PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed

xAgonyxScenex
11-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Do not buy this game. Rent it yes...buy....no.

I can't see myself really ever going back and playing this game again after I beat it.

The game is gorgeous, ridiculously gorgeous, the world and cities are breathtaking. They are fully realized cities, they do not feel cookie cutter at all. The crowd system is amazing, and the free running aspect is awesome as hell.

So the free running is VERY easy to do. You simply hold down the right trigger and the A button on an XBOX controller and thats it. You move your analog stick in the direction you want to run, jump, and climb, and Altier does it.

I haven't decided yet if I like that it's that flawlessly easy or not. But a LOT of work obviously went in to making it that easy. Which brings me to the animations.

Smooth as freaking butter. No awkward transition animations to speak of. Ubisoft Montreal definitely set an industry bar here.

So the free running is great, but then comes combat and the rest of the game...well...sort of a game.

So the combat is fun. In my opinion. You'll hear mixed reviews on it. I suggest finding some game play clips and deciding for yourself, but I love it. Swords actually connect, and it feels and looks real. You will not be button mashing. And there are some really brutal sword kills in the game.

Other then that Altier is an assassin, and in the game you'll assassinate 9 main people. In between that, the ONLY thing you do is (rescue locals from bully guards, ease drop on locals who have info, interrogate people for info, assassinate people for people in hiding for info, or pickpocket). That is it. After a while it just gets tedious and way to repetitious. If you buy this game and are playing in hour long spurts every couple days, it probably wont get that boring and tedious.

There are 3 main cities and in between each cities is a large over world that you travel through by horseback. Think Shadow of Colossus. And the over world is beautiful to travel through. Eventually you are able to fast travel between cities.

If you have any knowledge of this game, then you know there is a major story plot twist in the game. Thing is, you find out the second you put the disc in. And yes, it's what EVERYBODY and the mother guessed it would be. Hopefully me saying that doesn't piss you off. If it does, then it would have pissed you off just as much when you booted up the game. I haven't gotten far enough in the game to know if this reveal right away is worth it, or if the story is even any good yet. So that much I cannot tell you. But as far as game play, you've got my opinion.

Lastly, voice acting is good, and so far the script dialog has been very good. Altier's voice acting is really only good for part of the game....you'll see what I mean when you start playing. Other then that it's not terrible.

devonnewberry
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Get Call of Duty 4. I just bought it and it's fucking incredible

xAgonyxScenex
11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Get Call of Duty 4. I just bought it and it's fucking incredible

i've played about an hour of it so far. My friend has it, just beat it, and is going to let me borrow it.

Tobi
11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Got COD4 last week, have't even bothered with the single player yet, it's been all about the multiplayer for me, it's addicting as hell.