PDA

View Full Version : DEVASTATOR kicking OPTIMUS???(in trailer)

littleman794
04-07-2009, 02:17 PM
We get a look at the Devastator (massive and pretty sweet) knocking the hell out of Optimus. The shot is from far away and Optimus is fighting in a large, open grass field in bright daylight. Hes hit and sails through the air towards us, hitting the ground and rolling to a stop right at the camera.

mabye?...

http://www.seibertron.com/images/galleries/files/123/rotf180.jpg

it is afterall, grassy in the background...

SomeCroatianGuy
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't think so. that thing/feet/fist is to small for Devastator size.

thelastautobot
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Maybe its still Megs and He teams up w Devs/the Fallen in beating Prime..maybe..plus there is no definitive color to the treads on that foot..points too much to Megs vs. devs foot is either yellow or green;) and on the foot w treads is yellow...looks more in the lines of metallic silver that yellow. Still points to Megs if u ask me, but there is said to be Optimus vs. Devs in a green feild in the daytime so eh I dont know what REALLY to think at this point..prob is Devs foot!!

Trailbreaker
04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
If that's Devs kicking Prime, then he must have one tiny foot.

littleman794
04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
where did you get the idea that its a foot??

the quote says he was hit

for all we know, it could be a pinky toe!

lol, or maybe its dev throwing megs at optimus...killing 2 guys he may hate w/ one move:D

but ya, who says its a foot? and if it is, it could only be showing the toeish area..ish...have a look, doesn't look like a leg is attached to it, looks like it keeps going

littleman794
04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
ya, seriously, do you actually think that megs could make a hit on op like that?

no, not nearly awesome enough...

and as for the yellow part, that could be devs right or left hand, or right foot.

phoenixgirl
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Beats me. Not enough detail. All we can say really is he was hit hard by something as big as Optimus himself or bigger. Megatron, Devestator, and Starscream all fit the criteria.:confused:

We'll just have to wait and see.

SamWitwicky
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
i could have swore i just saw you post the same post in another thread.

littleman794
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
yes, i did, but i figured this could be its own, so ignore the other

littleman794
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Beats me. Not enough detail. All we can say really is he was hit hard by something as big as Optimus himself or bigger. Megatron, Devestator, and Starscream all fit the criteria.:confused:

but do you seriously think megs could hit him like that?

no way

TIMtationX
04-07-2009, 07:04 PM

..Agreed.. We ain't gonna find out who it is from looking at that short clip.

littleman794
04-07-2009, 07:11 PM
or can we?

(with the help of further proof)

calmontoya
04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Mmmmm.... to me, it's still difficult to say who's the one taking on Prime... I mean, it's clear that it has to be very powerful to hit him like that, but then again, there are various characters with those conditions...

As for the 'tread' kind of thing, well, I've seen in other trailers, parts that end up not being in the movie, or that are switched (like the radio/gun in the Watchmen trailer), maybe the Megatron foot was a tease??... I mean, just as phoenixgirl said.. we'll have to wait and see.

But one more thing. If they said that this will be in the new trailer, then I hope the wait won't be to long. :rolleyes:

benjimx
04-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Personally it doesn't look like a fist or a foot. Look at the way that he is hit - there is no follow-through (as you would expect from a punch or a kick).

Whatever hits Optimus hits him and then reverses direction to exit the frame from where it came.

Therefore, it's almost as if he is "pushed" (a shoulder hit maybe?). And Optimus looks pretty beat up - maybe he has taken some hits, is vulnerable, and is finished off.

It could be a knee hit, come to think of it.

But yes, ultimately I agree with a previous poster - we'll just have to wait. There is not enough detail here (and I daresay that is deliberate).

Ben

littleman794
04-08-2009, 12:12 AM
thanks for the input ben, and welcome to the forums;)

kneeing...ya, that makes sense, cuz his right leg is yellow...that could be the right knee...

*continues further investigation*

The Tattletale
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
All of Devastator's body parts will be colored, as all the vehicles are colored yellow, green, and red. Anyway if Devastator kicked Prime he would die. Devastator's HUGE, he's meant to destroy a lot of stuff. None of the autobot's should be near him, if they get near him they should die. Unless they're trying to plant a bomb on his back or something :)

littleman794
04-08-2009, 12:37 AM
but 1 knee in the face wouldn't kill optimus

that would just be unfair....man, the more i look at this, the more im sure its dev.

