Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain & Gain update?

Default Re: Pain & Gain update?

The thing about Hollywood is that just about any guy can be beefed up. You just have to put some trainers on him and put him on a killer diet. A lot of guys have transformed themselves for parts.

That said, other alreafy big guys I adore: Vin Diesel! (but he and Johnson just worked together F5 and it was awesome), Derek Mears, Tyler Mane, and Kane Hodder are cool to have around.

And Michael C Duncan is always a welcome sight in a Michael Bay film.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Less Tooth Fairy. More Rundown.

Looking forward to more news.

@r-type: True dat. I also hope for some real & honest rundown character ... looking type of guy. If I got the tidbits about the story straight, that is.

Also, yes, totally agree with redqueenar, from what I--the average Internet-browsing "movie-fan"--know, any guy can get beefed up.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    The thing about Hollywood is that just about any guy can be beefed up. You just have to put some trainers on him and put him on a killer diet. A lot of guys have transformed themselves for parts.

That said, other alreafy big guys I adore: Vin Diesel! (but he and Johnson just worked together F5 and it was awesome), Derek Mears, Tyler Mane, and Kane Hodder are cool to have around.

Ohhh would love to see Derek Mears get a roll in this. Top guy.

Also, someone likes them some slasher movies

Love the addition of Dwayne Johnson. I can see him fitting one of the roles perfectly. Would love see Mark Wahlbeg in this as well. I heard that its not official that he passed on the film. I guess we'll see what happens but so far I like where this is going.

Oh that sucks Mark passed on it
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    I hope to see Michael Clarke Duncan in P&G!

Banned

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047018?refCatId=13

the rock tweeted about it as well.. saying "Fired up to make a movie w/ my bud Michael Bay. #NoPainNoGain"

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

The director of "The Rock" with The Rock:

BayJohnson.jpg
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

"See you at the Sun Gym." what does this mean? it's under the title of the Pain & Gain forum....

I havent read the stories yet... i'll do it later but i might not want to know to many spoilers, but anyways.. anyone knows?
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Actually Nelson said no Marky Mark.

I would love to see Vin Diesel instead, although he is busy with Riddick.
    Well that would sound a bit too similar to Fast Five no?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Well that would sound a bit too similar to Fast Five no?
    So what? First Michael wanted Dwayne Johnson and Marky Mark and they both stared in The Other Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    So what? First Michael wanted Dwayne Johnson and Marky Mark and they both stared in The Other Guys.
    In all fairness, The Other Guys was a borderline Steven Seagal/Executive Decision-style cameo.

Not saying I don't agree (would be cool for another team up), it's just the casting comparisons to F5 would ring truer than the ones in TOG's.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I'm still rootin' for Andrew Bryniarski.

Failing that, Michael could always team Dwayne with another wrestler-turned-actor, like Paul "Triple H" Levesque.

From /film:
    ‘Bullhead’ US Trailer: Oscar-Nominated ‘Roid Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fischer
    Drafthouse Films found itself in an interesting predicament recently: the label picked up rights to distribute the film Bullhead a couple months ago, and has been planning a rollout. But then the movie snagged a nomination for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar. Suddenly there’s reason to get Bullhead into theaters sooner rather than later, and the Drafthouse team went into overdrive to make that happen.

A poster for the film debuted earlier this week, and now we’ve got the first US trailer. Watching this I can see why the film did well at Fantastic Fest and why Drafthouse Films was eager to pick it up. There is undeniably a fighting angle to the movie, but Bullhead is really a crime thriller that looks like it has one hell of a physical performance from Mattias Schoenaerts. The trailer is oppressive as hell, with an atmosphere that made me a bit uncomfortable in the span of a mere two minutes.

Bullhead will hit theaters on February 17.

Perhaps the year’s most stunning international debut, Michael R. Roskam’s BULLHEAD is a harrowing tale of revenge, redemption and fate. Domineering cattle farmer Jacky Vanmarsenille (Mattias Schoenaerts in a ferocious breakout performance), constantly pumped on steroids and hormones, initiates a shady deal with a notorious mafioso meat trader. When an investigating federal agent is assassinated and a woman from his traumatic past resurfaces, Jacky must confront his demons and face the far-reaching consequences of his decisions. Acclaimed at festivals worldwide including the Berlin Film Festival, AFI Fest and Fantastic Fest, the award-winning BULLHEAD is visceral thriller bursting with rage that TwitchFilm calls “one of the most original crime films in recent memory.”

^^I intentionally haven't read the full P&G story. I only know the synopsis. What's the connection between Bullhead and P&G?

Quote Originally Posted by albershide View Post
    ^^i intentionally haven't read the full p&g story. I only know the synopsis. What's the connection between bullhead and p&g?
    steroids

Does Hugh Laurie fit into the Pain & Gain story?

They just freakin cancelled one of my fav. Tv shows!!! >.< House MD!! No 9th season! and i loved watching it so much i'm so sad i'm going to Miss it and the entire cast! i even have a tear in my eye now

I would love to see those actors in Michael's movies.. If it fits of course..

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    "See you at the Sun Gym." what does this mean? it's under the title of the Pain & Gain forum....

