PDA

View Full Version : 60 days - REVENGE

michaelbay
04-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said "It's awesome". He felt this movie was better than the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

We have 60 days left. Let me tell you it will be a race to finish. It's 12 at night and we are still working here in the edit room. Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects. We also just finished our trailer which is coming out with Wolverine. Talk to you soon.

Michael

darthrage
04-15-2009, 03:57 AM
sweet!! even better! I thought originally the trailer will be with Star Trek on the 7th but Wolverine on the 1st is even better! :)

Just to clarify, if you're doing edits still, will it affect the 147 minute runtime that was announced to be locked in?

Thanks for the update Michael and keep up the good work!

sora
04-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I have no doubt just two months later we audiences will say "Awesome" too. :)

Ladies_Man_217
04-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said
"It's awesome". He felt this movie was better then the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

We have 60 days left. Let me tell you it will be a race to finish. It's 12 at night and we are still working here in the edit room. Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects. We also just finished our trailer which is coming out with Wolverine. Talk to you soon.

MichaelI can guarantee we will LOVE it Mr. Bay :)

It has been a great ride so far and it keeps getting better every day. Thanks for being loyal to us. Have a great night and get some rest :D

EDIT: I also wanted to say that I was there last June in Bethlehem and I heard the fan support around the Lehigh Valley and the consensus is.....you struck GOLD with this franchise---I can't wait to see how AWESOME you made my hometown steel mill look in an IMAX theater. The Lehigh Valley is behind the BAY-HEM 100% :)

Hanna
04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

Not invited, why? I do believe I'm insulted a little.:rolleyes:

Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects.

Crunch time!!! A VFX artist's dream and nightmare. Means OT. Who doesn't LOVE overtime in a recession. :D

Ironhide1977
04-15-2009, 04:17 AM
Hi Guys,
I am new here. I hope you welcome me. I am a german Transformers-Fan since my childhood. I canīt wait until June. I watched the Teaser about 30 times. I am so afraid of that Prime will die in this movie. This would be
very very dramatic for me.
Mr. Bay thank you for the news. And thank you for shooting the Transformers movies. A childīs dream become true. Sorry for anykind of mistakes. This is my first english posting in the last 10 years.

Best regards from Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977

Hanna
04-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Hi Guys,
I am new here. I hope you welcome me. I am a german Transformers-Fan since my childhood. I canīt wait until June. I watched the Teaser about 30 times. I am so afraid of that Prime will die in this movie. This would be
very very dramatic for me.
Mr. Bay thank you for the news. And thank you for shooting the Transformers movies. A childīs dream become true. Sorry for anykind of mistakes. This is my first english posting in the last 10 years.

Best regards from Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977

Welcome! And your English is very good, so don't worry.

Ironhide1977
04-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh thank you very much. The news means we will see an new Trailer in a few weeks? Awesome! The Life of a german Fan is not very easy. The Cartoons are often very bad dubbed. So we have to watch it in english. To buy the action figures isnīt very easy to. The assortment here is often very lousy. I am very angry about the actuality that our IMAX cinemas in
Germany will not show Transformers. Oh man I hate them all. *lol*

Best regards for Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977

hautbasclair
04-15-2009, 04:33 AM
"It's awesome"

We knew.

thelastautobot
04-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Thanx Michael..very informative!!

Grazer
04-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Sweet!!! Thanks for the update Michael :)

transfrominside
04-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Cant wait to see TF2 rock the world baby!!:lol

bliss81
04-15-2009, 05:46 AM
hey mike, how 'bout a premiere at the Opera House in Sydney?? Star Trek premiere with Abrams was a blast here. hope you think about it.:cool:

Michael Do
04-15-2009, 05:46 AM
thanks, can't wait

sharpie
04-15-2009, 06:31 AM
not invited, YET. I like that, does that mean my airplane ticket to come over and watch it is not in the post YET, but will be SOON? :p

sideswipe2005
04-15-2009, 07:02 AM
hey mike, how 'bout a premiere at the Opera House in Sydney?? Star Trek premiere with Abrams was a blast here. hope you think about it.:cool:

Opera house sounds wow cool. I'd love to see the massive replica of bumble bee there this time around or maybe have the Sydney/World premiere at the IMAX theatre at Darling Habour. Whatta think Mike ?

phoenixgirl
04-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the update and I hope things go well from here on out.

For the record, I have watched all your movies including the Island flop, and I thought Transformers was the best movie you ever did. I agree with Spielberg that this movie will be better and more awesome.