XxSoundwavexX
04-08-2009, 12:57 AM
not sure about it beeing a foot but hey could be DEVASTATOR :) oh and hi guys im new here... ALL HAIL DECEPTICONS.

littleman794
04-08-2009, 12:58 AM
vote decepticons!!

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3904&highlight=autobots

Shadow
04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Thought this was cool.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=438&stc=1&d=1239166994

thelastautobot
04-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Trust me its Megatron that Knees Optimus!! The TREADS MATCH UP PERFECTLY!!;)

Shadow
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Trust me its Megatron that Knees Optimus!! The TREADS MATCH UP PERFECTLY!!;)Yup Megs;) ummmm J/K its Devs. He kicks Prime across the field.

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
theres hardly any proof that they are treads...

btw, devs right food HAS TREADS!!

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Thought this was cool.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=438&stc=1&d=1239166994

thats awesome:D

XxSoundwavexX
04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
that looks wicked man

xana
Thought this was cool.

Nice. Where did you pick this up at?

thelastautobot
Yeah but the treads that KNEE Optimus are a bit more "ALIEN/CYBERTRON" than Devastator which is made up of EARTH vehicles which have regular treads and the Skeletal structure of Devs doesnt match up to the Structure hitting Prime. However, it does match up to Meg's knee being as how his treads go all the way up to it looks like his thigh and Dev's doesnt transform into that. Its prob Megatron finishing Optimus off from getting his Ass handed to him through Devs. Megs is in this Movie..Bay said he wasnt, then said he was.. Ok he is. He pins down sam vs. mtv.com saying its Starscream. The story is confusing yes, but thats Megatron all the way..ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!

Ladies_Man_217
04-08-2009, 01:21 AM
'794----I have been spending a lot of sleepless hours on your theory about DEVS {okay---the past 10 mins.} I like it but.....

I tried to go outisde the box on this one and looked at the shot frame by frame and noticed.....the best spot on Optimus for a reflection is the smoke-stack on his right shoulder. I think maybe---just maybe---that it's a reflection representing 'Megs' {it's grey outline on a chrome smoke-stack}

There appears to be a lot of rust on this mysterious character keeping with the pattern of the rust visible on him during the 'pin down' of Sam. Another thing.....the background trees looks almost like a park {where the park ends and the woods begin so-to-speak} but.....most trees in Egypt are palm trees {like the one in between Scorps when he jumps at Jetfire}

I have seen photos of surrounding Cairo and this COULD be it but....if that Show-west footage was of DEV hitting prime I would bet it was more of an oasis-like area with palm trees.

Last but not least......The treads on DEVS left {rampage the bulldozer} are on the bottom representing feet-----We are still friends right??? :D

Shadow
04-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah but the treads that KNEE Optimus are a bit more "ALIEN/CYBERTRON" than Devastator which is made up of EARTH vehicles which have regular treads and the Skeletal structure of Devs doesnt match up to the Structure hitting Prime. However, it does match up to Meg's knee being as how his treads go all the way up to it looks like his thigh and Dev's doesnt transform into that. Its prob Megatron finishing Optimus off from getting his Ass handed to him through Devs. Megs is in this Movie..Bay said he wasnt, then said he was.. Ok he is. He pins down sam vs. mtv.com saying its Starscream. The story is confusing yes, but thats Megatron all the way..ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!Ya i think youre right and I do believe that Megs and Devs both bring the pain to Prime. But now this leads me to this question. If Prime fights both Megs and Devs at the same time or one after the other... where the hell are the other A-bots? You know they would not let Prime be Tag-teamed like this. Unless they are not in any position to help?;)

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
ya, man why wouldn't we be..

well, good input all...im still not gonna give up as you would probably expect though:D

hmmm....well.....ya...

oh, and TLA

ALL HAIL DEVASTATOR!

Shadow
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Nice. Where did you pick this up at?its fan made but sweet.

