PDA

View Full Version : The Touch for TF2?

phoenixgirl
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Everyone remembers The Touch from the 1986 movie. Well, it's being brought back.

A new verson of the song is being submitted for Transformers 2 by Stan Bush who wrote to seibertron.com. Whether it will be accepted or not is still a question. I am personally interested in how the new verson sounds next to the old one. I am just wondering who would want to hear The Touch in the movie, even if it is only during the credits.

Also, the Touch is being performed at Botcon 09, also by Stan Bush. Can't tell which verson will be used but it is something to look forward to for anyone going.

Here is the link for more details: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15395

Battlebot
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
That was a good song. I tell you one song I would really like to hear is "Instruments of destruction". That was my favorite out of them all.

phoenixgirl
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
One thing I am happy about is that Stan Bush who did the Original The Touch song for the movie is also doing the new verson.

I think Stan also did Dare from the 86 movie. I actually liked that song better then the Touch, but the Touch was great too. Either would work.

raddimus
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
the touch and dare... I hated em as a kid... I watched the cartoon movie recently...freaking love those songs now... man I hope bay puts the touch in the new movie.

UnclePetey
03-17-2009, 10:24 PM
You've got the touch... you've got the poweeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!

...if one of the bots grabs the sliver of Allspark and holds it over his head and a quickening-type lightning happens- I'm disavowing any love for the new movie...

TIMtationX
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Depends on how it sounds. It'll probably be vetoed if it's too cheesy

taybrian1
03-17-2009, 11:04 PM
"The Touch" song is way too eighties for my taste. Not that I'm dissing the time period because I was born during them, but the music was a bit corny. That song just wouldn't fit well into todays movies.

Trailbreaker
03-18-2009, 05:38 AM
No Touch please.

Firefrost
03-18-2009, 05:47 AM
If Linkin Park covers it I'll 'force push' the music industry to oblivion!

MrX
03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
"The Touch" song is way too eighties for my taste. Not that I'm dissing the time period because I was born during them, but the music was a bit corny. That song just wouldn't fit well into todays movies.

Its a nice song, but for it to work in the film, It'll have to be really updated. Maybe they'll have it on the soundtrack CD.

I don't mean the score. I mean the songs from the film. Sometimes when they release a soundtrack CD, they add songs that never appears in the actual film. So if it doesn't make it on screen, maybe we'll hear it there.

Optimash Prime
03-18-2009, 08:49 AM
IT will work if like Sam turns on the radio and its playing but to litterally play it during a fight scene would be awful :confused:

Blap09
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
That was a good song. I tell you one song I would really like to hear is "Instruments of destruction". That was my favorite out of them all.

Bam! Megatrack and i loved it in the animated movie :D

But i think if people`s are gonna make a new improved version of lets say The Touch. It would not be as great as it was back in 86. It would become some sort of trance version and i hate that. Please use the old music instead :p Classic tracks imo

Wolfbrother
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
I really liked the song, but in the '86 movie, it had a great deal of relevance to what was happening in the story. I would only like it in ROTF if the same holds true. Let's not include something like this simply for the sake of nostalgia...

sharpie
03-19-2009, 03:10 AM
There are rumors this song is being released as a free downloadable song for guitar hero world tour...taking these two pieces of information together seems to give some plausibility to the song raising its head again.