenient; one account, one credit card. I can share them with my computer, my tablet, my tv, all seamlessly. Sure it's a closed ecosystem, but its a pretty complete ecosystem. And obviously when Apple first started, they didn't have all of those things, but they've been building it up over the last couple years, but at this point, I think they are ahead in terms of being able to offer just about everything in that closed ecosystem. Google and Amazon are catching up (Amazon is in an excellent position), but I don't think they are quite there yet. And make no mistake, I use gmail, google reader, and amazon all the time. And if Apple didn't work with those services, I might feel differently about this closed ecosystem. But right now, I feel it's a great place to be.

    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  11. #86
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer

    You left out a few words, Ed. ;-)

    Majestic...man, I don't want to be a dick, but, you're giving the Apple people the only reason they need to be haters.
    Haha, well played.

    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  12. #87
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,953

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    On the bright side i converted 2 iPhone users to Android mwahahahahahahahaha!
    Woopty fucking doo.

  13. #88
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,953

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Majestic...man, I don't want to be a dick, but, you're giving the Apple people the only reason they need to be haters.
    Like you wouldn't believe. Majestic is starting to reinforce the stereotype of a self-righteous Android fanboy who will shove his opinions down the throats of anyone who even attempts to flirt with the idea of owning an iOS device or any Apple product for that matter. That's bad news for other Android users.

    That goes for my fellow Apple users who see it fit to run this noble crusade to rid the world of fragmentation and poor user experience by telling ever Windows and Android user they should switch to a Mac or iOS device. Trust me, I hate those guys, I used to be one years ago, but all it did was lead to trouble. I don't say anything to my PC/Android using friends anymore.

    The same goes for politics, or everything for that matter.

    Apple cannot be Apple without Microsoft and Google. And Microsoft and Google can't be Microsoft and Google without Apple. Yin and Yang, two balancing forces. There must be competition between these companies, because with competition comes innovation. Let them compete! Not us. You don't see Ford guys and Chevy guys having an argument every day about why their F-150 or Silverado is so much better than the other. Or at least, not as much as Apple guys and Microsoft and Android guys argue.

    So because I sound like the stereotypical voice of reason guy right now, I will end this post with something fun:



    Oh shit...never mind...

  14. #89
    Administrator sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    Apple cannot be Apple without Microsoft and Google. And Microsoft and Google can't be Microsoft and Google without Apple. Yin and Yang, two balancing forces. There must be competition between these companies, because with competition comes innovation. Let them compete! Not us.
    Very well said. :borat

    ---
    Sent from my iPhone

  15. #90
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post



    Apple cannot be Apple without Microsoft and Google. And Microsoft and Google can't be Microsoft and Google without Apple. Yin and Yang, two balancing forces. There must be competition between these companies, because with competition comes innovation. Let them compete! Not us. You don't see Ford guys and Chevy guys having an argument every day about why their F-150 or Silverado is so much better than the other. Or at least, not as much as Apple guys and Microsoft and Android guys argue.
    Actually, Apple is a very different company than MSFT and Google. I see MSFT and Google competing more with each other than with Apple.

    MSFT is still stuck in the PC-era. We are now in the post PC era. In the very near future desktops and laptops will be a thing of the past. Something MSFT isn't seeing or willing to see.

    I could on and on but both these companies are playing catchup to in the post-PC era. Google is doing a better job at it than MSFT.

    While you may assume there is competition, there is none. Apple won the portable mp3 market. Apple won the online music market. Apple is winning the tablet market.

    All that's left is the iPhone. While they do not have the majority of the smart phone market share, they do have the majority of the profit share.

  16. #91
    Senior Member jamjam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    675

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Actually, Apple is a very different company than MSFT and Google. I see MSFT and Google competing more with each other than with Apple.

    MSFT is still stuck in the PC-era. We are now in the post PC era. In the very near future desktops and laptops will be a thing of the past. Something MSFT isn't seeing or willing to see.
    Seriously? Did you think before you typed that out? Saying desktops will be a thing of the past is like saying computers will be a thing of the past. Desktops will never go. Think about how much jobs in the world require desktops. ILM will eventually animate using what? Desktops will always be more powerful than laptops. Laptops will always be more portable and practical on the go, than desktops. Never....wait...maybe in a hundred years, but definitely not in the near future.

  17. #92
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Like you wouldn't believe. Majestic is starting to reinforce the stereotype of a self-righteous Android fanboy who will shove his opinions down the throats of anyone who even attempts to flirt with the idea of owning an iOS device or any Apple product for that matter. That's bad news for other Android users.

    That goes for my fellow Apple users who see it fit to run this noble crusade to rid the world of fragmentation and poor user experience by telling ever Windows and Android user they should switch to a Mac or iOS device. Trust me, I hate those guys, I used to be one years ago, but all it did was lead to trouble. I don't say anything to my PC/Android using friends anymore.

    The same goes for politics, or everything for that matter.

    Apple cannot be Apple without Microsoft and Google. And Microsoft and Google can't be Microsoft and Google without Apple. Yin and Yang, two balancing forces. There must be competition between these companies, because with competition comes innovation. Let them compete! Not us. You don't see Ford guys and Chevy guys having an argument every day about why their F-150 or Silverado is so much better than the other. Or at least, not as much as Apple guys and Microsoft and Android guys argue.
    Yes. 1000 f'ing times, YES.

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Actually, Apple is a very different company than MSFT and Google. I see MSFT and Google competing more with each other than with Apple.

    MSFT is still stuck in the PC-era. We are now in the post PC era. In the very near future desktops and laptops will be a thing of the past. Something MSFT isn't seeing or willing to see.

