PDA

View Full Version : Rumor or indication about the aircraft carrier?

Jammed9000
03-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Is there any rumor or indication that Bay's idea of an aircraft carrier robot is in the movie? What's stopping it from appearing? Cause when you gather everything you've heard and seen from the film you wouldn't be surprised.(I wouldn't, what with the bigger budget) So is there any rumor or indication that I've missed?

AustralianKat
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
You do realise how large an Aircraft Carrier is and the amount of things that are inside? Let alone how long it would take to CGI it. In real life, a Nimitz is 1092 ft long, height wise from the keel to the top of the radio tower; it's roughly 240 feet. A transformer that big would be insanely hard to put into the movie as it would take up the whole screen, and it would hardly do a Transformers movie justice having a non canon Transformer who is 1000 feet tall.

Shadow
03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
You do realise how large an Aircraft Carrier is and the amount of things that are inside? Let alone how long it would take to CGI it. In real life, a Nimitz is 1092 ft long, height wise from the keel to the top of the radio tower; it's roughly 240 feet. A transformer that big would be insanely hard to put into the movie as it would take up the whole screen, and it would hardly do a Transformers movie justice having a non canon Transformer who is 1000 feet tall.what do you mean none canon? Sure there was canon TFs this size. Tidalwave (carrier) and deepdive(sub) both are canon and were in cartoons.

thelastautobot
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
nothing to that nature has been nearly confirmed at this time

Trailbreaker
03-27-2009, 09:16 PM
what do you mean none canon? Sure there was canon TFs this size. Tidalwave (carrier) and deepdive(sub) both are canon and were in cartoons.
After playing the old Transformers PS2 game, you would know. *:eek:TidalWavebossfight:eek:*

Shadow
03-27-2009, 09:17 PM
After playing the old Transformers PS2 game, you would know. *:eek:TidalWavebossfight:eek:*ya and he was a bitch to beat;)

taybrian1
03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't think technology is up to snuff to show such an big character. I know Demolisher is going to be huge, but I think that might be different. Plus, why would you want all of the cool characters all at once? Save him (or her) for later!

Battlebot
03-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah, ROTF is going to be about combiners. Save the single bot giants Like Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon, and the others for part 3.

Shadow
03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, ROTF is going to be about combiners. Save the single bot giants Like Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon, and the others for part 3.ya you mean like Unicron in three;) Because at this point thats where its heading.

StefsChemicalRomance
03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
ya you mean like Unicron in three;) Because at this point thats where its heading.

How?

Shadow
03-27-2009, 11:04 PM
How?Bay said he would like to do a Unicron saga and we see we have the Fallen who turned on the other 12 of the first 13 to aid Unicron in trying to Distroy them and Primus so I think we just might see Unicron in the next movie. Plus there are spin offs in the works. The Dinobots will get screen time in the future as well;) Shadow knows all:D

MitP
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Bay said he would like to do a Unicron saga and we see we have the Fallen who turned on the other 12 of the first 13 to aid Unicron in trying to Distroy them and Primus so I think we just might see Unicron in the next movie. Plus there are spin offs in the works. The Dinobots will get screen time in the future as well;) Shadow knows all:D

I honestly don't know who else they could use for the bad guy in Movie 3, other than Big U himself. Anyone besides Unicron would probably be a huge letdown.

Shadow
03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I honestly don't know who else they could use for the bad guy in Movie 3, other than Big U himself. Anyone besides Unicron would probably be a huge letdown.i just hope if thats the way it goes that they do him right. I mean Bay and crew have a good track record with coming up with new fresh ideas for some of these bots. I hope Unicron is the shit (as so he should) but I hope he's not to big and I really think they need to stay away from the world eater thing. Come up with something new but still make him bad ass.

primusnine
03-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I like the planet eater thing. It was that Galactus dude done right, and Bay won't ruin Unicron like whoever made Fantastic Four did for Galactus.

phoenixgirl
03-28-2009, 07:49 AM
I like the planet eater thing. It was that Galactus dude done right, and Bay won't ruin Unicron like whoever made Fantastic Four did for Galactus.

