PDA

View Full Version : Demolisher not a part of Devastator

celtic3039
04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.screeninglog.com/journal/2009/4/2/new-transformers-2-photos-robot-details-hit.html

so Demolisher is a stand alone Decepticon

Faceh
04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
sigh

littleman794
04-02-2009, 02:16 PM
so....OVERLOAD??

wtf is that?

UnclePetey
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Well DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH

littleman794
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

calmontoya
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Dude:

movies.yahoo.com:
"DEMOLISHER: One of the Constructicons that transform into construction vehicles."

USA TODAY:
"Constructicons:
These seven robots — Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Longhaul, Rampage, Overload and Mixmaster — transform into construction machinery, but also link up with one another to form one gigantic robot stomper named Devastator."

Mailman
04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Too bad they spelled "Demolisher" as "Demolishor".
Now, which one is it? :lol

Link
04-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Damn, but okay, I can take that. Why Demolishor and not Demolisher?What's the difference?.
That pic of Ravage is soooo coooool!! It is Ravage, right?
Where did they got it? Oh, never mind.

littleman794
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
yes, its ravage

Mailman
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Damn, but okay, I can take that. Why Demolishor and not Demolisher?What's the difference?.
That pic of Ravage is soooo coooool!! It is Ravage, right?
Where did they got it? Oh, never mind.

The difference is the spelling. I know the bot is cool, but any and all companies, no matter what business they´re in, are very particular about spelling especially if they´re gonna pursue a TM for their "creation", which leads me to think twice about everything I see that is double named. Sorry....

Mailman
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
yes, its ravage

Whos ravage? Never heard of him... Was he in the cartoon? :D

littleman794
04-02-2009, 07:38 PM
this is ravage:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8220/43143302fhf752946.jpg

Mailman
04-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Dude... I know Ravage.
It was supposed to be a joke
;)

littleman794
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
oh ok.....*hits head w/ fork*

Shadow
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
so....OVERLOAD??

wtf is that?Overload is the other dump truck.

littleman794
04-02-2009, 08:31 PM
so there are 2 now.....

Shadow
04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
so there are 2 now.....when the rumor of the Constucticons first came out they said there would be 7 and two of them would be Dumptrucks. Long Haul and Overload. Overload was ment to be the back piece of Devs. If you look back at the render that was leaked of Devs you can clearly see on his back there is another piece conected who is Yellow.

jeffreyg1_99
04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok some one answer me this that list doesnt look like 60 robots at all and correct me if im wrong who the f is the doctor, thats a gi joe charater , and where is megatron in that list i believe that this list is a fake any thoughts

Battlebot
04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
The "Doctor" I believe is a insecticon that goes by the name Scalpel. As for the rest of the list I think they are still trying to hold back some information. So there will still be some suprises.

littleman794
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok some one answer me this that list doesnt look like 60 robots at all and correct me if im wrong who the f is the doctor, thats a gi joe charater , and where is megatron in that list i believe that this list is a fake any thoughts

yes, scalpel is the doctor

littleman794
04-02-2009, 10:14 PM
this is scalpel:

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2009/04/02/thedoctorx-large.jpg

StefsChemicalRomance
04-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah, what happen to the 60 bots. Let alone 40?

Shadow
04-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah, what happen to the 60 bots. Let alone 40?they are there... most will not get much sceen time and be fodder but the list that has been up of he complete list of bots is fake. Megs is not on there neither is Barricade as well as others like (this is just me but Blackout and Jazz)

StefsChemicalRomance
04-03-2009, 01:31 AM
they are there... most will not get much sceen time and be fodder but the list that has been up of he complete list of bots is fake. Megs is not on there neither is Barricade as well as others like (this is just me but Blackout and Jazz)

True. Well, I guess there is that little Insecticon Sam breaks in half..

Barricade's probably not in it anyway.

