PDA

View Full Version : TF3 Gets a Release Date???

Johnd818
03-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Check THIS (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001280.html?categoryid=13&cs=1) out. Variety is reporting a release date for TF3...:wtf

UnclePetey
03-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Preliminary release date... Bay and Paramount are playing king of the hill on top of the July 4th weekend...

ChadWPalm
03-17-2009, 12:36 AM
So if Bay claims to be taking a year off.......who's gonna make this movie? I know a lot of people would have rather had someone else than Bay directing this franchise, but he's built a style here and to change it midstream would be bad. (Batman come to mind?)

UnclePetey
03-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Start filming May/June of '10- bout a year off! Editing/CGI cleanups are going on right now- shooting and voice overs have all but wrapped up, exept for minor hiccups that need to be fixed, etc...

ChadWPalm
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
There's a lot of prep and planning that has to go into pre-production for a movie. The job doesn't start on the first day of shooting.

Ladies_Man_217
03-17-2009, 01:07 AM
I do agree that this is a preliminary date for TF-3 but........along with 99.9% of the TF fanatics, I would love for Mr. Bay to complete this trilogy {if in fact it's 'green-lighted'}

If Mr. Bay elected to avoid the idea of a trilogy I would respectfully understand because he has already given us these 2 SUPER ULTRA MEGA BLOCKBUSTERS.

The franchise would never be the same without good old-fashioned BAYHEM

littleman794
03-17-2009, 01:18 AM
hmmmmm...very interesting...sounds right, but very likely to waver

Johnd818
03-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

Michael

Thank goodness that's put to rest! I was worried the studio would try to rush a third too quickly. We all know how that worked for the Matrix movies. :p

littleman794
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

Michael

Thank goodness that's put to rest! I was worried the studio would try to rush a third too quickly. We all know how that worked for the Matrix movies. :p

now that makes sense!!

Battlebot
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I do agree that this is a preliminary date for TF-3 but........along with 99.9% of the TF fanatics, I would love for Mr. Bay to complete this trilogy {if in fact it's 'green-lighted'}

If Mr. Bay elected to avoid the idea of a trilogy I would respectfully understand because he has already given us these 2 SUPER ULTRA MEGA BLOCKBUSTERS.

The franchise would never be the same without good old-fashioned BAYHEM
Why does everyone think TF's is just going to be a trilogy????? As long as they make money they will keep making them.

Ladies_Man_217
03-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Why does everyone think TF's is just going to be a trilogy????? As long as they make money they will keep making them.I think what Mr. Bay said last night about coming back for TF-3 is HUGE. Is there a reason why we can't focus on what is confirmed? I mean the man himself just signed on for part 3 and that is with a year off to rest. Can the guy relax before he has to sign on for a second trilogy?

Mr. Bay----Puerto Vallarta is a GREAT PLACE to relax----Enjoy yourself wherever you end up going :)

Trailbreaker
03-17-2009, 10:40 PM
If you think about it, if Bay has the year off not making movies, he will have more time to hang out on Shoot For the Edit! Wouldn't that be so awesome?!!!

Ladies_Man_217
03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
If you think about it, if Bay has the year off not making movies, he will have more time to hang out on Shoot For the Edit! Wouldn't that be so awesome?!!!:):) That would be GREAT :):)

** as long as he is relaxing at the same time though---he deserves it!! **

Trailbreaker
03-17-2009, 10:44 PM
:):) That would be GREAT :):)

** as long as he is relaxing at the same time though---he deserves it!! **
*imagines Bay sitting at his AWESOME pool with his martini and laptop surfing on this site*

Ladies_Man_217
03-17-2009, 11:04 PM
*imagines Bay sitting at his AWESOME pool with his martini and laptop surfing on this site*Could you imagine if Mr. Bay said:

"Well ladies & gentlemen I'm using my year off wisely as I took some advice from 'Ladies_Man_217' [:)sorry----I had to add that:)] and went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I was wondering if my loyal fans would like to have an 'open chat' for a few hours to discuss Transformers---how does that sound? Thanks for all of your support-----Michael"

I WOULD TOTALLY FREAK-OUT IF WE HAD AN OPEN-CHAT w/ "BAY-HEM"

littleman794
03-18-2009, 02:29 AM
lol, cool but you would have to be on some pretty strong drugs to think it was happening...michael is much to busy to do that...too bad though, huh?

Trailbreaker
03-18-2009, 06:39 AM
lol, cool but you would have to be on some pretty strong drugs to think it was happening...michael is much to busy to do that...too bad though, huh?

Haven't you read a thing I said? This is when he is on VACATION!!!:rolleyes:

If you think about it, if Bay has the year off not making movies, he will have more time to hang out on Shoot For the Edit! Wouldn't that be so awesome?!!!

littleman794
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
ya.........uuuuuhh...

ok, my bad...

but for somereason i still don't see him coming on any more than he does now next year...

Trailbreaker
03-18-2009, 03:25 PM
ya.........uuuuuhh...

ok, my bad...

but for somereason i still don't see him coming on any more than he does now next year...

It's just wishful thinking, no need to conclude that I am on drugs because of it.

Pentagon
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I do not mind if Michael Bay gets replaced with either Peter Jackson or Christopher Nolan as both in my opinion are far better directors. They can make the Transformers universe a lot more serious and less comicy/gimmicky, also they won't have the crappy Bay humor either. I think the overall product would be a lot better with either of those two. Just my opinion.

Johnd818
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I do not mind if Michael Bay gets replaced with either Peter Jackson or Christopher Nolan as both in my opinion are far better directors. They can make the Transformers universe a lot more serious and less comicy/gimmicky, also they won't have the crappy Bay humor either. I think the overall product would be a lot better with either of those two. Just my opinion.

:confused:

Trailbreaker
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Transformers is not the type of movie Peter Jackson or Chris Nolan would direct. It would be like me telling an electrician to go fix my plumbing. The whole idea is it is suppose to have campy, goofy action and humor, just like the cartoon was.

Pentagon
03-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Transformers is not the type of movie Peter Jackson or Chris Nolan would direct. It would be like me telling an electrician to go fix my plumbing. The whole idea is it is suppose to have campy, goofy action and humor, just like the cartoon was.

Yeh I get what you are saying and also know that the cartoon was like that also. But I wish the movie would have been different though as stated in my earlier opinions.