PDA

View Full Version : Holy Freakin' Primus people

elanVital
03-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Hasn't anyone heard of the old fashioned way of just waiting? I mean... it's fun to guess, but it gets to a point where people spoil it for themselves because they end up going to the movie believing some things are going to be in there and some things aren't because of all the homg... Rumerz! out there on the net nowadays because this generation does not know the meaning of patience o_< I was never the one to sneak into my parent's bedroom to peak at my christmas presents.

I believe the movie is much funner when it is a surprise in what is going to happen... No offense to any of you out there, but hearing bits and pieces for a year before it comes out sort of ruins the experience. I mean, then what's the point of the movie? Does anyone agree with me? I love having a discussion on previous movies and the occasional "what might happen in the next", but I believe that this one has been blown out of proportion because Michael Bay had taken extra steps to make sure that this one did not "leak" out like the last one.

It's rather funny that the stuff the people are going on by are the toys and coloring books. Not to mention the occasional person who just happened to be next to the set and recorded from their window. *snerk*

I didn't mean to rant at anyone, but it drives me up the wall when all my TF fan buddies want to talk about is all the damn rumers and what nots about this upcoming movie... been for the past year and I am about to pull my hair out and say "Alright! That's enough, I don't even care to go see the movie anymore".

UnclePetey
03-15-2009, 12:19 PM
*snerk*

Guess there's one Thundercats fan who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

elanVital
03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
lol thats the sound of snot stuck in my nose. And yes, I need my coffee before I peruse the internet ;p To lazy to get out of bed on a Sunday morning.

elanVital
03-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Guess there's one Thundercats fan who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

oh and the real sound would be *snark*

TIMtationX
03-15-2009, 12:29 PM
oh and the real sound would be *snark*

...Actually, it's SNARF...

moron2themax
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Hasn't anyone heard of the old fashioned way of just waiting? I mean... it's fun to guess, but it gets to a point where people spoil it for themselves because they end up going to the movie believing some things are going to be in there and some things aren't because of all the homg... Rumerz! out there on the net nowadays because this generation does not know the meaning of patience o_< I was never the one to sneak into my parent's bedroom to peak at my christmas presents.

I believe the movie is much funner when it is a surprise in what is going to happen... No offense to any of you out there, but hearing bits and pieces for a year before it comes out sort of ruins the experience. I mean, then what's the point of the movie? Does anyone agree with me? I love having a discussion on previous movies and the occasional "what might happen in the next", but I believe that this one has been blown out of proportion because Michael Bay had taken extra steps to make sure that this one did not "leak" out like the last one.

It's rather funny that the stuff the people are going on by are the toys and coloring books. Not to mention the occasional person who just happened to be next to the set and recorded from their window. *snerk*

I didn't mean to rant at anyone, but it drives me up the wall when all my TF fan buddies want to talk about is all the damn rumers and what nots about this upcoming movie... been for the past year and I am about to pull my hair out and say "Alright! That's enough, I don't even care to go see the movie anymore".

Has anyone noticed that all the wierd threads have been posted by newbies?????:deadhorse1::lol

phoenixgirl
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
We understand what you are saying, or at least I do.

I was not the type to sneak around for my christmas or birthday presents. I know you are tired of listening to the rumors because you think they spoil the surprise. But in the end, thats all they are - RUMORS. No one knows what is true or what is false. All we really have are what has been officially released, the trailers and the set pictures.
For us fans who try to imagine what will happen, it is just a means of talking about it and getting excited for the movie. But in the end, we really don't know anything at all. And as good as our imaginations may be, there is no comparison to actually seeing it in person.

So if don't want to listen to the rumors, then don't listen. If we want to guess what may happen, let us guess. No harm is done.

elanVital
03-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Has anyone noticed that all the wierd threads have been posted by newbies?????:deadhorse1::lol

lmao and you do realize that I just said that I don't like talking about rumors about upcoming films. Which meeaaans, that I probably wouldn't have had an account on here beforehand. But I don't expect you to understand. When it comes to the TF world, no, I am not a "n00b". That is beside the matter though, you believe that me stating my opinion is weird... *shrugs* whatever floats your boat.

elanVital
03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
We understand what you are saying, or at least I do.