SDL
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Thank you for taking a few moments out of your busy schedule to post this.

megatron42
04-15-2009, 08:42 AM
sweet thanks

Trailbreaker
04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said
"It's awesome". He felt this movie was better then the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

Sounds awesome, if Spielberg can be wowed by an unfinished cut of the film, can you imagine how awesome the final cut is gonna be? So looking forward to this. It would be an honor to be invited to see an early screening, but Mr. Bay, don't consider me as an invite for I will be busy for the next couple of months with school work. I'm sure you would understand that (if you're reading this anyway) because you're AWESOME.:D

Michael

This is news I wanted to hear. Now I don't have to wait till Star Trek, though, I will still be seeing it. I wouldn't be surprised anyway if they stuck a trailer in front of that.

Nukester
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
awesome update Mr.Bay! I can't remember the last film I've been so excited to see in the cinema.. oh I remember... it was Transformers :)

The Tattletale
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Yup, back row and everything.

I was wondering where he was going when he started with "Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats"... hehehe

UnclePetey
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Awesome- thanks, Mr. Bay... you have at least one 31-year old feeling like a little kid again!

littleman794
04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
thanks a lot michael, this information is very satisfactoring:D

can't wait for wolverine!

ariggsy1976
04-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Outstanding news, now I really want to see Wolverine. Thanks Mike:D

guppyvh
04-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks fot the post ^^, june 24 is gonna rock!!!!!!

Damn... i wanted to do homework today, but im too hyped.....
Not that i really mind :P

Andreas
04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey Michael, please fly me in from Sweden to those screenings, will ya?!

Yeah, a man can only dream...

:)

Wilkicky
04-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Hmm... Maybe if i sell gramps old glasses and his sextant on ebay i can affort a plane ticket ;)

taybrian1
04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for telling us! I can't wait for the film. It'll be a great way to finish off my birthday.

chatterbox
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
cool i dont care if its late into cinemas to perfect the editing DONT RUSH!

/enters hopes and dream sequence*
wouldnt it be awsome to be one of the priviledged few to see the pre screening vewing sigh*

/leaves state

chatterbox
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
thanks for telling us! I can't wait for the film. It'll be a great way to finish off my birthday.

happy birthday tay tay!! *hugs*

Coppernite
04-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Duly noted and greatly appreciated, thanks Mr. Bay

plus, you managed to combine (sorta) two of the movies I've been most interested in this year, Wolverine with a trailer for TF2, awesomeness indeed...

Optimash Prime
04-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Happy BDAY Tay!!
Any who.... Bay thanks for the info I bet fox payed you a bribe to have the trailer for wolverine to attract all of us to see wolverine since they are expecting loses cause of the leaked movie.

chatterbox
04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I bet fox payed you a bribe to have the trailer for wolverine to attract all of us to see wolverine since they are expecting loses cause of the leaked movie.

interesting;)

r-type
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Cool.

What was it, like 4 days before the deadline that movie 1 was locked down?

Sounds like it might be another close one.

Looking forward to it.

snipperoth
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Ah man that's sweet, and that "the MAN" Mr. Spielberg said it was better than the first is nice to hear.
PS: a test screening in holland would be nice :lol but then again like Andreas said: "A man can only dream..."

taybrian1
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
happy birthday tay tay!! *hugs*

I think you guys misunderstood me. I meant that the movie will be. My birthday isn't until June when the movie comes out.

Jablonskyfan
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Cant wait to see TF2 rock the world baby!!:lol
word! :)

Steve
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
a test screening in holland would be nice

No no no! In BELGIUM! :D

Link
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said "It's awesome". He felt this movie was better than the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

Michael

YES!!! finally a good update.
I'm going to LOVE that movie, can't wait!!!

snipperoth
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
No no no! In BELGIUM! :D
If it were Belgium i would go there not too far from me hehe

5 Star General
04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Big Mike, you just gave me another reason to watch wolverine in theater

Link
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Since we're getting possibly the last trailer for ROTF, the only thing we need is a new poster!
Please Mr. Bay, how about a new official poster?

fu2kimus_prime
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Awesome thanks for the info. If Spielberg is wowed by a rough cut I'll trust the great mans judgment must be awesome! :)

BigChap
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Hoots mon! Bring it on!

