PDA

View Full Version : June 20th!!

sora
03-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Sorry for making another thread.. but I couldn't resist.. I got an int'l airline ticket to visit the United States to see ROTF.. because the first movie was released on Aug 4th here and I thought I can't wait for a month again.. but..

We'll see it on June 20th in Japan!! (http://www.tf-revenge.jp/) :eek:

Thank you Michael, and Paramount Pictures! I don't know how I can thank. :o Anyway, I'll visit the States as planned, to see it on the big screen of IMAX! :)

Trailbreaker
03-20-2009, 07:04 AM
I hope you are still visiting the US, cuz you need to hear Optimus in English, voiced by Peter Cullen. ;)

sora
03-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I hope you are still visiting the US, cuz you need to hear Optimus in English, voiced by Peter Cullen. ;)
We can see movies in both English and Japanese here. Usually most theaters in Japan assign the main/big screen to the English version. :)

And as you say, I want to hear Mr. Cullen's voice! :D

Steve
03-20-2009, 07:48 AM
why can't there be 1 releasedate WORLDWIDE?

sora
03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
why can't there be 1 releasedate WORLDWIDE?
I have no idea either..

It had been rumored that ROTF might be released in July or August here because this June a very popular animation movie Neon Genesis Evangelion hits Japanese screens. So we hadn't thought we could see ROTF so early. This is really a bolt out of the blue, in a delightful way. :eek:

I too wonder how release dates are set.

littleman794
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
once again, LLUUUUCKKKYYYY!!!!!

hey, im taking japanese in school:D

guppyvh
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
once again, LLUUUUCKKKYYYY!!!!!

hey, im taking japanese in school:D

Man im jealous... I wanted to learn japanese, but there's nowhere a school or whatever that teaches japanese close enough to where i live...

And indeed, you japanese are seriouse lucky..... Cant you share some luck?:D

brAnd7onX
03-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I have no idea either..

It had been rumored that ROTF might be released in July or August here because this June a very popular animation movie Neon Genesis Evangelion hits Japanese screens. So we hadn't thought we could see ROTF so early. This is really a bolt out of the blue, in a delightful way. :eek:

I too wonder how release dates are set.

Release dates are set by the Distribution company and they pick the release dates accordingly to competition...

So for instance Paramount wouldn't release Iron Man and Transformers in the same week in Japan or probably even 1 or 2 weeks between each other because they don't want the movies to compete against one another.

Steve
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, i was looking trough the list of upcoming movies from my theatherwebsite:

Transformers 2 has now an releasedate for 24/06/09

but on the international release date website it is still 8/07/09

Let's hope the Belgian releasedate is changed to June 24th

Kinepolis releasedate list:

http://www.kinepolis.com/be-nl/index.cfm?PageID=107917

Transformers 2 international release dates:

http://www.transformersmovie.com/intl/releasedates/

ALLHAILMEGATRON
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Man im jealous... I wanted to learn japanese, but there's nowhere a school or whatever that teaches japanese close enough to where i live...

Rosetta Stone :p

Link
03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Lucky you, June 20th is closer than July something for me. Who knows when it'll be on theaters in Mexico, and since I'll try to see it in IMAX, I have to raise the money amount to buy 3 Leader Class Optimus Prime and 3 Leader Class Jetfire.

That isn't cheap.:mad::mad:

phoenixgirl
03-20-2009, 09:41 PM

I've heard of programs where you can learn different languages like french or spanish. Surf the web, there is probably a japanese program. Best I got.

calmontoya
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Link... Mexico's date is actually June 24th.... so it's still the same international release date... I'm from Colombia, and Mexico is my reference point on this kind of stuff, so I guess we'll be seeing it the same day as almost everyone!!

Sora is so lucky!

Here in Colombia they release films on Fridays and the 24th is Wednesday, but it's a worldwide release and they usually respect that, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if they respect it this time! hehehe
:D

sora
03-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I feel I should share this unexpected luck if only I know how to do..! :eek:

littleman794
03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
lol, too bad huh?

Steve
03-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Good news everyone! The Belgian releasedate is now June 24th instead of July 8th!

Woohooo! I'm so happy! This is the best day of my life!

Can anyone understand my happyness?

Thank you Michael Bay, Paramount and DreamWorks!!!!

sora
03-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Good news everyone! The Belgian releasedate is now June 24th instead of July 8th!