I havent read the stories yet... i'll do it later but i might not want to know to many spoilers, but anyways.. anyone knows?
    Dear Mr. FlyingHeart:

Sorry to procrastinate for so long--nearly a month--before answering your well-intentioned question. The Sun Gym in Miami was the epicenter of the monstrous, murderous conspiracy formed by
    the gym's owner, John Mese, manager, Daniel Lugo, personal trainer, Noel Doorbal, and assorted down-on-their-luck bodybuilders. It was a serious muscle mecca, with many competitive bodybuilders who
    worked toward winning the annual Mr. Florida Bodybuilder contest there. Injectable steroids circulated freely in the Sun Gym's locker area, like two-for-one cocktails at a downtown pub's happy hour.

Without delving into too many so-called spoilers: the Sun Gym was losing members to a new, more sophisticated spandex/workout/pick-up fitness center. The competitor? A Gold's Gym. The solution? A criminal scheme
    the Florida Supreme Court described as "a heinous and bizarre . . . spree of murder and mayhem." The Sun Gym gang's plan? Kidnap a wealthy member of the Sun Gym. Beat, Taser, burn and pistol-whip the guy and deposit him in a Hialeah warehouse. Chain him. Next, torture and extort funds from the blindfolded victim. Motivate him to perform rehearsed scripts with his family, bankers, and lawyers while his sadistic captors held a phone next to his right ear--and a .357 Magnum barrel burrowed into his left. Ransom was never considered. Then, repeat with a fresh victim.

That's all for now, except for a brief comment concerning the relentless drumbeat on the Forum concerning the possible male leads. Here's a hint at a slightly softer tone: It took the Sun Gym gang more than a half-dozen times to kidnap the initial victim. They played the part of Wile E. Coyote to his Roadrunner on Miami's streets. And after a hard day of attempted abduction, the gang retreated to the spectacular Solid Gold nightspot on Biscayne Boulevard and N.E. 163rd Street to watch Miami's most beautiful exotic dancers ply their best stuff-my-garter-belt dance routines. Later, two of the most beautiful young ladies in that galaxy of pulchritude: Beatrix, a knock-out Hungarian import, and Sabina, a Romanian beauty and Penthouse model, are introduced to the crew. As PAIN & GAIN progresses, so do their respective roles.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiPete View Post
    Dear Mr. FlyingHeart:

Sorry to procrastinate for so long--nearly a month--before answering your well-intentioned question. The Sun Gym in Miami was the epicenter of the monstrous, murderous conspiracy formed by
    the gym's owner, John Mese, manager, Daniel Lugo, personal trainer, Noel Doorbal, and assorted down-on-their-luck bodybuilders. It was a serious muscle mecca, with many competitive bodybuilders who
    worked toward winning the annual Mr. Florida Bodybuilder contest there. Injectable steroids circulated freely in the Sun Gym's locker area, like two-for-one cocktails at a downtown pub's happy hour.

Without delving into too many so-called spoilers: the Sun Gym was losing members to a new, more sophisticated spandex/workout/pick-up fitness center. The competitor? A Gold's Gym. The solution? A criminal scheme
    the Florida Supreme Court described as "a heinous and bizarre . . . spree of murder and mayhem." The Sun Gym gang's plan? Kidnap a wealthy member of the Sun Gym. Beat, Taser, burn and pistol-whip the guy and deposit him in a Hialeah warehouse. Chain him. Next, torture and extort funds from the blindfolded victim. Motivate him to perform rehearsed scripts with his family, bankers, and lawyers while his sadistic captors held a phone next to his right ear--and a .357 Magnum barrel burrowed into his left. Ransom was never considered. Then, repeat with a fresh victim.

That's all for now, except for a brief comment concerning the relentless drumbeat on the Forum concerning the possible male leads. Here's a hint at a slightly softer tone: It took the Sun Gym gang more than a half-dozen times to kidnap the initial victim. They played the part of Wile E. Coyote to his Roadrunner on Miami's streets. And after a hard day of attempted abduction, the gang retreated to the spectacular Solid Gold nightspot on Biscayne Boulevard and N.E. 163rd Street to watch Miami's most beautiful exotic dancers ply their best stuff-my-garter-belt dance routines. Later, two of the most beautiful young ladies in that galaxy of pulchritude: Beatrix, a knock-out Hungarian import, and Sabina, a Romanian beauty and Penthouse model, are introduced to the crew. As PAIN & GAIN progresses, so do their respective roles.
    Thanks for the info that was really cool to read.
    I can see that translating very well on screen and in film.

Thank you for that whole introduction of the Pain & Gain story MiamiPete i appreciate it.

We have a simular story in the Netherlands with Freddy Heineken (owner of American/Dutch beer brand Heineken).. the abductor Willem Holleeder "The nose" he's called got his release from prison last week here, he's walking the streets as we speak but can be liquidated any moment..

There's also a movie coming about this:

Thanks for sharing, Mr. MiamiPete.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

From the guy who was in the middle of this whole thing - http://www.painandgainbook.com/book-preface/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/painandgainbook
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."