XxSoundwavexX
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
oh man great update Mr.bay thnx :)

Swift
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Awesome!! Thanx Bay, this is INSANE!!

snipperoth
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Since we're getting possibly the last trailer for ROTF, the only thing we need is a new poster!
Please Mr. Bay, how about a new official poster?
Maybe we will get some new ones after the tfcons.

Firefrost
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

calmontoya
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
It's nice to see that Mr. Bay is somehow helping Wolverine... what they did to that movie was really f*cked up (even if you're not a fan)... I'm watching it!

So, it's really cool to know that the trailer comes a little bit earlier, it's just a shame that they don't respect that in my country (they show whatever they want)... but at least I'm sure Mike will also post it online soon!!!

Aesop_Prime
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Can't wait for the trailer! Looks like I have an excuse to see X-Men Origins! LOL.

Fallen's Bane
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM

Michael

Great to hear that Spielberg loved how the film came out! This could be the equivalent to James Cameron's Aliens! I hope you do a screening in Northern New Jersey. If you do, i'd be glad to come!

TIMtationX
04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
My head hurts...

cuguy
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Him saying 'Awesome' reminds me of the beginning of Austin Powers Goldmember.

"My little gold friend here says it is good just how it is."
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080522/Spielberg/Austin-Paltrow-Spielberg_l.jpg

taybrian1
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Wow, a second reason to see "Wolverine." The first one is Gambit. Sexy, sexy Gambit.

UnclePetey
04-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow, a second reason to see "Wolverine." The first one is Gambit. Sexy, sexy Gambit.

Women are pigs... all you think about is, well, procreating...

nightshade
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Michael
Sounds great Mr Bay, I can't wait to see it when it comes out:D

Jason Gould
04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't wait to see the new trailer, I was planning to see X-men Origins: Wolverine any. I love the X-Men.

Steve
04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Only 1 thing:

Will the trailer be attached only in USA or worldwide? I go to Wolverine with friends and i really hope i gonna see the ROTF trailer then.

So, mister Bay:

Will the trailer be worldwide with Wolverine?

I live in Belgium by the way! :)

Steve

MitP
04-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Let's hope REVENGE is one of those rare beasts that topples the first movie.

brAnd7onX
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
umm lets just hope the trailer will be shown during ALL theatres in the U.S..... *COUGH* FRIDAY THE 13TH *COUGH* :deadhorse1:

phoenixgirl
04-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Only 1 thing:

Will the trailer be attached only in USA or worldwide? I go to Wolverine with friends and i really hope i gonna see the ROTF trailer then.

So, mister Bay:

Steve

I went through the same thing with the first trailer on Friday the 13th. I live in Canada and when Friday the 13th was released up here, the TF2 trailer was not attached. Same with the Superbowl.

Don't worry, the trailer will be up on the internet either before or shortly after Wolverine comes out. So you will still see it when everyone else does, just don't expect it with Wolverine.

TIMtationX
04-15-2009, 04:49 PM
umm lets just hope the trailer will be shown during all theatres in the u.s..... *cough* friday the 13th *cough* :deadhorse1:

*agrees*

highdefw
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
AWESOME!!!

20th Century Fox must have went to Bay and begged him to put his final trailer on their movie since Wolverine was leaked. This definitely confirms I will be seeing Wolverine (again ;)). Of course I will still be seeing Star Trek as well.

I can't wait until at work at ILM. I'm still in high school, but I know in a few years I will be working with the BEST, and hopefully one day with Bay as well.

snipperoth
04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I went through the same thing with the first trailer on Friday the 13th. I live in Canada and when Friday the 13th was released up here, the TF2 trailer was not attached. Same with the Superbowl.

Don't worry, the trailer will be up on the internet either before or shortly after Wolverine comes out. So you will still see it when everyone else does, just don't expect it with Wolverine.
But still it has a better impact in the theaters to be honest

McCue
04-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I cannot wait. I will see it at midnight for sure.

JOLIN
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Cant wait for ROTF, for the first movie I had to drag a lot of people to see it but once they did they were like "awsome", I dont think it will be that way this time. ROTF will rock!:)

dragonfire144
04-15-2009, 06:34 PM
2 weeks sweet bay you rock!

primusnine
04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
This is kick ass news! Cheers for the updates.

Shadow
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Bay... Do you have anyone in mind that you may invite to the first screening?;)

Burnflare
04-15-2009, 09:17 PM
It seems I'm a little late to the party, but nevertheless...