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Ya i think youre right and I do believe that Megs and Devs both bring the pain to Prime. But now this leads me to this question. If Prime fights both Megs and Devs at the same time or one after the other... where the hell are the other A-bots? You know they would not let Prime be Tag-teamed like this. Unless they are not in any position to help?;)

ya, i imagine they are occupied w/ the fallen or starscream:D

or trying to help

Shadow
04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
ya, i imagine they are occupied w/ the fallen or starscream:D

or trying to helpI think Megs takes out Starscream.

thelastautobot
04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
I think Megs takes out Starscream.

yEP OR PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE.... I think Starscream may try and betray Megs in some way only to get taken down by Megs But we'll see..

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:32 AM
i think that starscream is going to destroy megs...AND I HOPE...

i dunno, megs is just such a....well, frankly i don't have a word for it...

but i don't mind seeing him back, just as long as he isn't as good..

HE HAD HIS CHANCE!!!

and now starscream has his

Ladies_Man_217
04-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I think Megs takes out Starscream.I agree 100%-----just look at that...............

** SPOILERS!!!!!! **

Coloring book when Megs gives screamer the HAND-----so far it has been a pretty handy spoiler guide:)

thelastautobot
04-08-2009, 01:35 AM
^^^^^^
BOOYAH!!!lol

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:36 AM
is the coloring book out?

oh, ya u mean when megs was slapping sscream?

i hope sscream wins...even though he is a giant inverted triangle:D

Ladies_Man_217
04-08-2009, 01:38 AM
is the coloring book out?

oh, ya u mean when megs was slapping sscream?

i hope sscream wins...even though he is a giant inverted triangle:DI saw one on eBay a few days back and it had the twins on the cover. I lost track of time and signed on to eBay 3 minutes after it ended :(

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:39 AM
ah, too bad man, my condolences:D

Ladies_Man_217
04-08-2009, 01:49 AM
ah, too bad man, my condolences:DIt's alright----I made up for it by winning 'Alliance' comics 1-4 for 10$ total including shipping :)

MegaOctane
04-08-2009, 01:51 AM
oh, and TLA

ALL HAIL DEVASTATOR!

No no no.... ALL HAIL MEGATRON :)
Megatron would kick devastators ass, like this::deadhorse1:

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:51 AM
good deal!

littleman794
04-08-2009, 01:52 AM
No no no.... ALL HAIL MEGATRON :)
Megatron would kick devastators ass, like this::deadhorse1:

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/o_rly.jpg

Shadow
04-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Its a foot to the face of Prime and the treads do match up with Megs. Also if you look at it when Prime gets kicked and most of his face plat is shattered... pause it at 1:37 of te trailer and you see Primes left ear piece come off as well. You get a sweet look inside of it as well. Looks like the inside of a head gasget or an oilpan of a car. Sweet detail:D And thats before the leg/foot hits him seconds later. So I think he gets some kind of a combo hit here.

benjimx
04-08-2009, 02:28 AM
I've just noticed something else (and apologies if someone has mentioned this before)...

If you freeze-frame it, the very first frame of the Optimus-gets-hit scene has a reflection in it - you can see the head and torso or the attacker in the blue faceplate section directly above Optimus' right eye.

Doesn't look Megs to me (face is not wide enough). Looks Jetfire maybe - or possibly Starscream. Not Dev or The Fallen (too small for Dev, head too prominent for The Fallen).

Oh, and another thing that I noticed (I should prob start a new thread as it's a bit off-topic)... have you noticed in the Ravage scene that he comes from the ocean?

Maybe that ties in with the aircraft carrier sinking (ie: he ran along the bottom of the ocean)... if true, this could mean two things; a) he is one of the protoforms that crashes into the carrier, and b) Soundwave is involved in the carrier attack (and rez's Megs?).

All hyperbole and conjecture of course. :)

Ben

littleman794
04-08-2009, 02:33 AM
thanks ben,

i think that the boat attack is definately controlled by soundwave..

as for optimus, i don't think its jetfire or sscream...

Shadow
04-08-2009, 02:47 AM
thanks ben,

i think that the boat attack is definately controlled by soundwave..

as for optimus, i don't think its jetfire or sscream...now the question is What five D-cons is there that hit the carrier? Its safe to say the ones in Egyet may be the Constructicons. One of the five that hits the carrier is probably Ravage. All i can say is it wllbe sweet to see other D-cons come up out of the water behind Ravage:rolleyes:

XxSoundwavexX
04-08-2009, 02:54 AM
now the question is What five D-cons is there that hit the carrier? Its safe to say the ones in Egyet may be the Constructicons. One of the five that hits the carrier is probably Ravage. All i can say is it wllbe sweet to see other D-cons come up out of the water behind Ravage:rolleyes:
yes sir, just the thought gets me hyped up:D

littleman794
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
personally, i cant wait to see soundwave..hes gonna rock:D

maybe jetfire hits the carrier?

chatterbox
04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
jetfire? slaps forehead

so five dcons hit the ship.....whos up for naming?

