PDA

View Full Version : Which one of Michael's flicks do you like the LEAST?

LadiesMan217
09-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Well?

My answer:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/152/59646~Pearl-Harbor-Posters.jpg

Not a bad film IMO. It has it's moments, with amazing cinematography and a very good score. It has huge flawes though, and the love story doesn't work at all, but I enjoy it because it's so damn spectacular and enjoyable (at least the last two hours) but it's still my least favourite of Michael's movies. The attack sequence is pretty superb though, but the love triangle is so weak, much because of the bad acting (mainly Affleck and Beckinsale, Hartnett is actually decent in my book), and of course the clichés.

halofan1
09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
*Thinks about answering this thread.*

Too easy.

devonnewberry
09-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I'd have to watch Armageddon here to refresh the memory, but as of this I'll say Pearl Harbor. I didn't hate it, but you obviously know why it's not his strongest.

2nd least favorite would probably be Bad Boys II or Bad Boys. Haven't decided

alexsm
09-09-2007, 01:33 AM
The first Bad Boys.

darthrage
09-09-2007, 04:39 AM
that is a very tough one so I really have to do a movie to movie comparison with each one. I would have to say Pearl Harbor. It doesn't mean that I don't like it. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I enjoyed the other ones more.

Film Freak
09-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Same here...it just seemed to me as if they tried to mix Titanic and Saving Private Ryan together in a big throwback to '40s war movies but it relied way too much on used clichés.
However, it is absolutely stunning to watch and those 45 minutes at the heart of the movie, the attack istelf, I never get tired of watching. It's a lesson in chaos filmmaking...so much going on on this huge canvas of mayhem and everything is clear and spectcaular...to every one who tells me Pearl Harbor is shit, or Michael Bay is a hack, I always answer that they can deny him his personal vision and his maestria in coordinating such set pieces...and I win (I remember showing the featurettes on the Pearl Harbor Anthology DVD to a friend who disliked the movie and he couldn't contradict me : Bay knows how to pull these things off and that inspires respect).

barricade505
09-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I dont know...but i loved transformers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yup yup......wokka wokka!!!!Cant you tell?????:confused::D:rolleyes:

fu2kimus_prime
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
The Island for me, not a bad movie by any stretch but just didn't WOW me like his others have.

Trigger Mike
09-09-2007, 09:01 PM
If I had to choose, I'd probably go with Bad Boys II. Fun action, but not really a stretch for Michael in any way.

Jarek Zabczynski
09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Bad Boys II...I wanted it to be more like the first one. The exclusion of Mark Mancina's score kinda killed it for me.

On that note... :D

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74 :D

wingzero
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Bad Boys 2. It felt rushed compared to the first one, something was wrong with it.
The best Mr.Bay movies so far have been The Island and Transformers, absolutely. Respectively Transformers as #1 and The Island #2.

Jarek Zabczynski
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Armageddon is still his best. Transformers was great and all, but it's still riddled with problems.

Mobe1969
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Hard question. Very hard. For films directed by him, I'd probably go with "Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall"

Clutch
09-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Armageddon is my least favorite. Nothing against his style - I'm just not a huge fan of the end-of-the-world type films.

I can't comment on Pearl Harbor because I have yet to see the entire movie.

MitP
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
TRANSFORMERS was a weird experience for me. Watching it is like having water run over my hand that switches randomly from hot to cold. Overall I'd say it's my least favourite Bay movie, with a few moments that I love.

barricade505
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm not sayin' ........I just joined this site.I don't want to be deleted by the editors or moderators .hahahahaha....just kidden'.i'd have to say TRANSFORMERS had to be my FAVORITE and my least favorite would be....................siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!!!! i'm not tellin' :D

halofan1
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
In all honesty, Armageddon isn't that bad. IMO, it's a big-budgeted B-Movie. It's not a real favorite of mine, but I love the opening to it.

elemental fantasy
09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes, Armageddon is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will NEVER top that movie, EVER!!!!!

As for which one I like the least, shame on you, there are none that are considered the least liked, how dare you even.... pearl harbor.

*runs off rapidly*:p

Galvatron
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Armageddon was good but not nearly as good as Transformers I thought.

:p

Double
09-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's My list from most like to least.

Transformers
The Island (grossly underrated btw)
The Rock
Armageddon
Bad Boys
Pearl Harbor
Bad Boys 2 -Gabriel Union is Hot, but she ruined it "I'm gonna toss it by your feet, right next to the MINE", lame. Martin should have gotten in shape instead of trying to slim down by wearing black, I mean who wears black in Miami, besides David Caruso, and he looks foolish in it, too.