Awesomeness!!!!! I was going to see Wolverine anyway, but now I'm even more hyped!!! Hyped for BAY-HEM!!!!

Ed Fuego
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Very Nice.

Ed Fuego

Michael

Jammed9000
04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
If someone can make speilberg say "it's awesome" then you should know you're doing something right.

jceperley
04-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Does it make any sense that the trailer's going with Wolverine. It should be with Star Trek. Considering that Transformers and Star Trek are Paramount two big titles for the summer, and Wolverine is from another studio (Fox) and is now expected to bomb. So, what kinda world will it be if Wolverine gets a trailer for one of Paramount's biggest films of the year, when another one of Paramount's big films arrives less than a week later.

littleman794
04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
good point. but who cares if it's true? at least we get a trailer:D

taybrian1
04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
If someone can make speilberg say "it's awesome" then you should know you're doing something right.

I think hearing him say "holy freaking crap" would be even better.

Trailbreaker
04-16-2009, 12:34 AM
I think hearing him say "holy freaking crap" would be even better.
Didn't Bay say in one interview that he got Spielberg to use an expletive at one point?

SamWitwicky
04-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Does it make any sense that the trailer's going with Wolverine. It should be with Star Trek. Considering that Transformers and Star Trek are Paramount two big titles for the summer, and Wolverine is from another studio (Fox) and is now expected to bomb. So, what kinda world will it be if Wolverine gets a trailer for one of Paramount's biggest films of the year, when another one of Paramount's big films arrives less than a week later.

i think theyre doing it because they know its going to tank, so theyre adding juice in front of the movie.

TIMtationX
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM

I don't understand the big deal here. I'm sure it'll be attached to both movies.

Optimash Prime
04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Bay thanks for the info I bet fox payed you a bribe to have the trailer for wolverine to attract all of us to see wolverine since they are expecting loses cause of the leaked movie.

Like I stated early in this thread.....Fox must of bribed or begged for Bay to hook it up plus i think its a nice gesture for these two major competitors to help each other out to fight piracy ..because we will all go see it now

Chip
04-16-2009, 11:03 AM
I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

Michael

How about a charity preview in Detroit to show support for GM and the domestic auto industry. I think a charity event with a minimum donation would be a great way to bring attention to the movie and also serve as a worthy promotion for General Motors who has had to scale back advertising costs. I would gladly pay as much as $250 per ticket benefiting a local charity for a special showing at the GM HQ or one of the many historic Detroit theatres. Hell, I would even put my event management experience to good use and assist in the local coordination (I am a former Events Manager for the Arthritis Foundation who has coordinated massive world wide logistics). Just a thought...

BTW...sorry I haven't been chatting guys and gals. I'm still here. Just don't feel like spoiling the movie by posting and reading too much before it screens.

chatterbox
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
you think there will be a competition for preview screenings?

Double
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM
It's so close. Me and a friend were talking last summer about being "just a year away". And now here we are:D:D:D

taybrian1
04-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Okay, I don't know why I just found this. Did anyone else know that the guy that plays Agent Simmons was the voice of the character Monkeybone in the movie with the same name? That just blew me away! I don't know if I can look at him the same when I see ROTF. He went from a completely crappy movie to one of the best ones! Good work, dude.

taybrian1
04-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

Michael

Pwease? *sad puppy eyes.* I'll wash your car.

Burnflare
04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Pwease? *sad puppy eyes.* I'll wash your car.

He wouldn't trust you with whatever fancy and expensive car he has. But I'm sure he would trust me. :D

taybrian1
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM
He wouldn't trust you with whatever fancy and expensive car he has. But I'm sure he would trust me. :D

I'm a good girl. I wouldn't drive the danged thing, I don't have a license! I'm just a neat freak that would do a good job.

Burnflare
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't drive the danged thing

Well of course you wouldn't! Not when I sto- borrowed his keys.

calmontoya
04-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Well of course you wouldn't! Not when I sto- borrowed his keys.

Dude. you and taybrian1 can relax... I'm sure he doesn't have just one car!!! ;).... :D

redqueenar
04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
How about a charity preview in Detroit to show support for GM and the domestic auto industry. I think a charity event with a minimum donation would be a great way to bring attention to the movie and also serve as a worthy promotion for General Motors who has had to scale back advertising costs. I would gladly pay as much as $250 per ticket benefiting a local charity for a special showing at the GM HQ or one of the many historic Detroit theatres. Hell, I would even put my event management experience to good use and assist in the local coordination (I am a former Events Manager for the Arthritis Foundation who has coordinated massive world wide logistics). Just a thought...

