PDA

View Full Version : So when will the score soundtrack be announced?

LadiesMan217
04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Some of the upcoming soundtracks for Summer-movies (Angels & Demons, Wolverine, Star Trek etc.) already have release dates, tracklistings and cover arts so when will Steve Jablonsky's score soundtrack be announced?

I'm just sayin'... if they don't release his music and once again puts out a cheap jukebox soundtrack with terrible, terrible songs that nobody on Earth wants to buy anyway and we'll have to wait six months for Jablonsky's music only to have it go out of print within like two months I'm not watching this film.

It's a cheap, cheap advertising scam and I can't be the only here who wants the real music written for the film.

phoenixgirl
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Tell me about it. I wan't to get the score for the first movie but couldn't find it anywhere. And the prices on Ebay, ridikulous.

Link
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Who knows, I hope we get a notice or something. They should release 2 soundtracks, like Watchmen, they released one with songs, and other one with the score.
If they don't release the score, I''l rip out of the movie illegally. Just kidding, Steve's work give this "soul" of adventure and action to the movie, and he's excellent by doing it.
I hope Bay read this, so he realizes that there are Jablonsky's fans here.

Ohh, Phoenixgirl, you could use a torrent to download it or something. I didn't buy it, it's a great piece of work.

LadiesMan217
04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
They should release 2 soundtracks, like Watchmen, they released one with songs, and other one with the score.

But why? You do realize that all the songs on the first soundtrack for TF were chart music. Most of the bands featured on that CD had own albums out that Summer. They were all on the soundtrack for a reason. It was just another lame piece of product placement.

Watchmen at least had stuff like Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix on it. There because Zack Snyder wanted to. I definitely don't want to offend or diss Bay on his own board but I don't believe they put that terrible Linkin Park-song playing over Prime's last narration/end credits for any other reason than $$$.

I really hope there's just Jablonsky's music on the sequel. Plus the original Transformers Theme and The Touch playing over the end credits as an homage to the fans :cool: That would be awesome.

Ladies_Man_217
04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I can't be the only here who wants the real music written for the film.I don't want to sound biased but......Steve's score of TF-1 is one of the BEST I have heard & I can't wait to hear his work in the second {if in fact he returns} :)

littleman794
04-16-2009, 05:31 PM
where can we get the score for tf1?

taybrian1
04-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I got mine off the internet, and I don't know what I would have done without it when I was flying for the first time. I hope they have the scores for the second film on CD as well. I'm sure all of the scores will be just as beautiful.

Inflataman
04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I borrowed it from my friend (right before he moved) and never gave it back. The suckers in Ottawa now.
I don't believe they put that terrible Linkin Park-song playing over Prime's last narration/end credits for any other reason than $$$. I disagree I liked What I've Done it just seemed to fit the movie somehow not lyrically but as a whole. I know a lot of people who liked it too. Can you imagine if they played the original theme for the credits I mean after a fantastic speech like Prime's that would've been cheesy (in a bad way). I don't think it's has a release date because Steve hasn't composed it yet Mike's still working on the cut so how would Steve see the scenes to compose?

Ladies_Man_217
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I liked What I've Done it just seemed to fit the movie somehow not lyrically but as a whole. I know a lot of people who liked it too. Can you imagine if they played the original theme for the credits I mean after a fantastic speech like Prime's that would've been cheesy (in a bad way).GREAT SONG!! I must agree that it fit perfectly at the end like you said. No matter what....this film will have great musical choices & an awesome score especially if SJ is behind it :)

calmontoya
04-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought that the first soundtrack was lame too... I only liked "What I've Done" and that's it.... the rest of the songs were fillers...

But what I didn't know is that they actually released the Score!!!!... I'm so getting it right away.... :D

BigChap
04-17-2009, 02:57 AM
I thought that the first soundtrack was lame too... I only liked "What I've Done" and that's it.... the rest of the songs were fillers...

But what I didn't know is that they actually released the Score!!!!... I'm so getting it right away.... :D

Be warned dude the score soundtrack is very expensive to buy on cd your best bet would maybe be to buy them as download tracks

littleman794
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
like, the score for the orchestra music?

scarey123
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
You know if they are looking to change the music artist for this movie or even for future Transformers movies Clint Mansell would be a pretty good alternate choice.

nelson
04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't know about the score, but it appears the record labels want in.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/04/the-quarterly-report-the-best-hip-hop-albums-of-the-first-quarter-of-2009.html

The Quarterly Report: The best hip-hop albums of 2009, thus far.

12:17 PM PT, Apr 16 2009

The first quarter is typically a more barren season for major rap releases, and 2009's first quarter was no different. With major labels increasingly drawn to the Michael Bay blockbuster model, the indies were there to pick up much of the slack.

Andreas
04-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Who cares about the soundtrack, I want the score.

There was like only one or two good tracks on the soundtrack for the first movie.

StefsChemicalRomance
04-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Some of the upcoming soundtracks for Summer-movies (Angels & Demons, Wolverine, Star Trek etc.) already have release dates, tracklistings and cover arts so when will Steve Jablonsky's score soundtrack be announced?

I'm just sayin'... if they don't release his music and once again puts out a cheap jukebox soundtrack with terrible, terrible songs that nobody on Earth wants to buy anyway and we'll have to wait six months for Jablonsky's music only to have it go out of print within like two months I'm not watching this film.

It's a cheap, cheap advertising scam and I can't be the only here who wants the real music written for the film.

2 Exceptions. Watchmen. The Boat That Rocked. :D

But otherwise, I agree.

Jablonsky and Zimmer for Life!

r-type
04-18-2009, 02:42 AM
2 Exceptions. Watchmen. The Boat That Rocked. :D

But otherwise, I agree.

Jablonsky and Zimmer for Life!

Speaking of.... (http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/files/884c35939b63bbd222b7e57d068dc165-267.html)

According to Bay, Hans Zimmer protege Steve Jablonsky "wrote some big cues with Hans on 'Pearl Harbor.' Now it's the other way around," with Zimmer assisting Jablonsky on "Transformers." :eek:

Steve
04-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Release the orchestral score a few days before the movie hits theaters!

I will buy it if they release and sell it worldwide in stores!