Shadow
04-03-2009, 01:32 AM
True. Well, I guess there is that little Insecticon Sam breaks in half..

Barricade's probably not in it anyway.he is trust me.

StefsChemicalRomance
04-03-2009, 01:35 AM
he is trust me.

I hope he is.

But on what basis should I trust you?

Im atheist, so they whole "I KNOW, so believe in it" card doesn't really work on me. Lol.

Shadow
04-03-2009, 01:45 AM
I hope he is.

Im atheist, so they whole "I KNOW, so believe in it" card doesn't really work on me. Lol.well Baricade has been the one D-con that has survived through all the comics and if he were dead they could have just left it at Ironhide took him out on the freeway right? But yet he lived in the Reign of Starscream... then is remarked of in the Alliance comics that he keeps getting away and is even seen in issue 1. The mustang was seen on set... just never shown in a shot because Bay and company want to keep the whole Decepticon plot under wraps. Think about it... after all this time we onlt ever seen videos of the A-bots. everything about the D-cons is being kept quiet for good reasons. Barricade will play a big role in this movie.

Ladies_Man_217
04-03-2009, 01:46 AM
I hope he is.

Im atheist, so they whole "I KNOW, so believe in it" card doesn't really work on me. Lol.I am one those people who trusts 'the Shadow' but....In a recent 'Ask Orci' interview there was this question:

"Will Barricade's disappearance be explained in ROTF?"

Orci answered.....

"Explained is a very specific kinda word... implied may be more like it"

littleman794
04-03-2009, 01:47 AM
well, that's better than nothing:D

Ladies_Man_217
04-03-2009, 01:50 AM
As 'Shadow' mentioned.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G96gxvrHqrE/R-yauHKb6EI/AAAAAAAABho/ML4n_utDU0c/s1600/TFIIBarricade1.jpg

This is from late March last year----------this WAS a pic of Barricade's Mustangs on a flat-bed :)

littleman794
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
oh....but still!

Wretowreck
04-03-2009, 05:18 AM
what makes no sense to me is ROTF even has Devastator, when Bonecrusher is the ORIGINAL constructicon, and he was eliminated in the first film. Why would Michael Bay choose to include Devastator without all SIX (6) ORIGINAL constructicons?

Axing Bonecrusher in the first film was a bad move on Bay's part, if he intended to put Devastator in ROTF.

ALSO: the ROTF list puts Wheelie on the Decepticons side. In the animated Transformers movie (1986), Wheelie was an AUTOBOT, and was originally a mini motorcycle. Even Hasbro released Wheelie as an Autobot toy! The diguise choice of each robot doesn't bother me too much, but c'mon Bay! Stop altering a classic that i grew up on...it's disturbing!

Trailbreaker
04-03-2009, 06:51 AM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/Trailbreaker_ADK/128823329363702184.jpg

snipperoth
04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/Trailbreaker_ADK/128823329363702184.jpg
hehe nice trail and for you wretowreck wheelie is indeed an autobot but he's being intimidated by the d-con's so he does chores for the d-cons or else he would die(in the eyes of wheelie ofc). Oh and btw ROTF and the first bay movie is a TF universe apart from the rest

Shadow
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM
what makes no sense to me is ROTF even has Devastator, when Bonecrusher is the ORIGINAL constructicon, and he was eliminated in the first film. Why would Michael Bay choose to include Devastator without all SIX (6) ORIGINAL constructicons?

Axing Bonecrusher in the first film was a bad move on Bay's part, if he intended to put Devastator in ROTF.