BTW...sorry I haven't been chatting guys and gals. I'm still here. Just don't feel like spoiling the movie by posting and reading too much before it screens.

That's a lovely idea, Chip!

vittaldadambbs
04-17-2009, 12:38 AM
thanks for the update Mr. BAY

YOU RULE

sora
04-17-2009, 01:37 AM

BTW...sorry I haven't been chatting guys and gals. I'm still here. Just don't feel like spoiling the movie by posting and reading too much before it screens.That's a great idea. Glad to see you posting here again! How've you been? :)

StefsChemicalRomance
04-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Is anyone else extremely jealous of Steven and Bay?

Lol.

Great news, Mike! :D

Ladies_Man_217
04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Is anyone else extremely jealous of Steven and Bay?2 words

OF COURSE

I read a post on the TF blog where someone said that he was jealous of Mr. Bay b/c he knew how this movie would play out & the bloggers only have rumors to work with :)

Firefrost
04-17-2009, 02:33 AM
2 words

OF COURSE

I read a post on the TF blog where someone said that he was jealous of Mr. Bay b/c he knew how this movie would play out & the bloggers only have rumors to work with :)
One word En-vy. Or was it E.T.? :lol

Trailbreaker
04-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Is anyone else extremely jealous of Steven and Bay?

No, they made the movie after all. Besides, I think this "cut" of Bay's the two were watching is probably incomplete footage. Probably more editing and rendering work is needed, cutting out unwanted footage. So I think we are gonna see something better, so nope, I ain't jealous.:D

StefsChemicalRomance
04-17-2009, 10:14 PM
No, they made the movie after all. Besides, I think this "cut" of Bay's the two were watching is probably incomplete footage. Probably more editing and rendering work is needed, cutting out unwanted footage. So I think we are gonna see something better, so nope, I ain't jealous.:D

:confused:

What a buzzkill.

Trailbreaker
04-17-2009, 10:19 PM

What a buzzkill.
lol wha-?

StefsChemicalRomance
04-17-2009, 10:29 PM
lol wha-?

You didn't need to be a homo. Lol.

StefsChemicalRomance
04-17-2009, 10:29 PM
*Prays Bay decide to do some test screenings in New Zealand..*

:D

Trailbreaker
04-17-2009, 10:38 PM
You didn't need to be a homo. Lol.
You lost me.

highdefw
04-18-2009, 02:18 AM
2 more months...

I still remember looking at the count down clock with 450+ days. They didn't even start filming yet! :eek:

seanryan
04-18-2009, 08:53 AM
You had me at Spielberg LOL!

But seriously, can you get a better qualified thumbs up and on an unfinished cut. WOW.

Trailer looks amazing and great opening day date.

It is going to be massive.

+ can only imagine the pressure of getting through post production.

Best of luck with it.

littleman794
04-19-2009, 02:01 AM
hey!!! what did you do with the thread nelson??? what the heck is going on?!?!?

its not on the michaelbay site either!!!

phew, good thing i downloaded it...

but still!!

powerbomb1411
04-19-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm still not convinced June 24th will be the day. I would not be a bit surprised if it's bumped up a bit earlier. And with Star Trek getting the early release treatment. There is less doubt in my mind. But I just want it announced already so I can put in to have those days off.

wingzero
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm still not convinced June 24th will be the day. I would not be a bit surprised if it's bumped up a bit earlier. And with Star Trek getting the early release treatment. There is less doubt in my mind. But I just want it announced already so I can put in to have those days off.

An earlier release date? No, no way! I absolutely think that it would be better to see the movie release date postponed like one whole week if they need to than having it released with any possible either minor or major CGI and editing issues/mistakes left in it due to the rushing.
So no earlier release dates, please. If Mr.Bay and his crew, if the ILM staff can't finalize perfectly the CGI to be flawless then it's better to see the movie delayed a few days or a couple weeks than having it released earlier or on time but flawed.
The CGI must be absolutely perfect, top-notch with no flaws and rendered at the maximum possible quality. I don't want to see some scenes with lower quality rendering used as a trick to meet the release date with no delays because such a thing would surely backfire badly. The CGI must be the best one in every single scene, it must look amazing everytime and absolutely perfect. Otherwise competitors movies will easily gain ground if the general public could ever see that their CGI is less flawed than that on Transformers2:ROTF.
So, no thanks, no earlier release dates and no risk to get flawed CGI scenes. The movie must be fully finalized and triple, quadruple checked so that no one could nitpick any either minor or major flaws in it.
Nothing can be perfect but errors and mistakes could be reduced as much as possible up to the point that 99.99% of people can't recognize them because they are so tiny that it's impossible to notice.