ClaytonMG
10-01-2007, 11:08 AM
here's a list from my favorite to least favorite:

1. Armageddon (come on, electric violin! Best use of an instrument ever!!!)

2. Bad Boys II (This movie knew what it was, just an extreme over the top action film full of violence and intense car chases)

3. Transformers (I'd say this is tied with Bad Boys II and The Rock, just because it was so much fun. Still can't get over the lack of a Blu-Ray though, and I even have an HD-DVD player!!!)

4. The Rock (I actually like the story with this one, plus my favorite moments are when they're about to launch the rocket at the city and there's the shots of San Fran and people going about their normal day with out any knowledge of what's about to happen to them)

5. Pearl Harbor (Love story was meh, but the direction, score, and sound is amazing. Plus it's one of the shortest 3 hour long movies I've ever sat through. It goes by so fast...)

6. Bad Boys (Again, the score to this rocks... Wish Bad Boys II would've had an opening like this one did)

7. The Island (It started out strong, then just became Bad Boys II for me. But again, the score rules)

jaybling
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
A Michael Bay film cannot be that without a Michael Bay car chase. So to Hell with Armageddon and Pearl Harbor! Fuck them both!

glenda12
10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I would have to say Pearl Harbor. I liked the Rock the best.

ClaytonMG
10-04-2007, 12:56 PM
A Michael Bay film cannot be that without a Michael Bay car chase. So to Hell with Armageddon and Pearl Harbor! Fuck them both!

Yeah but you get to see a freaken asteroid chase!!! Come on!

jaybling
10-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah but you get to see a freaken asteroid chase!!! Come on!

Yea but isn't that CGI or like little models of spaceships? I don't remember that but I remember that Bay said his car chases are all shot practical and have CGI elements put in if necessary, like the Transformers in Transformers. Hence making the chases look more real.

NeonShark
10-07-2007, 10:49 PM
For me, I'd have to say none, I really love them all! Guess I'm too easy to please.

Kenzo
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Films of Michael that I like

- Bad Boys
- The Rock
- The Island (one of the most underrated movies ever)
- Bad Boys 2

Films that i disliked

- Pearl Harbour
- Armageddon

Transformers was somewhere between but I think a bigger budget ,something like 250 Millions, would have made wonders :)

kucharsk
10-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Bad Boys II without question. It was just painful, and if I hadn't paid money knowing it was a MB film I would have walked out near the end.

Of course, given my favorite MB film is Pearl Harbor, I guess it's always good to have differing opinions.

My list from favorite to least:

Pearl Harbor
The Island
The Rock
Armageddon
Transformers
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II

shamrocker
11-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I like them all, but Armageddon is the only one I don't own. I cringe a little each time I watch it. I haven't seen Bad Boys II, but here is my list from Favorite to Least Favorite:

The Rock (classic, believable, exciting, incredible score)
Transformers (Love it, but there are a few cheesy moments)
The Island (exciting and underrated+1)
Bad Boys
Pearl Harbor (Beautiful, but too long)
Armageddon (way too cheesy and hard to believe)

I'M TOM LINCOLN
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah my vote is for Armageddon as well. I just wasn't entertained at all by it.

My ranking would be

Transformers
The Rock
The Island
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Pearl Harbor
Armageddon

I think Michael Bay may be the only filmmaker who I've seen the entire filmography of. I think I've missed a few Sam Raimi movies and I am intentionally avoiding Spielberg's more Oscar driven movies.

Bumblebee1983
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Sooo agreed.

Even though I did like Armageddon...kind of. :p

Mobe1969
11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
In all seriousness I can't pick one.

xXRavenXx
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Bad Boys II...I wanted it to be more like the first one. The exclusion of Mark Mancina's score kinda killed it for me.

On that note... :D

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74 :D

Well, I was going to say Pearl Harbor because it takes sooo long to get to where you are going, and most of Bay's films you can watch many times w/o looking and thinking... is it over yet?

Pearl Harbor for entertainment
But
BBII because of the massive summer hype of a movie that didn't measure up. I still watch it all the time cause when Marcus does X... LOL

NBig Fucing eyes, But a Nice Fukin fish!

OH, NOT THE BIMBO

The TV store scene, I can go on and on... n/m Pearl Harbor is my least favorite. This remenesing just made me remember.

tosvus
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Well?

My answer:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/152/59646~Pearl-Harbor-Posters.jpg

Not a bad film IMO. It has it's moments, with amazing cinematography and a very good score. It has huge flawes though, and the love story doesn't work at all, but I enjoy it because it's so damn spectacular and enjoyable (at least the last two hours) but it's still my least favourite of Michael's movies. The attack sequence is pretty superb though, but the love triangle is so weak, much because of the bad acting (mainly Affleck and Beckinsale, Hartnett is actually decent in my book), and of course the clichés.