Woohooo! I'm so happy! This is the best day of my life!

Can anyone understand my happyness?

Thank you Michael Bay, Paramount and DreamWorks!!!!
Congrats! That's really a good news! :)

Steve
03-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Congrats! That's really a good news! :)

Thank you thank you! I'm very very happy now! Can't wait to see the movie!

I gonna watch it one time, once again, one more time, again and again and again and again!

sora
04-07-2009, 04:15 AM
We Japanese will have an IMAX experience too!!! :eek:

On June 20th, the brand-new digital IMAX theater (http://www.109cinemas.net/imax/index.html) will open in Kawasaki, Japan. And its opening film is of course.. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (http://www.109cinemas.net/imax/news.html)!

And it's just a 20 minutes drive from my home. I'm speechless with excitement. Now I can't say enough about how thankful I am! :o

ARCEE^_^
04-07-2009, 07:21 AM
OMFG!!!!
:wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why not Auss?!:deadhorse1:
that's great and all for u Sora but not for me!
*sniffle*

sora
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
OMFG!!!!
:wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why not Auss?!:deadhorse1:
that's great and all for u Sora but not for me!
*sniffle*
Thank you. But I heard the red carpet premiere of the first movie and Star Trek were held at Sydney. ;)

snipperoth
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Ugh we never have international red carpet premiere's in holland:(

MovinForward
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey, Sora, where ya' headin' in the US to see TF2?

sora
04-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Hey, Sora, where ya' headin' in the US to see TF2?

Somewhere in the west coast. ;)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/nightbird2008/Temp/eticket.jpg

Mech_1000
04-08-2009, 02:48 AM
:D Thats great you get an Imax near you and an earlier showing... dont spoil it for us :)

sora
04-08-2009, 02:53 AM
:D Thats great you get an Imax near you and an earlier showing... dont spoil it for us :)
I swear I'll keep my mouth shut. ;)

shadowinvid
04-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Thank you. But I heard the red carpet premiere of the first movie and Star Trek were held at Sydney. ;)
Hi Sora, Yes StarTrek premiered last night here in Syndey at the Opera House. Lucky people like myself also got to attend at a ticket price of $100 well worthwhile, the movie was awesome and a great gap filler until June 24th ... Can't wait for ROTF

Simon
04-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Isn't there a way to show T2 on June 5th in New York or something?
Damn, I'm there on vacation but only until the 6th.. :(
Ah well, so I have to watch it in Germany again.. But I'm gonna wait 1-2 weeks anyway, so I don't have to bear all the (stupid) people in the theatre.

ARCEE^_^
04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Sora can u please give me some little clues about the story line once you've seen it!
Please!
*big pupydog eyes*

sora
04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Sora can u please give me some little clues about the story line once you've seen it!
Please!
*big pupydog eyes*
Do you really want to know the storyline before you see it with your own eyes? :eek:

sora
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi Sora, Yes StarTrek premiered last night here in Syndey at the Opera House. Lucky people like myself also got to attend at a ticket price of $100 well worthwhile, the movie was awesome and a great gap filler until June 24th ... Can't wait for ROTF
You attended the Trek premiere? Lucky you! :)

SomeCroatianGuy
04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
:eek: I just remembered something.
Tomorrow ,Fast & Furious 4 will be released in my cinema (release date is April 9th) , but.......
you could see the movie last week for 3-4 days because it was like a premiere. And that's the case with every big movie in my cinema.
so, I could see T2 also before June 25th because, release date in Croatia is June 25th ,but, I will maybe see it week before release date (like Fast & Furious).
somewhere from 15.6. to 21.6.

*crossed fingers*

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/uploaded_images/CrossedFingers-786164.jpg

Michael Do
04-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Somewhere in the west coast. ;)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/nightbird2008/Temp/eticket.jpg
muhahahahahahha thanks for posting that. you know i can remove those black bg and can see what behind it. muhuhshshahahahahahsuahsuahsua

/steal information :D

sora
04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
muhahahahahahha thanks for posting that. you know i can remove those black bg and can see what behind it. muhuhshshahahahahahsuahsuahsua

/steal information :D
I've removed selected areas before black it out. :D

Swift
04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
oohhh!!! The suspense!! Damn it! Can't wait for it to hit IMAX XD