highdefw
04-19-2009, 12:18 PM
An earlier release date? No, no way! I absolutely think that it would be better to see the movie release date postponed like one whole week if they need to than having it released with any possible either minor or major CGI and editing issues/mistakes left in it due to the rushing.
So no earlier release dates, please. If Mr.Bay and his crew, if the ILM staff can't finalize perfectly the CGI to be flawless then it's better to see the movie delayed a few days or a couple weeks than having it released earlier or on time but flawed.
The CGI must be absolutely perfect, top-notch with no flaws and rendered at the maximum possible quality. I don't want to see some scenes with lower quality rendering used as a trick to meet the release date with no delays because such a thing would surely backfire badly. The CGI must be the best one in every single scene, it must look amazing everytime and absolutely perfect. Otherwise competitors movies will easily gain ground if the general public could ever see that their CGI is less flawed than that on Transformers2:ROTF.
So, no thanks, no earlier release dates and no risk to get flawed CGI scenes. The movie must be fully finalized and triple, quadruple checked so that no one could nitpick any either minor or major flaws in it.
Nothing can be perfect but errors and mistakes could be reduced as much as possible up to the point that 99.99% of people can't recognize them because they are so tiny that it's impossible to notice.

lol I think he gets it now...

ken986
04-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Dude, I've seen all your films and loved each one.

I'm sure we will love this one too. Maybe the most.

powerbomb1411
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Wow, but the general public wouldn't notice the flaws that some CGI nuts would notice. And wit the scenes moving quickly, the amount of barely visible flaws will be reduced even more. I didn't notice any visible flaws in the CGI from the first movie. There were even some scenes, where if it wasn't a film, I would have belived they really did build real life functional Transformers.

yoco
04-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey guys I have a question. Bay said that new trailer will be in front of Wolverine. Will this be worldwide? I'm asking cuz I'm six hours ahead of america and I'm definetly gonna go watch Wolverine. :D

littleman794
04-19-2009, 02:10 PM
it should be worldwide.;)

yoco
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Thats freakin awsome! :D
I can't wait :D

Steve
04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey guys I have a question. Bay said that new trailer will be in front of Wolverine. Will this be worldwide? I'm asking cuz I'm six hours ahead of america and I'm definetly gonna go watch Wolverine. :D

I asked the same question:

Only 1 thing:

So, mister Bay:

Steve

And i really hope they release it worldwide!

From wich country are you yoco?

yoco
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Slovenia

Wouldn't be cool to see the final trailer before america does :D :p

powerbomb1411
04-19-2009, 03:21 PM
That will only happen in theory. I won't be a bit surprised if the final trailer shows up online before Wolverine's release. Paramount has to reason to hold the trailer hostage past that day. Wolverine is Fox not Paramount. Now if it was debuting with Stark Trek, then I could see them holding the trailer hostage for a few days.

SomeCroatianGuy
04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Slovenia

Wouldn't be cool to see the final trailer before america does :D :p

well, I hope you get the new trailer in your country because that would mean I will also see it. (in country next to yours :D )

yoco
04-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey neighbour! ;)

pozdrav u hrvatsku

SomeCroatianGuy
04-19-2009, 03:33 PM
;) hi

AutostreamFilms
04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
...We also just finished our trailer which is coming out ...

The TF2 trailer I saw seems very dark. It works, of course. Its just that Terminator also seems, and perhaps more appropriately, to have humans fighting malevolent and bad-ass killing machines in a dark, gritty, and serious theme with a very desperate and disillusioned feel.
TF1 and its robots was seemingly, brighter, happier, friendlier, and a more lighthearted in a family movie kind of way.
So, will TF2 continue this, and thus a major and important differentiation from its competition this summer?
Or will 2009 be filled with 'yet another robot movie'?

wingzero
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
The TF2 trailer I saw seems very dark. It works, of course. Its just that Terminator also seems, and perhaps more appropriately, to have humans fighting malevolent and bad-ass killing machines in a dark, gritty, and serious theme with a very desperate and disillusioned feel.
TF1 and its robots was seemingly, brighter, happier, friendlier, and a more lighthearted in a family movie kind of way.
So, will TF2 continue this, and thus a major and important differentiation from its competition this summer?
Or will 2009 be filled with 'yet another robot movie'?