ALSO: the ROTF list puts Wheelie on the Decepticons side. In the animated Transformers movie (1986), Wheelie was an AUTOBOT, and was originally a mini motorcycle. Even Hasbro released Wheelie as an Autobot toy! The diguise choice of each robot doesn't bother me too much, but c'mon Bay! Stop altering a classic that i grew up on...it's disturbing!ok bro... While Bonecrusher is a Constructicon we dont know for sure that he was even ment to be a Constructicon in the first movie, that does not mean he has to be part of Devastator. There are others in the movie like Overload and Hightower who are not originals as well. Overload is an extra... Hightower is the replacement for Hook. I dont think Hasbro could get the rights to this name again so they went with Hightower. And we all know being the Bonecrusher name was used, they went with Rampage for he Dozer. Now i for one like the new names. Plus you also have Demolisher who is A Constructicon but yet not part of Devastator.

Wolfbrother
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM

ALSO: the ROTF list puts Wheelie on the Decepticons side. In the animated Transformers movie (1986), Wheelie was an AUTOBOT, and was originally a mini motorcycle. Even Hasbro released Wheelie as an Autobot toy! The diguise choice of each robot doesn't bother me too much, but c'mon Bay! Stop altering a classic that i grew up on...it's disturbing!

Awww. Is the big, bad man raping your widdle childhood? This. Is. Not. G1.

guppyvh
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I dont understand why some people cant see the tf movie as a different transformers then g1...... Its not the 80'ties anymore.....

Wolfbrother
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I dont understand why some people cant see the tf movie as a different transformers then g1...... Its not the 80'ties anymore.....

This.^

littleman794
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
^^This.

Wretowreck
04-03-2009, 03:33 PM

i understand that, yet it would disturb YOU if something you cherished as a child (pick anything) WAS revived, yet altered by the person or persons reviving your cherished childhood memories so much that it is no longer what YOU remember growing up with, but the perpetrator's interpretation of that childhood memory...especially if they took the time to research it before revealing it to the public.

Trailbreaker
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
i understand that, yet it would disturb YOU if something you cherished as a child (pick anything) WAS revived, yet altered by the person or persons reviving your cherished childhood memories so much that it is no longer what YOU remember growing up with, but the perpetrator's interpretation of that childhood memory...especially if they took the time to research it before revealing it to the public.
You make it sound like you want a version for yourself. It's not all about you. It's about the general public. It's about making it fit in today's time. If you are so mad that you didn't get what you wanted, go make your own damn TF movie.

TIMtationX
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM

...With all that said, you're still going to watch the movie and like it....

Wretowreck
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
ok bro... While Bonecrusher is a Constructicon we dont know for sure that he was even ment to be a Constructicon in the first movie, that does not mean he has to be part of Devastator.

i think this part of my quote speaks clearly on my point about Bay KNOWING Devastator was going to be in the 2nd film, and if he took the time to do the research on the constructicons, he knows damn well that Bonecrusher IS a constructicon, but made a poor directing call in placing Bonecrusher in the first film, and having him eliminated by Optimus.

As for the G1 Fanboys remark: y'all get the "#1" finger from both hands. Y'all obviouly were Go Bot fans to begin with!

guppyvh
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM

I understand your point, and i understand that you cared (still care) about it. But they tried to make it for the kids/teenagers of today, so they grow up with it, as well as cherish it too. But for that to happen, they needed to 'update' it. Times changes, points of view are different and kids today want other things as in the 80'ties.
But as i said before, its just a other universe, or how did they call that? Just like g1, beast wars, unicron trilogie etc. differ.

Wretowreck
04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
...With all that said, you're still going to watch the movie and like it....

yes, i will watch the movie, and the only way i'll like it is if Bay tops himself with the sequel. 20 robots is cool, but it's gotta have a solid storyline to back it up.

fu2kimus_prime
04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
i think this part of my quote speaks clearly on my point about Bay KNOWING Devastator was going to be in the 2nd film, and if he took the time to do the research on the constructicons, he knows damn well that Bonecrusher IS a constructicon, but made a poor directing call in placing Bonecrusher in the first film, and having him eliminated by Optimus.

As for the G1 Fanboys remark: y'all get the "#1" finger from both hands. Y'all obviouly were Go Bot fans to begin with!