Ravage, Lazerbeak, buzzsaw, rumble, ratbat?:lol

UnclePetey
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
so five dcons hit the ship.....whos up for naming?

Ravage- probably... Wheelie- maybe... Jetfire- doubtful.

Remember- most of the Cons are all CGI- they can keep a much higher secrecy about them.

I'm thinking Lazerbeak will prob show up... Thinkin StarScream will get Thundercracker, Thrust, and/or Dirge to make an appearance...

Still don't know about the two landing in Paris!

littleman794
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
ya, wheelie hitting the carrier..

Carrier Sailor: "Oh no! Look, a falling pebble!"

Wheelie: "Yay! Look at me go!"

calmontoya
04-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Two things first (to many posts for one night, hehe):

Shadow: Nice fanmade Devastator! very cool!
Littleman: Nice coloring in the Devs signature!

Ok now, first off, I've been thinking a little bit more about the 'hit' on Prime... and it can't be Devastator, I mean, he would squeeze the energon out of Optimus singlehanded, come on... now I don't think Starscream could do that to Prime, I could only see that if he's 'finishing' him after a large battle, but not if it's a one on one kinda thing. so that leaves only Megs, and Fallen, but as I recall, the Fallen's 'skin' (hehe) is a little more darker than the one we see hitting Prime, so to me it would be Megatron, but that's just my assumption.

Now I don't think Jetfire is one of those arriving... isn't he supposed to be on Earth since a long time ago??... those are pure little evil Decepticons sinking the carrier, but not Jetfire.

voust
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know if anybody already said this but It don't have to be a fist or foot it could be a mace thing or something like that
Barricade and Megatron had one of those in the first movie.
Maybe that could be Devastator's mace or something :)

+ I had this idea I think someone already said something like this but I'll say it again
What if Devastator goes nuts and taking everyone out He don't care Dcon or Autobot just Smash, booom, crash :D

He Is killing machine :) He don't think he only smaaash :D

littleman794
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
good input guys...

i just don't want it to be megs..

ya, maybe its barricade..

guys?

thelastautobot
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
good input guys...

i just don't want it to be megs..

ya, maybe its barricade..

guys?

Sorry to disappoint U but its MEGATRON. Its not a weapon, Starscream, Jetfire, The twins, Devastator, Blackout, The Fallen, Soundwave, Barricade, the Cube, Bernie Mac, or anything ELSE but Megatron. He has rust all over him when hitting Prime!! Now why would nay OTHER decepticon have rust already??!!? Same rust that seems to match up 100% to Sam's pinner!! The clues are all there.

littleman794
04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
okay, but when it isn't megatron, i will laugh at you until my face falls off:D

yan008
04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Its Megatron and this is what really happened -

Optimus Prime -''Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost.''
*Megatron doesn't hear anything.
Prime - megatron? MEGATRONNNN!!!!.
Megatron - Uhh,,, What?
* Megatron turns to Optimus and unfortunately Megatron's giant shoulder slowly punched Optimus' face.*:wtf

xana
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I think Megs takes out Starscream.
D:

(lol. Like we didn't see that one coming.)

Optimash Prime
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=15975

something like this? :lol

littleman794
04-09-2009, 11:25 AM
kapow! owned in the face!

thelastautobot
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
okay, but when it isn't megatron, i will laugh at you until my face falls off:D

Sorry bro..treads match up:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3425789699_58bc107f3f.jpg?v=0

bUT HERE SOMETHING...WHERE IS HIS CLAW??lol

littleman794
04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
i killed it!

calmontoya
04-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry bro..treads match up:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3425789699_58bc107f3f.jpg?v=0

bUT HERE SOMETHING...WHERE IS HIS CLAW??lol

I think this is a version, or a concept... or maybe (and this just occurred to me)... Megs just keeps on modifying himself through the whole movie??