I was not the type to sneak around for my christmas or birthday presents. I know you are tired of listening to the rumors because you think they spoil the surprise. But in the end, thats all they are - RUMORS. No one knows what is true or what is false. All we really have are what has been officially released, the trailers and the set pictures.
For us fans who try to imagine what will happen, it is just a means of talking about it and getting excited for the movie. But in the end, we really don't know anything at all. And as good as our imaginations may be, there is no comparison to actually seeing it in person.

So if don't want to listen to the rumors, then don't listen. If we want to guess what may happen, let us guess. No harm is done.

amen to that

I just had one of those pull my hair out moments that everyone gets now and then. I do try to control myself... but sometimes it's hard not to say something.

elanVital
03-15-2009, 01:25 PM

woops, my bad. Just shows that I am actually not a Thundercat fan like that one guy claimed.

BigChap
03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Can understand you mate but after the success of the first film it was always going to get blown out of proportion and dont forget the amount of merchandise thats going to come out this, it is based on toys after all so i think thats why it may seem like its blown out of proportion, theres just more of it than most movies.

Trailbreaker
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
You know, if it weren't for rumors and spoilers, this forum would be a barren waste land.

elanVital
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
You know, if it weren't for rumors and spoilers, this forum would be a barren waste land.

That most likely would be true, I was just getting frustrated when this is all I have been finding. I actually came to michaelbay.com after seeing one of his documentaries. I wanted to know more about him and his style, always been into the making of films and what effort is put into them.

Got sidetracked a bit... my bad

elanVital
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Can understand you mate but after the success of the first film it was always going to get blown out of proportion and dont forget the amount of merchandise thats going to come out this, it is based on toys after all so i think thats why it may seem like its blown out of proportion, theres just more of it than most movies.

lol true true ^^

guppyvh
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
That most likely would be true, I was just getting frustrated when this is all I have been finding. I actually came to michaelbay.com after seeing one of his documentaries. I wanted to know more about him and his style, always been into the making of films and what effort is put into them.

Got sidetracked a bit... my bad

I understand where youre coming from... but you can always make threads about the things you want to know :D
And if there were no post about rumors, spoilers etc. we could talk about micheals work, career etc. but after a while, there isnt much left to say if you dont involve the other things

elanVital
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I understand where youre coming from... but you can always make threads about the things you want to know :D
And if there were no post about rumors, spoilers etc. we could talk about micheals work, career etc. but after a while, there isnt much left to say if you dont involve the other things

I'll try doing that next time, I need someone to remind me to drink my morning coffee before I post ;)

guppyvh
03-15-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll try doing that next time, I need someone to remind me to drink my morning coffee before I post ;)

Put a poster of a cup coffee above your bed, should help to remind :D

elanVital
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Put a poster of a cup coffee above your bed, should help to remind :D

good idea XD

Mech_1000
03-15-2009, 08:01 PM
I completely agree. For the past month I have really been ignoring most of the topics the TF2 forum. After accidentally stumbling on a few rumors I had enough :-)

phoenixgirl
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM

You could have a coffee cup background?

elanVital
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
You could have a coffee cup background?

If only I didn't like my current background so much lol I think I might invest in a expresso machine for my room :D

elanVital
03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I completely agree. For the past month I have really been ignoring most of the topics the TF2 forum. After accidentally stumbling on a few rumors I had enough :-)

I think I'm just going to cut back on my browsing and try not to go into anything that sais 'spoiler'. I am looking forward to seeing the movie though ^^

Optimash Prime
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I did the same thing for the first movie...I obsessed and my girl wanted to kill me cause it was all I would talk about. I am treating the new film the same way!!! Here is the catch though you have to go in the theater open minded no matter what other wise you will be disappointed that Tidal Wave the transforming Air craft carrier isn't in ROTF.....

littleman794
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM

actually its BLARG!!