Transformers must be dark. Did you ever watch the original G1 anime series? Yes, there were lighthearted episodes in the series but even many dark toned sci-fi classic styles with a pretty serious apocalyptic background to it.
The first movie was far from a kiddie movie anyway and that's the reason why it worked. It appealed both teenagers and adults. Now having a darker tone is going to appeal kids even more.. believe it or not but that is what is going to happen. And of course many adults will follow trend thanks to the apocalyptic dark tone.
If Transformers was ever made as a family friendly all kindness no deaths, no fear movie it would have bombed at box office despite the top-notch CGI. Not even the anime G1 series main target was little kids, the stories at the time were similar to sci-fi novels and their main target were teenagers 12-18 years old.

taybrian1
04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Is anyone else using this movie as an excuse to hang out with people?

I want my sisters to come with me because they never seem to do anything I like to do. Just last summer I wanted to see Hellboy 2 with one of them. I had some free tickets to see anything. After much debating and my parents stepping in, we went and saw Wall-E. Great film, but still. I don't really enjoy clothes shopping with them, and they are never around to do anything lately. I just want to use this one opportunity to show them why I like something. Who knows? Maybe they'll enjoy themselves.

AutostreamFilms
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
.... Now having a darker tone is going to appeal kids even more.. believe it or not but that is what is going to happen. And of course many adults will follow trend thanks to the apocalyptic dark tone. ....

Thats fine. But when you've got two similar-toned robot movies released in the same season it dilutes the ultimate appeal.

brAnd7onX
04-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Thats fine. But when you've got two similar-toned robot movies released in the same season it dilutes the ultimate appeal.

Fact of the matter is that terminator and transformers are 2 totally different movies whether u want to believe it or not so people are either going to want to see terminator or transformers or both if they are a fan of both :)

taybrian1
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Fact of the matter is that terminator and transformers are 2 totally different movies whether u want to believe it or not so people are either going to want to see terminator or transformers or both if they are a fan of both :)

You also have to consider that TF fans and Terminator fans are two completely different things. From what I understand, Terminator is a heck of a lot more violent and darker than I think TF could ever be. That's just my opinion since I wasn't allowed to watch either as a kid and I'm just catching up as an adult. Personally, I don't really like Terminator. It's way too dark for me.

Shadow
04-19-2009, 10:59 PM
If you look at Jetfire's face in the movie, it was created to look like a cross between the D-con and A-bot insignias. Also there is a rumor that we will see a crossover in the movie as well. Sergeant Epps would make contact with Hawk from G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

taybrian1
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
If you look at Jetfire's face in the movie, it was created to look like a cross between the D-con and A-bot insignias. Also there is a rumor that we will see a crossover in the movie as well. Sergeant Epps would make contact with Hawk from G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

I had to look back at a screenshot. Wow, you are totally right! I never noticed that before. I wonder if that was intentional or just something that happened. Good eye!

littleman794
04-19-2009, 11:28 PM
i think the metal bar thing coming off his face are supposed to represent a beard style for him, since he is old.

powerbomb1411
04-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Also there is a rumor that we will see a crossover in the movie as well. Sergeant Epps would make contact with Hawk from G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

I am looking forward to seeing G.I. Joe.

But after the comments from JGL on what (his view) of the movie is. I really hope that doesn't happen. I just started reading IDW's GI Joe reboot and that looks like the material the movie should have been made after.

AutostreamFilms
04-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Did you see them both? If not, your opinion is worthless.

powerbomb1411
04-20-2009, 02:46 AM
Did you see them both? If not, your opinion is worthless.

Terminator and Transformers are two completely different movies. The tone of all three has been different from the tone of the first TF movie. Even the tone of the watered down TV series is different from TF. I see absolutely reasons to suspect that TS will be of a tone similar to TF2.

AutostreamFilms
04-20-2009, 02:47 AM
[quote=taybrian1;76806]You also have to consider that TF fans and Terminator fans are two completely different things....quote]
They could both bomb and those fans would still see the movies.
But Bay isnt a top director simply because he appeals to fanboys. Quite the contrary.

Johnd818
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Why not start your own thread about Terminator vs. Transformers so we can get back on topic here...

