PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe guest in TF2

phoenixgirl
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Looks like the charcaters from the G.I.Joe movie will be making a short appearence in Transformers 2. I knew they had done a crossover before in the comics. But I honestly did not expect this.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/-Hasbro-Gets-Transformers-In-Your-G-I-Joe-This-Summer-12586.html

Guess this means I have to see G.I. Joe first so when I watch TF2, I'll recognize them.
Or this could all be a April Fool's Joke.

taybrian1
04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
It's so an April Fools joke! Why else would it come out today?

SamWitwicky
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
probably a april fool's joke but if not it sounds cool.

JasonGarwood
04-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I don't think Mike would've allowed it.
Because looking at the GI joe trailer it looks unrealistic but of course TF is going for realism so it wouldn't work.

Mailman
04-02-2009, 03:27 AM
THAT`S an April fools joke.
I would certainly hope nothing of that will appear in the movie. If GI Joe makes a cameo, then why not Spiderman as well? He has also appeared in Transformers comics during the 80īs...
Shit, letīs bring them all in; Iron Man, Superman, Hulk and all the others.

Who needs Autobots? Hulk and Superman could help the army destroy Devastator, and the rest of the superheroes could gang up on the Fallen and Spiderman takes care of Megs- it would be sweet!

NOT!!!!!!

Come on people... Itīs not happening.

Trailbreaker
04-02-2009, 06:53 AM
THAT`S an April fools joke.
I would certainly hope nothing of that will appear in the movie. If GI Joe makes a cameo, then why not Spiderman as well? He has also appeared in Transformers comics during the 80īs...
Shit, letīs bring them all in; Iron Man, Superman, Hulk and all the others.

But the difference between G.I. Joe and Spider-Man, Superman, Hulk and the likes is that G.I. Joe is a brand under Hasbro just like Transformers. I doubt we would see cameos in TF2, but I wouldn't mind seeing references to them.

BigChap
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
As sweet as it would be to have the crossover references in the movies i think its a joke and if there are mentions in either movie i doubt they'll be as obvious as the ones mentioned. Maybe have a couple of Autobots parked in the background or driving by in the G.I. Joe movie?

Optimash Prime
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
They should do that....that comic series was awesome it really was i usually hate crossovers but that was a good one..... but in all fairness viewers could just be like well where are the autobots to take out the cobra command lol i only say that because the GI joe will be a trilogy. If they make the crossover than the franchise will get dampened.:confused:

Mailman
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
But the difference between G.I. Joe and Spider-Man, Superman, Hulk and the likes is that G.I. Joe is a brand under Hasbro just like Transformers. I doubt we would see cameos in TF2, but I wouldn't mind seeing references to them.

I must assume youīre right, but if thatīs the case please explain why and how the black spiderman took on Megatron in the 80īs comics. Because I have a very vivid memory of that.
About GI Joe, I wouldnīt mind if they had a cameo as long as I wouldnīt notice it, and as long as I wouldnīt hear this:
http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/32-gi-joe-a-real-american-hero/32/#intro

:lol

Trailbreaker
04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I must assume youīre right, but if thatīs the case please explain why and how the black spiderman took on Megatron in the 80īs comics. Because I have a very vivid memory of that.
About GI Joe, I wouldnīt mind if they had a cameo as long as I wouldnīt notice it, and as long as I wouldnīt hear this:
http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/32-gi-joe-a-real-american-hero/32/#intro

:lol
That's because it was Marvel comics, and that was one of Marvel's dirty little marketing techniques to get kids to buy Spider-Man comics as well.

phoenixgirl
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
They should do that....that comic series was awesome it really was i usually hate crossovers but that was a good one..... but in all fairness viewers could just be like well where are the autobots to take out the cobra command lol i only say that because the GI joe will be a trilogy. If they make the crossover than the franchise will get dampened.:confused:

I think you are right. Now that I thought about it, a crossover may raise a bunch of issues that should just be avoided.