Totally agree, Beckinsale in particular but also to some degree Affleck were mis-cast in this movie.

tosvus
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Can't he go back and make a director's cut, with an added car chase scene? Maybe Bruce Willis chasing Ben down the highway? They just need to reshoot some close-ups and use stand-ins for the rest :D:D:D

tosvus
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Favorite first (1), least favorite (7)

1. The Rock (It was just a kickass movie when it came out, I must have watched it 10 times). Coming to Blu-Ray in January!

2. Armageddon (Very cool when it came out too.. Want this one on Blu-Ray..)

3. Bad Boys

4. Transformers

5. The Island

6. Bad Boys II

7. Pearl Harbor

Chemical Superfreak
12-05-2007, 08:32 PM

see, this is why i refuse to give PH another try, my Bay love be damned. The PH event itself should never be seen as some way to entertain. What, in 40 years are we gonna have some sleek United 93 action film?

I'm sorry, the acting kills me, the length of the friggin film kills me, the tacked on "attack on hiroshima/nagasaki", i mean i've never wanted to leave a film so badly before, but i just can't get myself to walk out of a movie i've paid to see. I'll stay to the end.

Chemical Superfreak
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM

see, this is why i refuse to give PH another try, my Bay love be damned. The PH event itself should never be seen as some way to entertain. What, in 40 years are we gonna have some sleek United 93 action film? Obviously we couldn't have a 9/11 action film as that's not how the event unfolded, we didn't fight off the hijackers through New York, but you see what i mean.

I'm sorry, the acting kills me, the length of the friggin film kills me, the tacked on "attack on hiroshima/nagasaki" ending kills me, i mean i've never wanted to leave a film so badly before, but i just can't get myself to walk out of a movie i've paid to see. I'll stay to the end.

D3lta
12-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I would say The Island. It wasn't a bad movie, but not nearly as good as his other work.

kevski
12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Bad Boys 2.

Crap score, too much violence, too much action, not too fussed on the cinematography, no goosebumps.

But still his funniest film!

nathan alexander
12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Bad Boys 2.

Crap score, too much violence, too much action, not too fussed on the cinematography, no goosebumps.

But still his funniest film!

Totally agree:) Bay's movies go hand in hand with the score. I go to watch his films for the emotion, and the goosebump effect. Armageddon was loaded with it, so was The Rock, and Pearl Harbor too. I love Titanic for the same reason. There aren't enough films like that now. If you want torture, try watching Bad Boys 2 in french at the movie theatre, I came out wanting to kill myself.

Chemical Superfreak
12-07-2007, 09:19 PM
If you want torture, try watching Bad Boys 2 in french at the movie theatre, I came out wanting to kill myself.wow. i came out of PH and Titanic wanting to kill myself.

MjM878
12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Bad Boys II is not only my favorite Michael Bay movie but it is my favorite movie all time! I loved it, I think it was funny, exciting, action packed, had a good story, great directing, and great acting. That's just my personal opionon though. I enjoyed Bays movies in this order, Greatest to least

Bad Boys II
The Rock
Armaggedon
Pearl Harbor
Bad Boys
Transformers
The Island

Morgane
01-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Pearl Harbor.

But I don't think it's fair to blame him for it. I actually liked the look of the film in fact it was spot on, like a drawn out version of that famous picture with the sailor kisisng the girl in Times square.

But the script and the dialogue. why oh why if you have an excellent action director and a movie about arguably one of the most- if not the most definitive moments of WWII- did anyone feel the need to clog up proceedings with a moronic love triangle.
Let alone the reference to Rafe flying in England, have him fly there but leave out the he's better than the rest of the pilotsi n the battle of Britain schtick.

But more importantly the man or woman that wrote the 'you are going to be a dad. No , you are' exchange should never be allowed a screenplay again. EVER.

Ironically, I think if Michael Bay had been more Baylike the movie would have been a lot better.

HarryCanyon
01-08-2010, 03:14 AM
My least favorite is Pearl Harbor, i mean it had style and stuff even in the director's cut. But it's no match for James Cameron's masterpiece Titanic which is a superior film.

kucharsk
01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Pearl Harbor was perfect if you understand what Michael was going for - an old fashioned World War II movie that also paid respect to those who lived through it.

Really, I think Michael would be pleased by the characterization of the film as "a drawn out version of that famous picture with the sailor kisisng the girl in Times Square" as that was exactly what he was going for.

Bad Boys 2 and Transformers 2 are the only two MB films that had me checking my watch. :(