The nicely leaked video that is now playing Houdini (quite deliberately I might add) has definately given us all more to look forward to. Now with right at two months to go we have a better feel for what some of the characters are going to look like. We've seen the enhanced CGI capabilities, and come on....we got a glimps of Devastator...who would have thought we'd get to see him so soon?

Needless to say, with the new trailer coming out, potentialy additional "leaked" footage, some of the toys hitting stores in May...there are a ton of appetites out there that got just a taste of what this feast will be like. AND NOW I'M STARVING! :p

Now I'm going back to work on my time machine...where's Doc Brown when you need him?

TIMtationX
04-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Also there is a rumor that we will see a crossover in the movie as well. Sergeant Epps would make contact with Hawk from G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

Now this would be awesome...And by awesome, i really mean LAME....

Revolution.
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM

Michael

Believe the audience/fans of transformers, we will def love transformers rotf. The teasers/trailers are just amazing, the wait for it is just one of the most important things you should be observing, and the responses should be positive, this will be just another great movie added to your collection of art... Im here all the way from Australia, and im constantly waiting for Imax in sydney to start selling tickets for TF2 because thats why im going to buy it, i just cant wait, and it will be well money spent to watch... ill let you know, Transformers is my favourite movie, it amazes me every single time i watch it, just imagine people like me who are fans watch the second one, we love it! thats all i have to say, we love it... the 2nd one is just going to blow our minds and as i see it, more bots, more action, its going to be jam packed! cant wait, june is not that far away...

- Rev. aka Michael :)

megatron42
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM

i can see it now starscream and cobra commander teaming up.. who knows what will happen

taybrian1
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Why not start your own thread about Terminator vs. Transformers so we can get back on topic here...

The nicely leaked video that is now playing Houdini (quite deliberately I might add) has definately given us all more to look forward to. Now with right at two months to go we have a better feel for what some of the characters are going to look like. We've seen the enhanced CGI capabilities, and come on....we got a glimps of Devastator...who would have thought we'd get to see him so soon?

Needless to say, with the new trailer coming out, potentialy additional "leaked" footage, some of the toys hitting stores in May...there are a ton of appetites out there that got just a taste of what this feast will be like. AND NOW I'M STARVING! :p

Now I'm going back to work on my time machine...where's Doc Brown when you need him?

I like having just a little taste of whats to come. It makes me hungrier for the full thing and it'll make seeing it in theater all the more fun!

Then again, I would also like to get in touch with Doc Brown for his time machine. The suspense is killing me.

movieguy55
04-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Came across this video on youtube with a guy singin' a song about Michael Bay. Unlike most shit on youtube, this guy is actually really good and has some great points about why Michael Bay kicks ass. Everyone should check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-PKOX9JWnw&feature=channel_page

Double
04-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Now this would be awesome...And by awesome, i really mean LAME....

Agreed, we don't need our Movie getting anywhere near anything Stephen Sommers does.

autobot2007
05-07-2009, 03:53 AM
I dont feel spielbergs opinion even matters much anymore on the movie, he is out of touch, Indiana Jones 4 was laughable, absolutely ridiculous but if your target audience is 15 year olds I guess they believe any bullshit or latest fad the world puts in front of them.

StefsChemicalRomance
05-07-2009, 03:59 AM
I dont feel spielbergs opinion even matters much anymore on the movie, he is out of touch, Indiana Jones 4 was laughable, absolutely ridiculous but if your target audience is 15 year olds I guess they believe any bullshit or latest fad the world puts in front of them.

Huh.

How does the fact that he is one of the most talented and respected people in the movie business AND the fact he worked on Transformers (2007) get shrowded by the fact that you think Indy 4 sucked balls?

powerbomb1411
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM

Try watching the other three again now and see what you think. They're not as good as my nostalgia claimed.

reddevilsteve
05-07-2009, 06:02 AM

Jog on, that man is one of the greatest movie directors and producers of our time, fair enough the man is obsessed with aliens, all through schindlers list is was conviced we see UFO at some point, no in all honestly he is and has a legacy of a legend and his thought on the movie as "awsome" are the best critism you can get from anyone anywhere

Ravage The Beast
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Awesome i guess its 49 days now :D I will watch this movie no matter what time it is on! :D

HarryCanyon
05-30-2009, 02:21 PM
More days until my anticipated movie of the year comes out.

Ravage The Beast
05-31-2009, 04:14 AM
Hehe 23 days left and then :)