    I could on and on but both these companies are playing catchup to in the post-PC era. Google is doing a better job at it than MSFT.

    While you may assume there is competition, there is none. Apple won the portable mp3 market. Apple won the online music market. Apple is winning the tablet market.

    All that's left is the iPhone. While they do not have the majority of the smart phone market share, they do have the majority of the profit share.
    Yep, I'm convinced you're just trolling us now. 'Cause this is is just...it's...you don't...I.....I don't even know how to argue something so ridiculous.

    Thanks for the laugh, Nelson.

  18. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    None of your God damn business!
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Do you know what the best thing about this thread is? My blatant attempts at trolling and winding up iPhone fans to the extent that they can't see through their own sycophantic & narcissistic ramblings about the pro's and con's of being loyal to a company and a device and not realizing my entire argument was simply a social experiment to prove your status among the army of corporately controlled mindless minions. Ok, yeah it was a dick thing to do but the entertainment value was worth it.

    One of the best things about the internet and it various forms of social networks is that fact that a person can maintain an online persona that completely hides and/or contradicts your real personality, beliefs and opinions.

    Like i said before (referring to a quote i once read) "winning a argument on the internet is like winning at the special Olympics. You may think you're a hero but you're still a retard"


  19. #94
    Senior Member Michael Do's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    I don't like Apple. Everybody that I know are a bunch of iSheep. I hate their products and Steve Jobs (R.I.P). Apple is a dirty company, filed some of the most ridiculous patents and sue everyone. They took something that has been done before and call it innovation and magical. One thing I'll give thumbs up to them is their marketing. This will be my first and last post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

    My Blu-ray collection.

  20. #95
    Senior Member r-type's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,576

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    Do you know what the best thing about this thread is? My blatant attempts at trolling and winding up iPhone fans to the extent that they can't see through their own sycophantic & narcissistic ramblings about the pro's and con's of being loyal to a company and a device and not realizing my entire argument was simply a social experiment to prove your status among the army of corporately controlled mindless minions. Ok, yeah it was a dick thing to do but the entertainment value was worth it.

    One of the best things about the internet and it various forms of social networks is that fact that a person can maintain an online persona that completely hides and/or contradicts your real personality, beliefs and opinions.

    Like i said before (referring to a quote i once read) "winning a argument on the internet is like winning at the special Olympics. You may think you're a hero but you're still a retard"


    Nice try, M. Night Shyamalan.

  21. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    None of your God damn business!
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...


  22. #97
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    Seriously? Did you think before you typed that out? Saying desktops will be a thing of the past is like saying computers will be a thing of the past. Desktops will never go. Think about how much jobs in the world require desktops. ILM will eventually animate using what? Desktops will always be more powerful than laptops. Laptops will always be more portable and practical on the go, than desktops. Never....wait...maybe in a hundred years, but definitely not in the near future.
    How many business have IBM or Cray mainframes any more?

    Of course not all desktops will be gone. But tell me, what percentage of the computer market do businesses have?

    The PC market is barely growing and loosing ground to the iPad. http://articles.businessinsider.com/...-market-tablet. If you don't see were this is going then you should read up a bit.

    http://dataplusinsight.com/general/t...arket-in-2015/

    USConsumerPCMarket2015.jpg

  23. #98
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    Do you know what the best thing about this thread is? My blatant attempts at trolling and winding up iPhone fans to the extent that they can't see through their own sycophantic & narcissistic ramblings about the pro's and con's of being loyal to a company and a device and not realizing my entire argument was simply a social experiment to prove your status among the army of corporately controlled mindless minions. Ok, yeah it was a dick thing to do but the entertainment value was worth it.

    One of the best things about the internet and it various forms of social networks is that fact that a person can maintain an online persona that completely hides and/or contradicts your real personality, beliefs and opinions.

    Like i said before (referring to a quote i once read) "winning a argument on the internet is like winning at the special Olympics. You may think you're a hero but you're still a retard"
    Actually, I'm using facts and figures in my arguments while you use anecdotal evidence and Charlie Sheen videos and you have the balls to call us sycophants and narcissistic?

    I asked you a simple question which you can not answer. Have you ever owned or use an iPhone?

    I only ask because it because your argument would seem one-sided considering you speak about something you've never owned. I came from the BB, Windows, and Android world into the iPhone one. I would expect that someone that is trashing Apple products to have at least used one or owned one. It's like me saying Ford suck without ever driving one.

  24. #99
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    I don't like Apple. Everybody that I know are a bunch of iSheep. I hate their products and Steve Jobs (R.I.P). Apple is a dirty company, filed some of the most ridiculous patents and sue everyone. They took something that has been done before and call it innovation and magical. One thing I'll give thumbs up to them is their marketing. This will be my first and last post in this thread.
    Again, how are other companies different? Do you seriously expect them to not fight to protect their R&D and patents? Show me one company that doesn't do it and I'll show you a company being run by a moron.

    Please show me a company that had and sold a fully functional touch-screen phone before Apple did and I'll send you a free TF poster.

    Marketing only gets you in the door. It does not create an enormous loyalty base with crazy sales and makes you the 2nd biggest company in the world.

  25. #100
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,825

    Default Re: iPhone 4S, Siri...

    Quote Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    Yes. 1000 f'ing times, YES.



    Yep, I'm convinced you're just trolling us now. 'Cause this is is just...it's...you don't...I.....I don't even know how to argue something so ridiculous.

    Thanks for the laugh, Nelson.
    Please show me how I'm wrong by quoting facts or essay from prominent tech writers instead of name-calling.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •