PDA

View Full Version : Voice Actor For The Fallen Confirmed!

Link
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
The 1986 film fans are just gonna love this!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (http://movies.ign.com/objects/948/948398.html) screenwriterRoberto Orci (http://stars.ign.com/objects/914/914633.html) has revealed that he approached none other than Mr. Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy (http://stars.ign.com/objects/914/914002.html), to voice the sequel's titular villain.

/Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/24/orci-and-kurtzman-not-returning-for-transformers-3-will-leonard-nimoy-voice-the-fallen/) points out some message board postings made by Orci, who revealed that he chatted with Nimoy about voicing The Fallen, "given the odd coincidence that he is Michael Bay's cousin through marriage, but fan outcry has also put (Frank Welker (http://movies.ign.com/articles/960/960866p1.html)) in the running." Nimoy voiced Galvatron in the animated Transformers: The Movie, and reprises his role as Spock in this summer's Orci-scripted Star Trek (http://movies.ign.com/objects/692/692255.html) movie.

Orci also announced that he and his writing partner Alex Kurtzman (http://stars.ign.com/objects/910/910973.html) will not be back to script the recently announced Transformers 3. The scribe said it was "time for fresh blood" and that he and Kurtzman "risk getting stale and comfortable

I haven't seen the movie, but he does have an amazing voice. IDK about Roberto and Orci not being there for TF3, but I hope MB gets cool or better screenwriters for the third.

I wanna hear The Fallen!

Trailbreaker
03-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes!!! AWESOMNESS!

EDIT: Oh wait, it says he approached him on this, this isn't exactly a confirmation. Dang.

UnclePetey
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Uhhhh... that didn't confirm anything... :wtf

SDL
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
not to sound like a party pooper.... but where is the confirmation that either ARE voicing the Fallen?

All the above says is that both actors are POSSIBLY voicing the Fallen.

and, IMHO, Welker=Soundwave & Nimoy=Fallen

Edit- Darn beaten by a few seconds

jono
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
So at least two named VA's are stated but the VA is confirmed?? LMAO. :wtf

Welker. No contest. It's TF, not ST.

oddsey
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
IDK about Roberto and Orci not being there for TF3, but I hope MB gets cool or better screenwriters for the third.

Roberto and Orci?!? Has he got a split personality now?

:lol

This isn't confirmed either. All Roberto Orci said was that he wasn't sure if they would do the third or not. Might be time to move on.

Other than that and the other non-confirmation, it's a great bit of news. ;)

Trailbreaker
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
So at least two named VA's are stated but the VA is confirmed?? LMAO. :wtf

Welker. No contest. It's TF, not ST.
What do you mean? Nimoy was Galvatron, the fact that he was Spock is irrelevant to this matter.

Comicbook guy94
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
if frank welker does not play sondwave the whole movie will be recaked beacuse you can't have optimus with no peter and you can never have welker when theres soundwave invloed

Trailbreaker
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
if frank welker does not play sondwave the whole movie will be recaked beacuse you can't have optimus with no peter and you can never have welker when theres soundwave invloed
So by that logic, if Welker doesn't play Soundwave, the movie will suck? And for a voice that's gonna sound robotic anyways? :rolleyes:

phoenixgirl
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Uh, no offence Link, but this was already talked about in the Orci interview thread. There, we read that both Nimoy and Welker would be considered.

"what are your feelings towards the idea of Leonard Nimoy doing the voice of the Fallen?
Would love it. I actually talked to him about it, given the odd coincidence that he is Michael Bay's cousin through marriage, but fan outcry has also put Welker in the running.
(Who to support? Quite a conundrum for Transfans. Nimoy is the iconic Spock of Star Trek and part of Transformers past as the voice of Galvatron (and Unicron) for 1986's Transformers: The Movie while Welker is was the voice of Megatron, Galvatron, Soundwave and many others.)"

Welcome to the forums anyway.

jono
03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
What do you mean? Nimoy was Galvatron, the fact that he was Spock is irrelevant to this matter.

Welker was Galvatron.
You probably forgot Nimoy's continuous "embarrassment" at having anything to do with TransFormers The Movie but heh!

oddsey
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Welker was Galvatron.

Both were. Nimoy in the movie and Welker in the series.

Trailbreaker
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Welker was Galvatron.
You probably forgot Nimoy's continuous "embarrassment" at having anything to do with TransFormers The Movie but heh!
So? This isn't Transformers: The Movie. This is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen! And Nimoy is Michael Bay's uncle lol.

littleman794
03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
lol, niiiice:D

5 Star General
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
who will voice arcee?

TIMtationX
03-25-2009, 10:36 AM
who will voice arcee?

......I was wondering the same thing...

McNasty
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Uh, no offence Link, but this was already talked about in the Orci interview thread. There, we read that both Nimoy and Welker would be considered.

"what are your feelings towards the idea of Leonard Nimoy doing the voice of the Fallen?
Would love it. I actually talked to him about it, given the odd coincidence that he is Michael Bay's cousin through marriage, but fan outcry has also put Welker in the running.
(Who to support? Quite a conundrum for Transfans. Nimoy is the iconic Spock of Star Trek and part of Transformers past as the voice of Galvatron (and Unicron) for 1986's Transformers: The Movie while Welker is was the voice of Megatron, Galvatron, Soundwave and many others.)"

Welcome to the forums anyway.

correct me if i'm wrong but Orson Wells did the voice of Unicron. it was his last performance before he died.

as for Nimoy vs Welker. i'd prefer Welker by far. Nimoy's great, but his voice is too smooth and soothing. it's not evil enough. Welker can do more with his voice than anyone i've ever heard. find the video of him explaining the Megatron voice and working through it. it's amazing. Welker can give that evil, futuristic, robotic voice i've always picture the Fallen having. Nimoy's voice is too simple and bland for such a menacing creature. hearing Nimoy's voice wont make me fear for the existence of the world.

snipperoth
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Although i have to say that i would sh*t my pants if the fallen would say: live long and prosper.

Swift
03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
t would be so cool to see him voice the fallen. If not, have Welker do it ;)

TIMtationX
03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
t would be so cool to see him voice the fallen. If not, have Welker do it ;)

Or they could have somebody completely different do his voice and *GASP* that just might turn out okay too!!:lol

snipperoth
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
yeah something like Ian McKellen or Christopher Lee (or John DiMaggio:D)

thelastautobot
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I can imagine Leonard doing a sicka$$ Decepticon Voice!!!
Great choice Bay! Now deliver Us to Evil!!

Trailbreaker
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Or they could have somebody completely different do his voice and *GASP* that just might turn out okay too!!:lol

Hell, I'll voice him if they need anybody.

megatron42
03-25-2009, 02:22 PM
they were talking about this on TFW2005

taybrian1
03-25-2009, 07:08 PM

That would be a dream come true to me. It wouldn't sound even close to being me, but knowing I said the words would be good enough.

megatron42
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM

i have a deeper voice.. no where near nimoys tho but i can do it

Trailbreaker
03-26-2009, 05:34 AM
i have a deeper voice.. no where near nimoys tho but i can do it
How do you know my voice isn't as deep as yours?

megatron42
03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
i don't.. you got an xbox 360?

MrX
03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Nemoy as The Fallen? Sounds good to me. If its true, that is.

megatron42
03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
it's not been confermed

Trailbreaker
03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
i don't.. you got an xbox 360?
Nope.

megatron42
03-26-2009, 06:56 PM
oh well