Hey Go Bots were cool. ;)

The thing is Bay did do his research, as did the producers and the writers, and they decided to go in a different direction. G1 is cool, but it's not the rulebook that everyone producing Transformers media should follow.

Wretowreck
04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I understand your point, and i understand that you cared (still care) about it. But they tried to make it for the kids/teenagers of today, so they grow up with it, as well as cherish it too. But for that to happen, they needed to 'update' it. Times changes, points of view are different and kids today want other things as in the 80'ties.
But as i said before, its just a other universe, or how did they call that? Just like g1, beast wars, unicron trilogie etc. differ.

yup, times ARE indeed different, but if the youth of today go off of Bay's interpretation of the franchise, and not know the history of TF, then they are being misled...and that goes for history in general, not just TF history.

TIMtationX
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
G1 is cool, but it's not the rulebook that everyone producing Transformers media should follow.

....Some fans will NEVER EVER understand this....

Trailbreaker
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM

Actually, because I was born years after G1 stopped airing, my first major TF experience was Armada.

I think Bay gave that bot the Bonecrusher name in the first for a reason. He was awesome. He's called Bonecrusher for a reason, he ripped through a f*ckin' bus. You gonna whine cuz some other robot has his place in TF2? Oh, btw, Hightower has replaced Hook, and to top that, only Longhaul is green. Still angry? For all we know, we may never here them get named in the movie. The individual G1 Constructicons' names are not significant enough to be such a worry. Devastator is the one.

fu2kimus_prime
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
yup, times ARE indeed different, but if the youth of today go off of Bay's interpretation of the franchise, and not know the history of TF, then they are being misled...and that goes for history in general, not just TF history.

Does it matter if they don't know the full history? Aslong as they are finding enjoyment in the continuities they are following?

guppyvh
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Trust me, if the kids really like the transformers, they'll google it and find more of the history. Maby even watch the old episodes on youtube :P
But still, you cant blame them if they only watch the movie. They can choose for themselves if they want to know the old version or not.

Trailbreaker
04-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I retract what I said about you being a "G1 fanboy." It's just that when I get posts like yours, Wretrowreck, I instantly make that assumption. I need to stop being an asshole. Believe me, I love G1, I love 80's cartoons. I have classics Jetfire and Universe Prowl. Look at my avatar, Inspector f*ckin' Gadget FTW! But the movie is a separate entity, it's made for this generation of children. Just be fortunate that the franchise is still alive, in fact, I'd argue that this is the Golden Age of Transformers. I have seen children buy TF Universe toys at the store, this is healthy.

Now back to the Constructicons, personally, I think Rampage is a more suiting name for a bulldozer rather than Bonecrusher. When I think "Bonecrusher," I think the guy is gonna grab your arms and legs and rip them apart and shatter them into pieces. With "Rampage," I think "ram," and when I think "ram," I think "plowing you over." Bulldozers plow things, making Rampage a better name for the bulldozer.

MustangPilot007
04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
6 giant f**king robots added together = 1 even bigger giant f**king robot. Regardless of how inaccurate the bots and combination may be, it's still going to be completely awesome.

(<--- I'm still angry that the Bonecrusher they used in the movie was only on screen for like 2 minutes. He was completely bad ass)

TIMtationX
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
6 giant f**king robots added together = 1 even bigger giant f**king robot. Regardless of how inaccurate the bots and combination may be, it's still going to be completely awesome.

^^Tim's favorite post of the day^^

Optimash Prime
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok first off i love G1...Second of all just finished energon because I have never seen it. Not a fan ,some concepts were cool, but any way I looked at it as a different rendering of the Transformers universe. I mean look at that crap on cartoon Network Today. ...any who wreck your gonna have to be a lot more open minded on this forum trust me you dont want the senior members on you A$$ also you know you loved the first film so please just except the fact that the movie would have never worked if it was live action G1 series.
For example, my cousin loved it cause of the military(hes in the service) ,my fiance loved it because of shias antics and uncle bobby B... and my father enjoyed which is crazy because my dad hates movies and would rather read a book. If they followed the G1 series only a few would of enjoyed it but you have to remember this is a business... you should be happy you lived to see optimus and megs fight in live action that alone you should be grateful.