What do you think??... I mean, if he really is in the whole movie (or a considerable part) and not just in flashbacks... :confused:

Shadow
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I think this is a version, or a concept... or maybe (and this just occurred to me)... Megs just keeps on modifying himself through the whole movie??

What do you think??... I mean, if he really is in the whole movie (or a considerable part) and not just in flashbacks... :confused:finaly someone is thinking. Ok here is a thought... Being Megs now holds the power of the Allspark Why wouldnt he be able to change his body any way he sees fit. We have now see quite a few different pics of him with different arms and even the toy where he has wings and looks to be a cross between tank and jet. So what if.... being Megs has the power of the Allspark... throughout the movie he is evalving and changeing untill maybe he gets even more powerfull then The Fallen. Think about it, The Fallen manipulated Megs so he(The Fallen could gain the Cube and all its power for himself) Now Megs has basicly merged with the power from the Cube... So why would Megs want to countinue to follow The Fallen? And I think The Fallen would be pissed that Megs has the power and not him so there could be something to the rumor on Megs fighting The Fallen at some point. Just a thought.;)

littleman794
04-10-2009, 02:19 AM
wow....thats deep...but kinda makes sense...

although i only think he should change a few times...and i don't think he should be a triple changer, thats too good for him...man, i love his legs!!!

Mech_1000
04-10-2009, 03:16 AM
I still dont like how Devastator looks... i think that cgi model is still one big rofl. It just doesnt have any of the realism that the models in TF1 had.

snipperoth
04-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I still dont like how Devastator looks... i think that cgi model is still one big rofl. It just doesnt have any of the realism that the models in TF1 had.
Well we just have to wait how it will work on the big screen in action, coz i think it will blow your mind and Starscream didn't look to good on pictures too in my opinion but in action he blew my mind.

calmontoya
04-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Glad to have served as a seed to that big theory there Shadow!...

Well, and regarding the Devastator issue:

New Devs looks really credible to me... not that I'm saying that the old one didn't, but I feel that this one will work perfectly on a live action movie!!

PS: just saw the backside of another Megatron toy (not the one we already know... not the one that says he's made up of other robots), and it pretty much confirms that Megs WILL BE IN THE WHOLE MOVIE:

Here's the description (ATTENTION POSSIBLE SPOILERS):

"Trapped in the black, crushing depths of the sea, his mind inert in the grip of stasis lock, Megatron knew nothing of the desperate search mounted for his remains by the other Decepticons. When he was finally brought back online, their effort and sacrifice meant little to him. The only thing that had any meaning was revenge. He would have his vengeance against the human boy who cheated him of his prize, and he swore to celebrate over the smoking wreck of Optimus Prime."

5 Star General
04-18-2009, 03:18 PM
mabye?...

http://www.seibertron.com/images/galleries/files/123/rotf180.jpg

it is afterall, grassy in the background...
i guess you were 1/2 right....its megatron kicking him tho....now that was f%^kin kick

calmontoya
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Mystery solved!!!! :D

darthrage
04-18-2009, 06:38 PM
it is Megatron

Press pause right when Optimus starts flying

From left to right, Blackout, Megatron and Starscream.

You will see Megatron's claw arm

calmontoya
04-18-2009, 06:48 PM
it is Megatron

Press pause right when Optimus starts flying

From left to right, Blackout, Megatron and Starscream.

You will see Megatron's claw arm

If you pause a fragment of a second earlier, you can actually see THE KICK!... I mean, a wide shot of Megatron fully kicking Prime!

I just love 1080p!!! hehehehe :D

thelastautobot
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
And here it is ladies and gents..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/LANCEJAZE/Picture24.png

XxSoundwavexX
04-18-2009, 07:25 PM
HAHAHAHA hes like HEEEEEEERE u go hold that Mr.prime LOL

moron2themax
04-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Again i shall say that i was right all along! I knew it was megatron who did it! And i brought up that subject first! wooooo! lol

highdefw
04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Man you gotta love that hd quality. This movie is gonna be kickass on Blu-ray ;)

Mooseakolopsatron
04-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow hey look at that..moron2themax and I were right all along (to his credit he said it first). Maybe next time I present ridiculous amounts of INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE (http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59883&postcount=18) people won't waste their time trying to dispute it. Victory.

littleman794
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
well, theory declined:D

vittaldadambbs
05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
yes man i also think so . good observation man