Agree. Not another Galactus.

Trailbreaker
03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Haha, while the filmmakers for Fantastic Four ruin Galactus by making him a weird cloud thingy, the Transformers film makers make their planet eating god a real physical entity like FF fans wanted their planet eating god to be. Ooooh the irony. :D

MitP
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Just a little something to get in the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRbgUwPXo8

Shadow
03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I like the planet eater thing. It was that Galactus dude done right, and Bay won't ruin Unicron like whoever made Fantastic Four did for Galactus.i have to disagree. I think if they go with the planet eater thing like from the cartoons, Unicron will flop. He can still be a world distroyer/killer but he does not have to really eat the planets.

Trailbreaker
03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
i have to disagree. I think if they go with the planet eater thing like from the cartoons, Unicron will flop. He can still be a world distroyer/killer but he does not have to really eat the planets.
So he's better as a "planet destroyer?"

Sillypuddy
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
So he's better as a "planet destroyer?"

Space Station----really friggen huge compared to other Transformers, but no where near as big as the original concept....that would dilute his appearance....if he is Devastator x 2 size at the most, that would be good enough and believable enough.....

nelson
03-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Is there any rumor or indication that Bay's idea of an aircraft carrier robot is in the movie? What's stopping it from appearing? Cause when you gather everything you've heard and seen from the film you wouldn't be surprised.(I wouldn't, what with the bigger budget) So is there any rumor or indication that I've missed?

If there is a rumor, who it ever verify anything? After all, it's just a rumor. I mean, I heard a rumor Bay almost blew up a real house accidentally while filming TF2.

snipperoth
03-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I heard a rumor Bay almost blew up a real house accidentally while filming TF2.
Could be true though coz in the first movie there was a car flipped into a real building(accidentally)

guppyvh
03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Could be true though coz in the first movie there was a car flipped into a real building(accidentally)

I saw that one to :D
pour owner of that building.
but still, blowing up a house? i think there a lot more carefull with explosives than cars....

TIMtationX
03-29-2009, 10:53 PM
the dinobots will get screen time in the future as well;) shadow knows all:d

no dinobots please!!

Trailbreaker
03-29-2009, 10:57 PM
The Dinobots will get screen time in the future as well;) Shadow knows all:D

Alright Mr. Know-It-All. 'Splain yourself!

Shadow
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Alright Mr. Know-It-All. 'Splain yourself!The Dinobots were considered for the film. Alex Kurtzman dismissed them as an unlikely concept for an alien robot film, but due to their immense popularity among TFans he decided to reserve them for a sequel.

Jammed9000
03-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Thats a shame about the Dinobots. They are an interesting concept but for a Michael Bay movie?!?!!? I seriously hope not!!!

calmontoya
03-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I like the Space Station concept for Unicron, but I think it would be better off as a huge alien spacecraft.... something like what they did with Megs, or Soundwave... but bigger... like Devastator! :cool:

StefsChemicalRomance
03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

That was actually a building in the Universal Studios lot.

chatterbox
03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
The Dinobots were considered for the film. Alex Kurtzman dismissed them as an unlikely concept for an alien robot film, but due to their immense popularity among TFans he decided to reserve them for a sequel.

so will they be life like, sorta like beast wars etc juraasic park cross over, or metal like?

Shadow
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
so will they be life like, sorta like beast wars etc juraasic park cross over, or metal like?this I dont really know. only some concept pics have been done for them and nothing more.

snipperoth
03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
That was actually a building in the Universal Studios lot.
hehe oke next time i'll pay more attention

Battlebot
03-30-2009, 09:09 PM
this I dont really know. only some concept pics have been done for them and nothing more.
Have you by any chance seen the artwork for them?

Shadow
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Have you by any chance seen the artwork for them?me myself... no. Just heard that there were some done.

EpicBacons
03-30-2009, 10:50 PM

Honestly, I think having Unicron would be unrealistic as a fit in the realworld. Not to mention it would feel a bit rediculous. I liked the way the Mr. Bay had the first one, ones that fit the relm of a real life movie (Transformers), making each transformer as realistic and as believable as possible.