MustangPilot007
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
nicely put Optimash

Ladies_Man_217
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I second that :)

There was such a diverse age group at the filming in Bethlehem last June. Kids of all ages---young adults---30's, 40's & 50's and even the senior crowd. Bay & Co. did something right!!

snipperoth
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Yup i agree 2 but pls stop comparing everything with G1 and the history of the transformers isn't that important(for character's and stories) only thing that matters in tf history is that it was and still is entertaining.

XxSoundwavexX
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
hey guys not to start nothing but i just got the quicktime pudated and i put the ROTF trailer on it and i see 7 pods falling in to egypt or how ever u spell that i wish i can know how to save the pic and sho u guys theres 7 :)

Ladies_Man_217
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
hey guys not to start nothing but i just got the quicktime pudated and i put the ROTF trailer on it and i see 7 pods falling in to egypt or how ever u spell that i wish i can know how to save the pic and sho u guys theres 7 :)I can't pause in the right frame to see 7 but.....'UnclePetey' examined the teaser and here is what he posted......

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71913#post71913

XxSoundwavexX
04-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I can't pause in the right frame to see 7 but.....'UnclePetey' examined the teaser and here is what he posted......

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71913#post71913
yep thats what i got also jejeje

littleman794
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
7 indeed. woop de doo, now we know sooo much more

sarcasm intended:D

Sillypuddy
04-15-2009, 01:58 AM

How would someone be misled about history in general aside from TF history???? What is the real G1 history??? Is it the TV series, or is it the comic??? To me, the comic is a much more sound basis for TF history than the TV series, but for the movie...who cares. That is the ideal concept about history....we are subject to what took place....nobody after an event takes place has the knowledge of why it happened other than the actual parties involved...we are subject to that....however....we CAN be objective in our interpretation of said event. Bay is being objective in his interpretation of TF myth/lore.

A G1 movie was already made...its called Transformers: The Movie. If you want to see the Constructicons the way you like them, they are featured prominently in the destruction of Autobot City...

Would it upset you if a 13yr old saw Bay's movie first, then decided to give the G1 series a try and thought it sucked?????

They are two different things..... learn to love this concept....

F1WilliamsJeff
04-15-2009, 05:02 AM
hey guys not to start nothing but i just got the quicktime pudated and i put the ROTF trailer on it and i see 7 pods falling in to egypt or how ever u spell that i wish i can know how to save the pic and sho u guys theres 7 :)

I am sorry to say but i clearly see 8 pods falling down in Egypt.
Or i need needs glasses :eek: :P

Xsubs
04-15-2009, 06:37 AM
I am sorry to say but i clearly see 8 pods falling down in Egypt.
Or i need needs glasses :eek: :P

Nope there's 7:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3444532084_01bdf9a218_o.jpg

snipperoth
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
:lolI love what you did with the picture adding the fallen into it.

XxSoundwavexX
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Nope there's 7:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3444532084_01bdf9a218_o.jpg
thanx for pointing t hem out LOL and the fallen looks great right were he is :D :D

F1WilliamsJeff
04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Plz look very closely at smoketrail number 7 ;).....just before the screens fades to black it looks like a number 8 pods is coming down.

My statement is. 8 pods falling ;)...we will see who is right when the movie comes out. If I fail....plz buy me a cup of Starbucks coffee ;)

shadowinvid
04-15-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.screeninglog.com/journal/2009/4/2/new-transformers-2-photos-robot-details-hit.html

so Demolisher is a stand alone Decepticon

Did you notice Megatron is not listed!!